Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Not that I'm suggesting that the 'will he stay on/will he go off' drama with Lloris was by any means a tactical diversion, but it certainly took the sting out of the Everton onslaught. Hence the booing and general pissiness from the Everton fans for the rest of the match.

And he made some sweet saves thereafter with a nice chunk of possesion from our lot to boot.

I just wish Soldado was a little more awake yesterday...

ps I'll probably regret posting this biggrin.png

i thought the Everton fans let themselves down. Its not as if he was play acting as the swift acknowledgment of contact and apology from Lukaku showed.

This is the Spurs thread and you can say what you want!biggrin.png

• Like 1

Look there is no denying that we played some terrific football under Redknapp. It was great to watch. AVB's style is very different and is never going to be as fast and fun to watch as we were three years ago. AVB's game is based on results. High line, hold possession, press high up, quick short passing, look for openings. Its a different style to Redknapps and not as exciting to watch. But, when certain players build up an understanding that they are working on and other players settle were going to become a very efficient machine thats going to be tight at the back and very clinical up top.

I'm a big fan of AVB because i've seen us play some lovely football over the years and then get rolled over. Now i want a team that wins something and thats the route AVB is taking us down. And frankly, i wish all those idiots that were booing should have their season tickets confiscated, money refunded and told to do one.

I wouldn't boo if I were a supporter, you need to get behind the manager even if he's made some dodgy signings.

I agree that you will be extremely tight at the back, but clinical up top? Which clinicians or what did you have in mind?

Soldado used to be until he came to play for us!! Just for the record i too thought he was very poor yesterday and didn't look that interested. Am i alone in thinking he should have been on the end of that cross from the right in the second half? Instead he was pouncing about in no man's land.

The two selections that i am most unhappy about is Lennon playing on the left, and at all for that matter and Holtby starting over Eriksen. The understanding between Soldado and Eriksen is key to us. I would also try out Townsend on the left and give Lamela a crack on his chosen right wing position. We'd have the speed of Rose and Townsend left, Walker down the right when Lamela cuts in.

I haven't seen him enough to know for sure, but I presume Lamela is right footed. If so, it wouldn't hurt giving him a crack on the left and see if he can cut in and do some damage.

lamela plays as an inverted winger on the right. Two footed player. Townsend is likewise but i'd like to give lamela every chance to improve so let him play in his desired position. Doubt Townsend would mind. He's in form and happy.

Edited by carmine

An 'inverted winger'.......geez, I feel old, I still say a winger who cuts in.sad.png

Has the statistic bloke noted how many times he kicks with either foot yet?

Assists, shots, completed, incomplete, tackles etc,.......yet to have interceptions and touchdowns.

Next step designated punters ( not the Ladbrokes variety)

Look there is no denying that we played some terrific football under Redknapp. It was great to watch. AVB's style is very different and is never going to be as fast and fun to watch as we were three years ago. AVB's game is based on results. High line, hold possession, press high up, quick short passing, look for openings. Its a different style to Redknapps and not as exciting to watch. But, when certain players build up an understanding that they are working on and other players settle were going to become a very efficient machine thats going to be tight at the back and very clinical up top.

I'm a big fan of AVB because i've seen us play some lovely football over the years and then get rolled over. Now i want a team that wins something and thats the route AVB is taking us down. And frankly, i wish all those idiots that were booing should have their season tickets confiscated, money refunded and told to do one.

I wouldn't boo if I were a supporter, you need to get behind the manager even if he's made some dodgy signings.

I agree that you will be extremely tight at the back, but clinical up top? Which clinicians or what did you have in mind?

Soldado used to be until he came to play for us!! Just for the record i too thought he was very poor yesterday and didn't look that interested. Am i alone in thinking he should have been on the end of that cross from the right in the second half? Instead he was pouncing about in no man's land.

The two selections that i am most unhappy about is Lennon playing on the left, and at all for that matter and Holtby starting over Eriksen. The understanding between Soldado and Eriksen is key to us. I would also try out Townsend on the left and give Lamela a crack on his chosen right wing position. We'd have the speed of Rose and Townsend left, Walker down the right when Lamela cuts in.

I haven't seen him enough to know for sure, but I presume Lamela is right footed. If so, it wouldn't hurt giving him a crack on the left and see if he can cut in and do some damage.

