Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I think this transfer window coming up will give an definite indication of what Levy wants from Spurs. If Bale goes I feel for the foreseeable future you will be looking as CL qualification as a success story. If he stays and you can sign a good striker, a positive marker will be set. It would be a shame to make a step backwards.

As stated above Spurs were the first team I went to see, so I would quite like them to keep Bale and mix it with the big boys more often.

• Like 1

I think this transfer window coming up will give an definite indication of what Levy wants from Spurs. If Bale goes I feel for the foreseeable future you will be looking as CL qualification as a success story.

HELLO reality check here,even when we deserve it we don't always get it!!! but for us, qualifying 4 the champions league has always been regarded a 'success' bung in the 'story line' if you like , cos with us there's nearly always one biggrin.png

Sgning that striker depends largely upon CL qualification.

A vicious circle nowadays unfortunately.....unless you pay well over the odds on wages.

over the odd's on wages, how does that work? we cant afford to compete with regular champions league clubs, but then the likes of fulham wb norwich ect ect cant compete with us,? so,,,,,,

Edited by rijit

The best strikers want the best competitions.....or the best wages.

You want to buy a striker from Norwich rij??

Surely it depends on the player not the club ? following that train you wouldnt have benteke or remy , cos there's at clubs that are smallish and or struggling?

The best strikers want the best competitions.....or the best wages.

You want to buy a striker from Norwich rij??

Surely it depends on the player not the club ? following that train you wouldnt have benteke or remy , cos there's at clubs that are smallish and or struggling?

Of course that's not what I'm saying at all.

I'd take a 30 goal a season striker from anywhere.

I'd take Suarez all day long thanks.

He would be great at Spur

Would he? , actually thought liverpool looked a stronger more varied TEAM without him the other night, And don't 4get his wages are reported 2 be out of our structure and you'd need an extra striker to cover him whilst he's on his seasonal average BAN of ,WHAT ?? 12 games out!!!!!!, not a good move 4 us imo, best he offs to spain, where he wont have to deal quite so much with the physical pressure he so often reacts 2 here.

Would he? , actually thought liverpool looked a stronger more varied TEAM without him the other night, And don't 4get his wages are reported 2 be out of our structure and you'd need an extra striker to cover him whilst he's on his seasonal average BAN of ,WHAT ?? 12 games out!!!!!!, not a good move 4 us imo, best he offs to spain, where he wont have to deal quite so much with the physical pressure he so often reacts 2 here.

He's not going anywhere anyway rij. Pie in the sky....

Well come off it they couldn't. 5555 even if thu Sokol bale for 40 mil they would still be shy at least 10/15mil.

When Suarez does leave he will go to a proven team already established, not a top 4 fringe not to mention 1 man team. And before anyone says we are a one man team look at our result on the weekend. 555

Spurs could never afford him.

biggrin.png

You say he;s not going anywhere smokes,,, of that i'm not so sure, Rodgers said he's not let anyone down but then

he comes out and says he's not met the standard of behavior Liverpool

expects?????over 50 games as much as he a good player he's also a proven liability,

tbh i reckon Rodgers could well be balancing it out, and getting

rid,wouldn't it almost lay a fergie type marker down ??!!! Suarez

carried them earlier in the season, but rodgers has started to bring

quality in and is he quite so essential now ?? with the trans wedge 4

sure

he could quickly finish putting his team together, without it ???

Me, I reckon he's gone, but there you go. Anyway 4 sure he wont be

coming to us biggrin.png

Edited by rijit

You don't get rid of your best player. And when did Fergie ever do that? Cantona? Keane? No chance.

Rubbish talk from people who just want to see him go as they loathe not being able to have him. Who cares if he is a liability. Who was that guy Keane tackled who he later admitted in his book he tried to end his career. Cantona attacked a fan. Does Branislav Ivanovic still have his arm in 1 piece?

This whole thing has been a mountain out of a molehill. The player was silly to do it in the first place but the English fa and media have once again shown how incompetent they really are

You don't get rid of your best player. And when did Fergie ever do that?

Actually SAF has done exactly that in the past, and on more than one occasion.

beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Stam and Keane for example. And even in the early days, when he was still building man U, he sold one of his best players at the time in Paul MaGrath because of off field problems.

