Tottenham Thread

chonabot

And fine him for missing training. I'm glad we got rid of him. He really does think he's bigger than the clubs he play's for.

I think its simply that he doesn't care as long as his contract is lock tight and we have to pay him.

Apparently he flew into Luton airport last nightrolleyes.gif

I'm taking it as a given he'll be picked to play and its quite interesting to see how he links up with Lewis Holtby who will drop in behind him.

Its rather important that they gel and stay fit because Defoe is out until the end of march

Edited by carmine

And fine him for missing training. I'm glad we got rid of him. He really does think he's bigger than the clubs he play's for.

I think its simply that he doesn't care as long as his contract is lock tight and we have to pay him.

I'm taking it as a given he'll be picked to play and its quite interesting to see how he links up with Lewis Holtby who will drop in behind him.

Its rather important that they gel and stay fit because Defoe is out until the end of march

Stick him on the pitch. If he looks jet lagged 30000 people can help him wake up. biggrin.png

Unfortunately he has us by the <deleted>, short and long term, AVB gives him 3 days off and he still turns up late, i think AVB will play Dempsey with Ade on the bench, not that he will be worried !

Edited by alfieconn

Well i'd like Villas-Boas to put him in his place right now and play Harry Kane, if the lads fit.

Makes sense, as he's taken the trouble to recall him back from on loan.

More a case of me wanting to put Adebayor in his place. Kane's still very much one for the future and his recall is purely down to needs must and tight wad Levy

I get the impression Adebayor doesn't think at all. Kind of a happy go lucky version of Balotelli.blink.png

• Like 1

I get the impression Adebayor doesn't think at all. Kind of a happy go lucky version of Balotelli.blink.png

Yep, must be an african thing 23.gif

Yep, must be an african thing 23.gif

Or a dick head thing eh?

So Adebayor failed to make it to the airport to catch his flight!

Since the powers that be failed to buy a striker we are seemingly at Ade's mercy or so he thinks by the look of it.

Well i'd like Villas-Boas to put him in his place right now and play Harry Kane, if the lads fit. Make the mercenary sit on the bench and show him who gives the orders. I also hope he starts with Lewis Holtby as his first two performances warrent it.

So, as much as i'd like Dembele further up, lets play him alongside Parker and start with Holtby and Kane. I'm sure he won't start with Kane and probably pander to Adebayor instead but i'd love it if he dropped him.

Looks like your centre forward, Dempsey, gets the call up front.rolleyes.gif

Was Holtby playing in the second half or did they sub him at half time? i thought he had a good first five minutes but then had three good chances that he ballooned over the bar.....so maybe Alfie is correct after all he defo is not a forward is he...tongue.png

edit...he has just been subbed for smiler,at least you can't miss ade when he falls over and gives it the dazzle biggrin.png

Was Holtby playing in the second half or did they sub him at half time? i thought he had a good first five minutes but then had three good chances that he ballooned over the bar.....so maybe Alfie is correct after all he defo is not a forward is he...tongue.png

IMO he was a weak link and a bit of a lightweight in midfield.

You mean a Champions League team nev smile.png

Well at least one of the teams that can make it out of the group stages.

How did you do last year wink.png Mmmm. Finished behind Benfica and Basel. Not exactly rights to brag and considering the muppets you got drawn against this year. Might as well have given you a bye

You mean a Champions League team nev smile.png

Well at least one of the teams that can make it out of the group stages.

How did you do last year wink.png Mmmm. Finished behind Benfica and Basel. Not exactly rights to brag and considering the muppets you got drawn against this year. Might as well have given you a bye

Last season we had a lot of injuries, this season not many, our pedigree biggrin.png

Hard fought 3 points 2 day against a good Newcastle side , 4 me t'was a v entertaining game, cant help but say that bale was the difference between the 2 teams but thought lennon was excellent and pleased to see that Parker was regaining his rhythm. I'v got to say with every game i'm more and more impressed with hugo ,,,,TOP draw keeper. Down side, sorry but naughton imo ATM aint good enuf,, adeboy should have had his arse training with the youth squad for a month and not on the bench!!! lets just hope this bollacks 2 striker policy don't cost us a champions lge spot.

Edited by rijit

Bale is still working on his game and improving.

Clearly he has a strong work ethic as well as a sackful of talent.

The longer he remains a Spurs player the happier we will be....I reckon CL qualification this season is imperative if we're not to see him disappear to Spain in the summer.

Been thinking the talk about Bale looking like C Ronaldo was rubbish, but there were some Ronaldoish signs last night. Obviously still a long ways to go, but...

yeah, ronaldo did the flying winger to more central striker switch, could be that giving it cred.

Jermain Defoe was arrested by police investigating alleged threats to kill two women following the disappearance of jewels and clothing worth £200,000 from his home

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2KhTOyaVx

And your point is O's?

Maybe they nicked his lucky scoring boots rij? biggrin.png

now him getting those back on, would be very handy indeed smokes

Entertaining enough game but we drifted for large periods of the second half.

Gareth was superb again....what can we say?

Shaking my head....that should have been the tie over really. The 19 year old Lyon lad scored a great goal as well....nice one to tell the grandkids about!