Tottenham Thread

chonabot

or backwards thinking arab, that's bored and wants to use the league as a personal plaything.

Could you elaborate as to why he is backward thinking an why you think he is bored.

Where would you like me to begin?

Why aren't you watching your beloved Irons Carms darling.

or backwards thinking arab, that's bored and wants to use the league as a personal plaything.

Could you elaborate as to why he is backward thinking an why you think he is bored.

Where would you like me to begin?

Anywhere will do Carms, probably don't bother with the bored bit cos he is so busy he is anything but bored. So just something on the backward thinking bit for me to rebuff.

I thought that was obvious. It's because he sees his company as something to invest in, not bleed dry. C'mon MrB, keep up. :-)

Forgive my naivety mjj tongue.png

Spurs are on the verge of getting £90 mil for a single player and their supporters moan about money dominating the EPL.

Whatever the fine details of the numbers, Spurs have spent considerably this window in order to give themselves a chance of CL football.

Arsenal and Man U have spent sweet f a. Not through the want of trying eh?

Net of approx 35m, thats considerably is it ?

If Chelsea hadn't done you a favour with Willian it would be 30 mil more.

Plus Lamela? Or have you given up on buying more players?

You didn't answer my question biggrin.png

Not according to this.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Gross spend £60m, sold £23m, net £37m.

Where do you get your figures from?

Read My post, i said since AVB came smile.png

Hmmmm, I dunno the exact date of AVB's arrival, but your net spend last year was just under £5m, so that makes £42m.

July – August 2012 Corluka

£35,000.00

Bassong

£30,000.00

Pienaar

£50,000.00

Krancjar

£30,000.00

Modric

£50,000.00

King

£70,000.00

Nelson

£40,000.00

Saha

£60,000.00

Van Der Vaart

£70,000.00

Dos Santos

£35,000.00

Total

£470,000.00

Purchases Lloris

£50,000.00

Dembele

£50,000.00

Vertonghen

£60,000.00

Sigurdsson

£40,000.00

Adebeyor

£90,000.00

Dempsey

£60,000.00

Total

£350,000.00

Balance

Is that ok ?

Alfie, you are as mad as a bucket of frogs. :-D

I guess Chelsea haven't spent a lot either as big earners have left (Drogba, Malouda, Bosingwa, Kalou, etc) plus the reduced Lampard wages, I guess our net spend is 2 shillings and 6.

I guess Chelsea haven't spent a lot either as big earners have left (Drogba, Malouda, Bosingwa, Kalou, etc) plus the reduced Lampard wages, I guess our net spend is 2 shillings and 6.

Please don't waffle....just stick to the facts.

Please don't waffle....just stick to the facts.

Where would the fun be in that. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story biggrin.png

• Like 1

perhaps they both come from his other 'playthings' appalling human rights record

I need to be enlightened, what appalling human rights record rij?

perhaps they both come from his other 'playthings' appalling human rights record

Didn't know you were such an authority on Middle East affairs rijit. Our owner is the deputy PM which is a totally different thing to what it means in the UK. He is basically in charge of judges. He hasn't gone and invaded other countries and tortured their citizens but I don't hear you calling Blair, Cameron etc etc

Saudi is far more strict than Abu Dhabi but all my Saudi mates don't feel their human rights are being violated. If you commit a crime however, that is a different story. Without going too deep, the belief is basically an "eye for an eye" which in some ways is better than what the West does. But obviously Human Rights don't like that and that is why the likes of Abu Hamza, illegal immigrants and criminals etc get it easy in the UK. Believe me, prisoners here don't get SkyTV and 3 square meals a day.

• Like 2

Didn't know you were such an authority on Middle East affairs rijit. Our owner is the deputy PM which is a totally different thing to what it means in the UK. He is basically in charge of judges. He hasn't gone and invaded other countries and tortured their citizens but I don't hear you calling Blair, Cameron etc etc

Saudi is far more strict than Abu Dhabi but all my Saudi mates don't feel their human rights are being violated. If you commit a crime however, that is a different story. Without going too deep, the belief is basically an "eye for an eye" which in some ways is better than what the West does. But obviously Human Rights don't like that and that is why the likes of Abu Hamza, illegal immigrants and criminals etc get it easy in the UK. Believe me, prisoners here don't get SkyTV and 3 square meals a day.

'my mates dont feel their human rights are being violated, cheesy.gif when a crime is ALLEGED to have been committed thats when you need basic human rights and your arab mob don't adhere to that.

Bo without wanting to get into a political debate read this http://www.hrw.org/news/2013/07/03/uae-unfair-trial-unjust-sentences

i was reading today that center back target Vlad Chiriches, and Erik Lamela both have the same agent. If Madrids little stage is anything to go by these two should be in the bag by tuesday as will all our transfer dealing, if we include a Madrid player.

