Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Great player is Bale, but I'd be more admiring if he could get a handle on the diving. A player of his stature should eliminate that mess.

In fairness to the welsh <deleted> wizard, that has not been a feature of his play this season. Perhaps when he joins Real Madrid?

biggrin.png

Great player is Bale, but I'd be more admiring if he could get a handle on the diving. A player of his stature should eliminate that mess.

In fairness to the welsh <deleted> wizard, that has not been a feature of his play this season. Perhaps when he joins Real Madrid?

biggrin.png

Ah Chicog, I just witnessed a flagrant dive by Bale recently. I was surprised he didn't get up soaking wet.tongue.png If he goes to Madrid nobody will notice his dives next to Di Maria, the queen of divers.whistling.gif

biggrin.png

Ah Chicog, I just witnessed a flagrant dive by Bale recently. I was surprised he didn't get up soaking wet.tongue.png If he goes to Madrid nobody will notice his dives next to Di Maria, the queen of divers.whistling.gif

Its very unlikely you have actually have seen he blatently dive recently. He one of the most "watched players' by referees in the league. Last time he dived blatently he was rightly booked. Then booked unfairly by the ref when he was fouled.

Either way you look at he he gets some rough treatment by inferior slow defenders and midfielders and at times has to similate to try and avoid injury.

biggrin.png

Your still learning about the game arn't you. biggrin.png

Personally i think we have fcuked it but stranger things have happened 2.gif

its certainly a tall order. Great shame considering how dog average Arsenal are. On that basis alone i don't think we deserve to qualify.

biggrin.png

Your still learning about the game arn't you. biggrin.png

All due respect, I know I dive when I see one. His latest was outside the area, so maybe that's OK.whistling.gif I think Bale is a tremendous player and deserving of his recent honor. But, he's a diver, pure and simple. It looks like its in his blood. I'm hoping a transfusion will be in order. thumbsup.gif

If we won all our remaining games then possibly.

But i doubt we have the consistency to achieve that sadly.

Well I think Arsenal are going to struggle to score goals without Giroud. Podolski clearly isn't the answer and Gervinho is a headless chicken most of the time.

I still reckon it will go to the last day.

Get your orders in for Lasagne.....

biggrin.png

second half of the season he seemed to get a handle on it, i don't know if you've ever played footiethumbsup.gif ,but tbf, but if u know somebody gonna take you out, it HURTS u get the f out of the way, and the quicker you go the finer your balance tends to be making it easier for some one to knock you over. but what ever !!!!! Unfortunately alfie i make you right, but u never know, were oh so so due a touch of luck at the end of a season !!!!!

biggrin.png

second half of the season he seemed to get a handle on it, i don't know if you've ever played footiethumbsup.gif ,but tbf, but if u know somebody gonna take you out, it HURTS u get the f out of the way, and the quicker you go the finer your balance tends to be making it easier for some one to knock you over. but what ever !!!!! Unfortunately alfie i make you right, but u never know, were oh so so due a touch of luck at the end of a season !!!!!

Righto, I understand the prudent behavior of avoiding a challenge and saving your skin. The debate about how much of a diver Bale may or may not be could go on for awhile. Let's hope he limits whatever it is he does from time to time, and there won't be a need for a debate.wai2.gif

Jelly dog In fairness, he seems to have got a, 'reasonable', handle on it, but being what he is, a player that runs at defenders, he's gonna get bits kicked out of him week in week out, making it a constant 4 refs 2 sort , post that 'is it a dive or not a dive debates', will probably never go away, only its intensity will probably vary according to the match's importance and or what else is happening on that particular daysmile.png

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Bale go to Man U.

Apart from a big cash offer, they would probably offer the type of players in part exchange that AVB might go for (I'm not saying Spurs fans would), i.e. Young, Nani, Anderson et al. It's not as if selling him to Man U is going to make Man U finish in front of Spurs, because they will do that anyway and AVB/Levy know that.

