Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Rose coming through is a big bonus. I think BAE is out of sorts because he isn't getting game time and for that i don't blame him and i don't really understand the benefit of playing the right footed Naughton instead of him. I suppose if he is on his way they will bring back Rose and use Vertonghen as a stand in.

It looks really good next season if Kaboul and Sandro are back fit. You might be right about Parker because Levy will want something from him. A lot might depend on whether they feel Livermore is good enough as a stand in for Sandro. I'm not entirely sure he is.

But generally speaking the defense, goal keepers, all sound. In the midfield, Sandro will be back, Townsend recalled as cover for both wings.

Its that time again soon.................buy a bloody striker.

Thinking about what you said bout holtby 'snapping' at players when he came on tother day, made me start thinking. perhaps he could, at a push, do parkers job? if the need arose, not sure on that one though, but just a thought

Apart from his last season thats the position he played with Schalke.

Well frankly the way Parkers been playing recently thats where Holtby should be now then. Holtby's passing is also far better.

What with a rejuvinated Tom Hudd, AVB has some good options.

BTW, looks like were are sticking with a 433 formation. I tend to think this will be our best formation. Thoughts?

Rose coming through is a big bonus. I think BAE is out of sorts because he isn't getting game time and for that i don't blame him and i don't really understand the benefit of playing the right footed Naughton instead of him. I suppose if he is on his way they will bring back Rose and use Vertonghen as a stand in.

It looks really good next season if Kaboul and Sandro are back fit. You might be right about Parker because Levy will want something from him. A lot might depend on whether they feel Livermore is good enough as a stand in for Sandro. I'm not entirely sure he is.

But generally speaking the defense, goal keepers, all sound. In the midfield, Sandro will be back, Townsend recalled as cover for both wings.

Its that time again soon.................buy a bloody striker.

Thinking about what you said bout holtby 'snapping' at players when he came on tother day, made me start thinking. perhaps he could, at a push, do parkers job? if the need arose, not sure on that one though, but just a thought

Apart from his last season thats the position he played with Schalke.

Well frankly the way Parkers been playing recently thats where Holtby should be now then. Holtby's passing is also far better.

What with a rejuvinated Tom Hudd, AVB has some good options.

BTW, looks like were are sticking with a 433 formation. I tend to think this will be our best formation. Thoughts?

If he was looking to play Moutinho in a 3 with Dembele and Sandro / parker it makes you wonder why he didn't just slot Hudd in there, still hindsight is a wonderful thing and iv'e just realised that Hudd was injured at the beginning of the season.

Edited by alfieconn

You have me thinking here...Moutinho Dembele Sandro across the middle would be rather good wouldn't it!

Them 3 plus Holtby and Hudd as cover, front three of Bale, new forward, Lennon / newbie ( who can play either side), Defoe and Townsend as cover.New left back for BAE and bring back Rose, bobs your uncle fanny's your aunt.

So 4 four new players, get rid of BAE, Parker,Dempsey,Sigurdson,Ade.

You have me thinking here...Moutinho Dembele Sandro across the middle would be rather good wouldn't it!

Them 3 plus Holtby and Hudd as cover, front three of Bale, new forward, Lennon / newbie ( who can play either side), Defoe and Townsend as cover.New left back for BAE and bring back Rose, bobs your uncle fanny's your aunt.

I hope you are saying that we keep Gallas!!!

YES, Apparently the tea lady needs replacing.biggrin.png

YES, Apparently the tea lady needs replacing.biggrin.png

Yup....Bentley will no longer be asking "One lump or two".

Yeah parkers performances atm are just missing the boat, he's putting the effort in but his reading and timing quite aren't up to what we came to expect, player of the year ect ect, will it come bac? most players go through a dip, be it directly after or shortly after the return, so yeah probably, in time to avoid a cull?, At getting on 32, money will be the major concern IMO, for levy. Bentley on our books for another year 6 year deal in 2008 <deleted> !! As for gallas, with vb saying were not gonna run with 5 c/bs surely he's as good as gone?, so, a new midfielder and a new striker, pretty much what was needed in the January window. Was it me or was levy surprisingly slow in realizing there were deals 2 be had in January?, aka Newcastle and remy who I reckon, if the talk of a release clause was true, we should buy!!!!!

Edited by rijit

not a particularly inspiring performance by spurs, no energy or tempo to our play and naughton again at l/b AGAIN !!!!! <deleted>. Thought that vb was second best to martinez, 4 the second time this season !! if the rumors vbs is off 2 madrid, i think its <deleted>, but if it did happen i'de like Martinez at the lane, personally i think he'd do wonders with a decent squad. And yeah red we need a striker !!!! and its a shame villa or wigan have to go down, both play the game in the right way, would prefer long ball/muscle and brawn teams like west ham and or stoke 2 disappear into the championship, but hey ho thats life

Edited by rijit

Not particularly inspiring? Come off it you were dire, lads. Still you scraped a point which is probably more than we Gunners are gonna get tomorrow.