Can't see any changes for the Swansea game but i really hope that Townsend gets the nod over Lennon. Capoue should remain in Sandro's absence and Vertonghen to partner Kaboul in the center of defense

Edited by carmine

'my mates dont feel their human rights are being violated, cheesy.gif when a crime is ALLEGED to have been committed thats when you need basic human rights and your arab mob don't adhere to that.

Bo without wanting to get into a political debate read this http://www.hrw.org/news/2013/07/03/uae-unfair-trial-unjust-sentences

rijit, I'm not saying everything that goes on is right but looking at that article and the alleged violation of human rights, it doesn't seem any worse to what went on at Guantanamo. This particular instance is associated with a group trying to overthrow the country's political system, with what is happening in Syria and Egypt it's any surprise they are nipping it in the bud quickly.

If you want to carry on this debate, I'm happy to open a new topic "Football Club Owners and Human Rights" if you like.

'my mates dont feel their human rights are being violated, Posted Image when a crime is ALLEGED to have been committed thats when you need basic human rights and your arab mob don't adhere to that.

rijit, I'm not saying everything that goes on is right but looking at that article and the alleged violation of human rights, it doesn't seem any worse to what went on at Guantanamo. This particular instance is associated with a group trying to overthrow the country's political system, with what is happening in Syria and Egypt it's any surprise they are nipping it in the bud quickly.

If you want to carry on this debate, I'm happy to open a new topic "Football Club Owners and Human Rights" if you like.

Hmmmmmm what about the systematic abuse of domestic staff who are imported (one might argue trafficked) from predominantly SE Asia to a large number of Arab nations. The abuse at best is imprisonment behind Villa or Compound walls, to beatings and deprivation of basic human needs, and at worst systematic rape by family members, usually adolescent sons, leading to disappearance, if said maid dares to attempt to report the crime. This is more prevalent in KSA but happens all over. Then there is the real intended trafficking of these domestic staff; the cute young ones (male & female), who are openly sold between friends at desert parties out at 'the farm'. Not saying this is connected directly to esteemed owners of our FC, but, is well known, tolerated, and most likely participated in at some point.

No links to provide, just sharing what I have witnessed over a period of 7 years living and working over there. (KSA, Syria, Bahrain, Lebanon, Egypt). There's much more to add, but this place is for footy!

i was reading today that center back target Vlad Chiriches, and Erik Lamela both have the same agent. If Madrids little stage is anything to go by these two should be in the bag by tuesday as will all our transfer dealing, if we include a Madrid player.

Can't see any changes for the Swansea game but i really hope that Townsend gets the nod over Lennon. Capoue should remain in Sandro's absence and Vertonghen to partner Kaboul in the center of defense

You mean no changes to the Palace game?

For me.

Loris

Walker. Kaboul. Vertonghen. Rose

Paulinho. Capoue. Dembele.

Townsend. Soldado. Chadli.

Hope they are all fit. Beyond my widest dreams Gareth to start instead of Chadli. Yeah yeah yeah!

You mean no changes to the Palace game?

For me.

Loris

Walker. Kaboul. Vertonghen. Rose

Paulinho. Capoue. Dembele.

Townsend. Soldado. Chadli.

Hope they are all fit. Beyond my widest dreams Gareth to start instead of Chadli. Yeah yeah yeah!

Thats the same team i named Ian but i think he'll work it in a 4231 using Dembele in a behind Soldado.

Dunno about Madrid (yet), but one thing all Spurs fans I am sure will agree with is that we conclude all outstanding business in the next couple of days so we can concentrate on the gooners next weekend.

Vlad & Erik having the same agent on the face of it sounds ideal for a speedy conclusion to business. Hope Lamela especially will be in and available for the Emirates.

I know 99.99% of the world are certain Bale has gone to RM, but it just doesn't make sense to me. By letting him move we will be assisting our closest adversaries in their final days of the window..... they might get good players as a result. Why would we do that? If the reported transfer 'chains' are true, surely we should keep him and screw over the opposition; now that not only makes sense but would be rather 'special'.

I know 99.99% of the world are certain Bale has gone to RM, but it just doesn't make sense to me. By letting him move we will be assisting our closest adversaries in their final days of the window..... they might get good players as a result. Why would we do that? If the reported transfer 'chains' are true, surely we should keep him and screw over the opposition; now that not only makes sense but would be rather 'special'.

What makes you think that he will go before the final day? Some posy stage set up at the Bernabeu! Perez isn't due any favours and i doubt he'll get any. He'll go when we say so, not when Perez says and not when the british media say.

TBH i can't see it affecting things much. Arsenal will end up with Cabaye and they're welcome to him. Chelsea will steamroll anything regardless and Utd will carry on ineptly and end up with an overpriced belgium fur ball.

That's just it, no one really knows when. I still hope it will be next Summer. I thought there were a lot of other 'media' reported names in the 'chain'. Perhaps I am out of date. What about Benzema? Wenger is reportedly playing a waiting game for him, irrespective of what the agent has said. And will Ronaldo stay in Spain, or back to Man Utd? One thing is for sure RM will need to recoup some pesetas somehow. I am sure the chain is quite complex in reality.