Tottenham Thread

chonabot

If the judge in the Torres case is a lesbian, he's in for a stiff one.

The fact that Vertonghen is a diver may well be overlooked.

Stay on your feet you silly little tart.

What are you on about ? they are looking at the gouging incident and nothing to do with the later incident, like i said before if he'd been sent off like he should have, then the later incident would never occurred.

Footnote : usually SP you talk sense but in this case your talking a load of <deleted> whistling.gif

Thanks Alfie.

Torres was provoked by Vertonghen all afternoon.

Torres will get the rap.

provoking is fine and just part of the game. torres got mugged by a smart centre back and fell for it. now has to take his medicine for reacting the wrong way. if he was smarter he might have got vertonghen sent off and won the game for his team. but he isn't that smart these days.

He's dumb as a bag of hammers.

No more incidents because Torres is off the pitch.

Really, so nothing should be looked at after that event?

No, well certainly not by me as i missed 20mins of the half biggrin.png

So how you going on this one mjj ? so what did you think of Oscar and Hazard ?

And now the fighting can begin. :-)

My take.

Torres shouldn't have been sent off. Second half Chelsea looked the better team until the Torres incident. Eriksen was nothing special, but I liked the look of Dembele and Lloris is a quality keeper. Soldado was anonymous. Torres looked much better, Mata changes Chelsea's attacking threat massively and was also quite defensive today.

Overall I can't complain with a draw after we were down to 10 men and away from home.

How about making a comparison with Oscar and Hazard who played in the same position !

Alfie a.k.a. The King of deflection and not making any footballing comment, only the bitching.

Oscar and Hazard didnt play in the same position.

Torres let his side down by being unprofessional end of story .....now can we move on and talk about Spurs in Europe please.

You can't be offside from a corner.

You can be offside from a corner.

Torres let his side down by being unprofessional end of story .....now can we move on and talk about Spurs in Europe please.

someone should tell the FA.

According to the FA rules an offence which was not seen by Match Officials, but caught on video (serious foul play, violent conduct, spitting at an opponent or any other person, offensive, insulting or abusive language or gestures) will ordinarily be charged by 6pm on a Tuesday (after a Saturday or Sunday game). So we should know the extent of the charge soon (or otherwise).

In the charge the FA will indicate if the standard punishment will apply, or, where the offence is deemed more serious that an increased punishment might be considered. The accused player has 24 hrs to respond with submissions. Ordinarily the commission will consider the submissions and the evidence on the Thursday.

Of the seven criterion listed for increasing the punishment I can see four of them applicable to this particular incident, and, no doubt the FA will remember very well that this is not the first gouging attempt by Torres. See below.

I think Torres made a deliberate calculated attempt to rile and provoke Jan to such an extent that punches could easily have been thrown in self defence, resulting in the wrong person being sent off.

I hope the FA make a similar example of Torres as they did with Suarez.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/Files/TheFAPortal/governance-docs/rules-of-the-association/2013-14/disciplinary-procedures---schedule-a_b_c.ashx

I think people misunderstand poor Fernando...

img_65.jpg

Edited by Chicog

Can you expand on the possible circumstances that you believe an off-side would be called from the single kick of a corner kick dead ball?

My take.

Torres shouldn't have been sent off. Second half Chelsea looked the better team until the Torres incident. Eriksen was nothing special, but I liked the look of Dembele and Lloris is a quality keeper. Soldado was anonymous. Torres looked much better, Mata changes Chelsea's attacking threat massively and was also quite defensive today.

Overall I can't complain with a draw after we were down to 10 men and away from home.

How about making a comparison with Oscar and Hazard who played in the same position !

Alfie a.k.a. The King of deflection and not making any footballing comment, only the bitching.

Has it really taken you 3 days to come up with

Oscar started out as the centre of the attacking 3 midfielders and changed round at half time with Hazard, either way they are both attacking midfield players the same as Erikson ! mjj you really do make yourself look dumber by the minute, why don't you go away so you don't look even more of a muppet !

Adebayor is reportedly back with the main squad for training. This is really positive news; we are allowed 25 and all 25 should be fit and available. It at least illustrates that he has worked hard to get back into shape, and it gives us another dimension off the bench if he can get back to his best.

