Tottenham Thread

chonabot

What is there for you to laugh about?.....a good START to a season lol!!

No wonder the Spurs boys treat you with contempt is it really.

Look at our record against Spurs mate and if that what lording it up over us then AGAIN you are talking <deleted> facepalm.gif

Look at our record against Spurs mate and if that what lording it up over us then AGAIN you are talking <deleted> facepalm.gif

Is it really important how your results went against us in the past when comparing the present? No its not is it, its irrelevant!! You couldn't manage more than a point against us last season either. You also conveniently forget the times we were robbed of a point or victory due to bad refereeing decisions by that bloke in black, your twelfth man although i doubt the refs will be such an asset from now onwink.png

Its rather unlikely you'll get more than a point against this season either.

Is it really important how your results went against us in the past when comparing the present? No its not is it, its irrelevant!! You couldn't manage more than a point against us last season either. You also conveniently forget the times we were robbed of a point or victory due to bad refereeing decisions by that bloke in black, your twelfth man although i doubt the refs will be such an asset from now onwink.png

clap2.gif reread your first sentence,and then you go on to talk about the past season and bad decisions rolleyes.gif This season is no problem as you cant score in the Premier League.

clap2.gif reread your first sentence,and then you go on to talk about the past season and bad decisions rolleyes.gif This season is no problem as you cant score in the Premier League.

Well then being second in the league is quite an achievement isn't it.

I don't think you really understood my first sentence so i'll leave that one

PREMIER LEAGUE 2013-2014 - TOP SCORERS

Pos. Player Goals Team

1 Daniel Sturridge 5 Liverpool

2 Aaron Ramsey 4 Arsenal

2 Christian Benteke 4 Aston Villa

2 Olivier Giroud 4 Arsenal

2 Yaya Touré 4 Manchester City

6 Sergio Agüero 3 Manchester City

6 Loïc Rémy 3 Newcastle United

6 Wayne Rooney 3 Manchester United

6 Robin van Persie 3 Manchester United

6 Gylfi Sigurdsson 3 Tottenham Hotspur

6 Romelu Lukaku 3 Everton

6 Robert Brady 3 Hull City

13 Ben Davies 2 Swansea City

13 Ross Barkley 2 Everton

13 Hatem Ben Arfa 2 Newcastle United

13 Rickie Lambert 2 Southampton

13 Oscar 2 Chelsea

13 Michu 2 Swansea City

13 Emanuele Giaccherini 2 Sunderland

13 Luis Suarez 2 Liverpool

13 Álvaro Negredo 2 Manchester City

13 Fraizer Campbell 2 Cardiff City

13 Samir Nasri 2 Manchester City

13 Morgan Amalfitano 2 West Bromwich Albion

13 Roberto Soldado 2 Tottenham Hotspur

13 Leighton Baines 2 Everton

13 Lukas Podolski 2 Arsenal

13 Edin Dzeko 2 Manchester City

13 Danny Welbeck 2 Manchester United

30 Jordan Mutch 1 Cardiff

Etc

Early days. Fancy Suarez and Lukaku giving RVP a run for the boot though.

When did you last finish second in the league?

Or do you think it is an achievement to be second after six games? if you do then great wink.png

1962/63.

Bring back Clive Allen i say,he'd convert the chances that aren't being created for Soldado.

Is the game in Moscow tomorrow night being shown over here?

It's an 11pm KO Thai time

I think it is on ITV4, which is covered on 'expat tv'. You can get a free trial and watch it on-line. I have the expat TV box + subscription for a year which lets you watch UK programmes shown over the past 7 days. Good for late footy as I watch it next morning when I wake up. So I get match of the day also and and the championship. Not sure about FA cup yet?

There are other options which fellow footy watchers subscribe to. 365? Is one but I have never used it.

Thanks Ian but do you know if it's being shown on any of the channels that show over here. I fancy a few late beers out to watch it.

Bump.

With the amount of ruskies about nowadays

Does anybody know if any local channels are showing tonight's game in Moscow?

SJ

Sorry mate, I can't help.

But if it's any consolation, a mate of mine flew to Russia thinking they were playing at Anzhi's home ground.

Mind you he is called Tony Hancock.

Enjoy live or replay. Spurs to win, Lamela to play a blinder.

That will do nicely in my book carmine.

Enjoy.

I hope so but i find those betting odds strange. Away to Anzi and 2/1 on!

Lets hope you are right about the Lamela inpact. The lads been widely touted as the new Messi in Argentina. Ardiles reckons he's going to be the real deal and i think, as he did with Lloris, AVB's going to make him earn that spot on the right and Townsend isn't making it easy for him.

Think you might be right about him tonight because he needs to use this one to make an impression. The lad oozes class.

Holtby and Dembele are in decent form and should provide opportunities for JD.

Fans were rather upset that Lamela didn't come on against Chelsea and equally so that Sandro didn't appear in the second half to show more fight in the midfield so he has need of a decent game too.

This side is well balanced to me and should do the job but won't be as easy as some seem to think

• Like 1

Lamela is a nice player Carmine but still young. The EPL will be a learning experience and I think he has great potential. I've followed Lamela since he was an attacking midfielder with River Plate. He was a bit more of a forward with Roma. I think he'll come good but it might not be overnight. If Spurs are expecting Messi, we both know that ain't gonna happen.

• Like 1

Lamela is a nice player Carmine but still young. The EPL will be a learning experience and I think he has great potential. I've followed Lamela since he was an attacking midfielder with River Plate. He was a bit more of a forward with Roma. I think he'll come good but it might not be overnight. If Spurs are expecting Messi, we both know that ain't gonna happen.

I think all were expecting is a very good player that lives up to his price tag. If so we'll be lucky. As to how good he'll be depends on a number of factors as you know but the potentials there to be world class apparently so that'll do fine for now.

We still don't know whether he has the Bale work ethic for example. One of the reason Bale's kicked on in such a way is by getting the maximum out of his potential by sheer hard work. Maybe Michael Dawson should be partnered up as a traveling partner and role model!! Has to be the hardest working pro in our squad