Actually Lamela is left footed. So go figure on that one.

He reckons he's two footed but stronger with his left. Maybe others don't agree with his assessment of his natural abilitybiggrin.png

Now in Bale there was a genuinely two footed player, as is supposed to be Townsend.

So if he's stronger with his left why can't he sort of beat men get to the bye line and cross it with his left like Leighton Baines, that's dangerous if of course you have someone in the middle who can get on the end of crosses?

They don't need two 'inverted wingers' on the field do they?

He reckons he's two footed but stronger with his left. Maybe others don't agree with his assessment of his natural abilitybiggrin.png

Now in Bale there was a genuinely two footed player, as is supposed to be Townsend.

So if he's stronger with his left why can't he sort of beat men get to the bye line and cross it with his left like Leighton Baines, that's dangerous if of course you have someone in the middle who can get on the end of crosses?

Its a lovely option when you have such a fast full back as Walker to overlap.

Townsend btw is equally good left or right foot and will run to the line as he did frequently away to Cardiff, or cut in.

Edited by carmine

I'm really doing my best to get Lamela a game. laugh.png

Interestingly enough I've infrequently seen Lamela speed toward the bye line and make crosses. He's much more likely to head to the middle of the pitch, play a one two with someone, or take a shot. This goes back to the fact that in many ways he is cut out to be a playmaker and he is really not a winger at all. He doesn't have winger instincts. I see him more as a Jovetic type, an AM/forward hybrid. To some degree I think this is more of a problem for him now than an advantage. Interestingly enough, it looks like Jovetic is going to need time to adapt his game to the EPL as well.

Edited by jellydog

I'm really doing my best to get Lamela a game. laugh.png

Arn't we all!

AVB can be very stubborn as showed with the time Lloris was made to wait. Still Lamela got two hours the other day. Its frustrating because i think we all want to see just what all the fuss is about. I must admit my frustration has peeked seeing Lennon getting the nod to start.

Interestingly enough I've infrequently seen Lamela speed toward the bye line and make crosses. He's much more likely to head to the middle of the pitch, play a one two with someone, or take a shot. This goes back to the fact that in many ways he is cut out to be a playmaker and he is really not a winger at all. He doesn't have winger instincts. I see him more as a Jovetic type, an AM/forward hybrid. To some degree I think this is more of a problem for him now than an advantage. Interestingly enough, it looks like Jovetic is going to need time to adapt his game to the EPL as well.

I'll tell you what, if he's as good as Ardiles seems to think he can play where he wantbiggrin.png

Not that I'm suggesting that the 'will he stay on/will he go off' drama with Lloris was by any means a tactical diversion, but it certainly took the sting out of the Everton onslaught. Hence the booing and general pissiness from the Everton fans for the rest of the match.

And he made some sweet saves thereafter with a nice chunk of possesion from our lot to boot.

I just wish Soldado was a little more awake yesterday...

ps I'll probably regret posting this biggrin.png

I think Everton were rightly dismayed that the referee gave Lukaku a yellow for what was clearly an accidental collision.

• Like 2

Have to laugh at all these do gooders saying Lloris "should have come off" whats it got to do with anyone apart from Spurs, Lloris and Lloris 's family.

And anyway

Head of Medical Services Wayne Diesel said: "Once the relevant tests and assessments were carried out we were totally satisfied that he was fit to continue playing."

Edited by alfieconn

Thats the problem nowadays ups, generally centre forwards don't get on the end of crosses like they did in the old days, plus generally most teams only play with one forward, so getting too the byeline is non-productive, take Baines figs for Sunday

4) Leighton Baines delivered 11 crosses into the box, but just two found his Everton teammates.

So basicly Baines getting to the byeline and crossing was a waste of time and that was playing with a big centre forward whistling.gif

Have to laugh at all these do gooders saying Lloris "should have come off" whats it got to do with anyone apart from Spurs, Lloris and Lloris 's family

That's all well and good Alfie, but what's it all about ? michael_caine_23103.jpg

Pretty close resemblance that jellybean!

Great movie was "Get Carter" !Posted Image

Originally was called "Get carmine".....but none of ya have managed yet! :D