Turning to Thursday night. Anzhi have played 11 without a win, drawn 6 and lost 5. A paltry 6 points from a possible 33. They have managed 11 goals, but conceded 18 indicating a defence in dire need of a change in fortunes. They sit bottom of the Russian league. Really hoping some of the likes of Sandro, Kaboul, Capoue, Lennon, Rose and perhaps even Adebayor get a run out if at all possible. In AVB we trust. COYS

Edited by iancnx

Can you expand on the possible circumstances that you believe an off-side would be called from the single kick of a corner kick dead ball?

Yes. If RVP put it in the net after the ball had whistled past Fellaini's barnet.

My take.

Oscar started out as the centre of the attacking 3 midfielders and changed round at half time with Hazard, either way they are both attacking midfield players the same as Erikson ! mjj you really do make yourself look dumber by the minute, why don't you go away so you don't look even more of a muppet !

Mata came on for Mikel, which made Oscar drop back a bit, so he was essentially part of the CM. Or are you suggesting we went with 4 AM????? They were never in the same position.

I really can't see why you want to respond to my posts because all you do is bitch. Do us both a favour and ignore my posts and I will ignore yours........................cue witty (?) reply.

If Chelsea had a corner and Soldado was the nearest man to Cech, he would be in an offside position. Yes?

If Chelsea had a corner and Soldado was the nearest man to Cech, he would be in an offside position. Yes?

Ahhhh I see where you are coming from. Well Soldado would only be offside if he was deemed to be interfering with play, at the same time as Chelsea take the corner... I mean at the actual split second same time as the kick the dead ball, which of course is impossible, so I don't see the scenario outlined as being feasible. If Dawson cleared the ball from the corner kick, and it went as far as Soldado, and Soldado then made contact with that clearance, then yes possibly offside. But that is two touches of the ball since the corner. So NOT offside from the corner..... Innit.

According to the FA rules an offence which was not seen by Match Officials, but caught on video (serious foul play, violent conduct, spitting at an opponent or any other person, offensive, insulting or abusive language or gestures) will ordinarily be charged by 6pm on a Tuesday (after a Saturday or Sunday game). So we should know the extent of the charge soon (or otherwise).

In the charge the FA will indicate if the standard punishment will apply, or, where the offence is deemed more serious that an increased punishment might be considered. The accused player has 24 hrs to respond with submissions. Ordinarily the commission will consider the submissions and the evidence on the Thursday.

Of the seven criterion listed for increasing the punishment I can see four of them applicable to this particular incident, and, no doubt the FA will remember very well that this is not the first gouging attempt by Torres. See below.

I think Torres made a deliberate calculated attempt to rile and provoke Jan to such an extent that punches could easily have been thrown in self defence, resulting in the wrong person being sent off.

I hope the FA make a similar example of Torres as they did with Suarez.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/Files/TheFAPortal/governance-docs/rules-of-the-association/2013-14/disciplinary-procedures---schedule-a_b_c.ashx

A serial scratcher ! A vile diagnosis that confirms my suspicions. Probably a bed wetter and a torturer of cats as well.1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif

• Like 1

Looks like Soldado is having trouble at the moment interfering with play.

Maybe AVB will give Lamela a run out at Anzhi Makaukelele.

Will be interesting to see what he does....Soldado needs an easy game or two and some goals to fire him up.

Will be interesting to see what he does....Soldado needs an easy game or two and some goals to fire him up.

Right & when do you reckon an easy game or two will happen?I was under the impression that levy had bought the finished article ,hasn't Soldado received the golden boot already,I heard the spurs insisted on it!!

Mata came on for Mikel, which made Oscar drop back a bit, so he was essentially part of the CM. Or are you suggesting we went with 4 AM????? They were never in the same position.

I really can't see why you want to respond to my posts because all you do is bitch. Do us both a favour and ignore my posts and I will ignore yours........................cue witty (?) reply.

I said compare Erikson with Oscar or Hazard, Oscar played centre att mid in the first half, Hazard played centre attacking mid in the second half, well so the commentator said, so are you going to compare or not ?

Being offside and being in an offside position is not the same, how can a player be offside when the opposing team is taking a corner ? you try to be clever mjj and make yourself look even more of a dick clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I will never ignore your posts mjj, i like them too much biggrin.png

Carms is not going to be happy sad.png especially when we only offer thirty bob for him biggrin.png

Tottenham are reportedly lining up a bid for Leyton Orient winger Moses Odubajo during the January transfer window having seen his potential at the unbeaten League One leaders.

Edited by alfieconn

West Ham .....

If he can't score against West Ham with the form they're in, I'd start worrying.