Edit: woops - today already!

Not particularly inspiring? Come off it you were dire, lads. Still you scraped a point which is probably more than we Gunners are gonna get tomorrow.

Edit: woops - today already!

maybe, but a team fighting for their lives are always likely to prove more than a handful, especially one that can play and has a f--ckin good manager, not many ive seen this season get the 'jump' on vb, but 4 sure he did today, As for you tomorrow, tough call, but i wouldn't be surprised if fergie didnt give second team a run out !!!wub.pngsick.gif

Dembele looks knackered and needs a rest. Now he's injured perhaps he'll get one!

Parker seems to have lost it and is not the same player as last season. His passing is poor, theres no penetration and he slows us down.

I just don't understand why AVB is playing a right back at left back when we have a fit BAE on the bench. I don't see the logic. Rumours of his departure in the summer are surely irrelevent. And if AVB is so anti then why is Danny Rose up at Sunderland?

watching the game its difficult to see why Wigan are fighting relegation again. They played very well

Dembele looks knackered and needs a rest. Now he's injured perhaps he'll get one!

Parker seems to have lost it and is not the same player as last season. His passing is poor, theres no penetration and he slows us down.

I just don't understand why AVB is playing a right back at left back when we have a fit BAE on the bench. I don't see the logic. Rumours of his departure in the summer are surely irrelevent. And if AVB is so anti then why is Danny Rose up at Sunderland?

watching the game its difficult to see why Wigan are fighting relegation again. They played very well

It's Avb little selection mistakes that are costing us games or at least not helping us, as much as i don't like BAE he is still better than Naughton at LB, Parker playing further forward <deleted>,mistakes similar to the Fulham game, oh i forgot Defoe, 9 passes next lowest being 24, 1 dribble and 1 shot off target, might as well have played with 10 men !

Good game that and Wigan fought like tigers,Spurs need a striker biggrin.png

I hope Wigan stay up at the expense of Villa then you could sign Benteke.

Nailed it in the first sentence.

We badly need a quality striker yeah....and a replacement for Modric....really just the extra bit of quality that wins you games like this.

Bale can't carry it every game unfortunately.

Wigan were excellent in the second half.

Yes they were. Come to think of it we struggled at the DW (I went for the pies as you may recall). Jammy 1-0 win, like your jammy late equaliser! Pity - I don't mind you lot knicking the point - I may do later! But Wigan needed all 3 and I need my venue for occasional live EPL football next season.

If it comes down to the last day Villa game for the Latrics I am not as confident as the telly pundits that Wigan's experienced escapology act will necessarily run its usual course. A good day Villa would beat an average day Wigan. I would bring back Al Habsi if I were Martinez - that lanky goalie looked a bit dodgy to me.

[They are where they are because they raise their game for the good teams (but then often narrowly fail) and they don't seem to get the performances/results they should against the mid and lower table clubs. Shocking defence before Scharner joined them]

just a reminder of a debate we had b4, and the consensus was corners wern't important

Tottenham Hotspur corners awarded:
(3rd in the league)
Manchester United corners awarded:
(6th in the league)

Tottenham Hotspur corners scored:
(14th in the league)
Manchester United corners scored:
(1st in the league,)

the difference between us and ] 4th position at the mo' is circa 14 goals.

saying that thought hudd's deliver's were the best i've seen , baring bales, for a while, actually a fuckin age!!!!

More Importantly rig is how many goals have we conceded from corners in the last

5 or 6 games?

I think you'll find that statistic relevant to why we're out of The Europa Cup

and why we've dropped down to 5th in the league.

More Importantly rig is how many goals have we conceded from corners in the last

5 or 6 games?

I think you'll find that statistic relevant to why we're out of The Europa Cup

and why we've dropped down to 5th in the league.

yeah sots seems were not good on defending x's atm. When teams attack it almost feels like 'bac in the day' when our c/bs were good footballers but good c/bs MMMMmmmm?????? you put your point 2 gether with those stats ive put up, and could it give us a clear picture ?

So Gareth Bale wins PFA Player of Year and Young Player awards, great achievement !

I can't help feel the rules need changing on this. It doesn't make much sense you can win both?

I'm not so sure. Previously a young player has won Player of the Year but didn't win Young Player of the Year. That is more bizzare to me.