Spurs could never afford him.

biggrin.png

Me, I reckon he's gone, but there you go. Anyway 4 sure he wont be

coming to us biggrin.png

I reckon he's heading for Germany, he can munch away on all that Pigs Knuckle. wink.png

beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Stam and Keane for example. And even in the early days, when he was still building man U, he sold one of his best players at the time in Paul MaGrath because of off field problems.

Fergie let Ronaldo go. Yes for a load of money but ultimately he had little choice with a player that wanted to play for another club. All he could do. which he did very well i might add, was get a very good deal for Utd but the point is, you cannot hang onto a player that has their mind set on leaving. They become divisive in the dressing room

Fergie let Ronaldo go. Yes for a load of money but ultimately he had little choice with a player that wanted to play for another club. All he could do. which he did very well i might add, was get a very good deal for Utd but the point is, you cannot hang onto a player that has their mind set on leaving. They become divisive in the dressing room

Spot on, if they don't want to stay and play move them on, no player is bigger than the club.

Which is why I didn't mention Ronaldo.

Wellred was suggesting 'You don't get rid of your best player' for discipline reasons and asked 'when did Fergie ever do that?'.

I was just pointing out (some of) the players that SAF has chosen to get rid of when they were established star players that were generally at their peak (and some might say vital to the club in playing terms) at the time. Rightly or wrongly he got rid for non football reasons to maintain harmony and disiplinary standards within the football club. In those cases their football ability was of secondary importance to him.

On the bright side, I think Bale is on the "top three players outside Spain" list (Lewandowski and Neymar being the others), and both Barca and Real will be gagging for new blood after their Champions league exits - especially Barca, since the President (or whoever is standing against him) will be promising big signings to quell the Catalan anger. That should push the price up.

Who was that guy Keane tackled who he later admitted in his book he tried to end his career.

Alf-Inge Håland

Firstly I have got to say I would never agree with the retaliation meted out by Roy Keane. It was totally wrong.

Secondly Roy keane DID NOT end Alf-Inge Håland's career as your caption says. Håland's career was ended by an injury to the other leg and had absolutely nothing to do with the Roy Keane's tackle.

Thirdly why does nobody ever mention the original tackle meted out by Alf-Inge Håland on Roy Keane in 1997 (plus the way he taunted Keane about it while he was on the ground injured) when Håland was playing for Leeds. That tackle ruptured Keane's cruciate ligament, caused him to be out of the game for almost a year and nearly ended his career. That's where the bad blood between the two really started, although there were probably minor incidents between them before that.

As I said I would never condone what Keane did, but if you want to quote it please tell the whole story instead of trying to just earn brownie points.wai2.gif

• Like 1

Maybe Alf-Inge Håland is confusing who he'd like to blame for his retirement instead of the facts.

''The challenge took place on April 21st 2001, after a midday kick off. No doubt Haaland was in a great deal of pain and no doubt the replays show a player who would lucky to play the game again. However, just four days after the incident, Haaland played for Norway against Bulgaria, and was subbed at half time. Three days after this, so the following Premiership weekend after derby day, Haaland started for City against West Ham at Maine Road, in a 1-0 victory, courtesy of an own goal.

Haaland himself has admitted that it was an injury to his other knee which caused him to call it a day on his career, after Haaland played just a further four games for City in the following season, after the blues had been relegated''

since the initial incident Haaland has claimed on his personal website the tackle did not cause his long injury lay-off.

So, after Keane had tried to damage his RIGHT knee just four days later he was fit enough to play in an International game plus play in another premiership game just three days after that. . He was also fit enough to start the following season and played in four further games before calling it a day because of an injury to his LEFT knee.

Now unless his left knee was damaged by having to stand on it for three days before that Norway/Bulgaria match while he rested that right knee I don't think Roy Keane's tackle can be a major cause of his retirement.......................unless of course retirement was a better option than the thought of facing another Roy Keane tackle that following season.

Oh, no he wouldn't have faced Keane that year would he..................Man C were relegated. Must have been standing on his left leg for three whole days that did the damage thenwai2.gif

Edited by sumrit

Lennon should hopefully return today. Three points is an absolute must.

Will set us up well for the midweek decider. They play tomorrow which can only be to our benefit.....three games in a week for them as well.

Just gotta keep on winning now the end is in sight.

COYS!!!!

tumblr_lxqia8UEVh1qmkwz4.gif