50-60 million plus a player might temp Spurs (50 million in Levy's pocket, Young or Nani and Anderson on the pitch). wink.png

Apart from a big cash offer, they would probably offer the type of players in part exchange that AVB might go for (I'm not saying Spurs fans would), i.e. Young, Nani, Anderson et al. It's not as if selling him to Man U is going to make Man U finish in front of Spurs, because they will do that anyway and AVB/Levy know that.

50-60 million plus a player might temp Spurs (50 million in Levy's pocket, Young or Nani and Anderson on the pitch). wink.png

I'd like to disagree with you but i'm not sure i do. I, it seems along with many Spurs fans are getting increasing concerned with regards to the footballing ambition of Mssrs Lewis and Levy.

The new stadium means we'll be a very salable product but i see little ambition to want to compete at the top level. I doubt Bale does either but i do think he likes working with this manager and AVB should take huge credit for the way he has improved Bale as an all round player.

I'd also be concerned that the likes of Vertonghen and Lloris will also be looking at the clubs ambitions.

Jesus , the beeb were saying we signed villa and ardiles 35 years ago! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW

Anyone else go to their 1st game at the lane ?

Yes and the first game of the season at Forest, roasting hot and couldn't get a drink in the ground !

I'd like to disagree with you but i'm not sure i do. I, it seems along with many Spurs fans are getting increasing concerned with regards to the footballing ambition of Mssrs Lewis and Levy.

The new stadium means we'll be a very salable product but i see little ambition to want to compete at the top level. I doubt Bale does either but i do think he likes working with this manager and AVB should take huge credit for the way he has improved Bale as an all round player.

I'd also be concerned that the likes of Vertonghen and Lloris will also be looking at the clubs ambitions.

Its difficult to see where the money is coming from for new players barring a sale of Bale.

The stadium has to be funded somehow is the bottom line and Lewis aint gonna do it out of his own pocket.

If we get CL then I reckon Bale will be around next season....if not then who knows?

Jesus , the beeb were saying we signed villa and ardiles 35 years ago! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW

Anyone else go to their 1st game at the lane ?

Yes and the first game of the season at Forest, roasting hot and couldn't get a drink in the ground !

you went wow, good day,,, for a promoted team to go to the champions and get a point was great,so it looked good for a win against the villa on the wed's? deary deary me, i remember the atmosphere was electric, as ardiles and villa came out the air filled with ticka tape, AMAZING , with a young talented vibrant team 1 div footie was bac at the lane!!!!!!! then villa ripped us to f-----ckin shreds!! lol think it was 4 1 ? gary shaw, what a shame england never had the opp to use him, WHAT A PLAYER, totally ruining a fairy tale night and gave us a short sharp reality check whistling.gif Saying that bout the villa , think it was that season? saw liverpool draw 1-1 or 0-0 at the lane and i've never witnessed such a one sided game, 0-0 game, i honestly reckon that liverpool team was/is up there with the best !!!! defo imo up there with the barca's of 2ish years ago.

l

yeah i know what you mean bout bale, TBH, i thought it was generally accepted that if we got champs league, he' d stay if not,

as it now looks then he'd go. As he's under a reasonably long contract, we've got some say in it, personally ide prefer madrid

but if there were no other option, maybe make it double expensive for him to go to ,, utd,?? i would think would be the

only one, tbh cant see him fitting in at the way the chavs way they are setting the team up. Dont really like players in

exchange, but,,, maybe it would be better then ALL the wedge disappearing into the new stadium fund!!!!! but who would you

want from utd? I'de go Nani, i know he's not been producing in the last 1 & half 2 ish seasons, but b4 that he was abso'

outstanding, top 2/3 players in the prem, scoring for fun and ripping teams 2 shreds week in week out, he's still only 26 time 4

we/vb 2 get him bac to that?, and maybe still earn in future deals? well MAYBE JUST MAYBE the blow of losing bale might not be so

bad???? its a risk, but there we go.

Oh and, if anyway possible, i'de have a sniff at Marin over at the chav's, HUGELY talented and even when fit hardly got on the bench.would/could give us that missing 'modric' sparkle around the edge of the box..