Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Still giving eh Alfie?clap2.gif Toure, Moses, Cissokho and Aspas were all brought in as squad cover for the 1st XI. Alberto and Ilori for the future. That leaves Mignolet and Sakho who were marked for the 1st team. Unfortunately, Sakho was injured (but he should be fit to beast your shower).

I am well happy with both results and performances this season. How about youbiggrin.png

ps....Who is our mystery 7th signing and how much was he?

Not giving just like the irony of your post

So you bought players in as squad cover but Spurs were all bought to play in the first eleven cheesy.gifcheesy.gif ? strange that as it was always going to be case that only 2 or 3 at max would be playing at any one time and taking into account that 4 were injured with Paulinho not fully fit perhaps that's why none played on Saturday !

Putting aside footy thread BS a minute, we Gunners can never feel too comfortable with a 7 point gap (effectively) and a game at WHL ahead! One of these years our late edging-out trick won't come off! You have to win on Sunday of course.

Anyone know the price on Spurs to get 4th? Not that I would ever gamble as it's illegal (along with a whole host of other things I never dotongue.png)

we only have one fit center back. Rose is also injured. Kaboul suspended. Stand in center back Capoue injured.

Give over Santi please. You should be rubbing your hands in pleasant expectation about this derby and you know it

Still giving eh Alfie?clap2.gif Toure, Moses, Cissokho and Aspas were all brought in as squad cover for the 1st XI. Alberto and Ilori for the future. That leaves Mignolet and Sakho who were marked for the 1st team. Unfortunately, Sakho was injured (but he should be fit to beast your shower).

I am well happy with both results and performances this season. How about youbiggrin.png

So you bought players in as squad cover but Spurs were all bought to play in the first eleven cheesy.gifcheesy.gif ? strange that as it was always going to be case that only 2 or 3 at max would be playing at any one time and taking into account that 4 were injured with Paulinho not fully fit perhaps that's why none played on Saturday !

So a couple of Eriksen, Paulinho, Lamela and Soldaduddo were not destined for the 1st team? You are talking rubbish again Alfie son. How much were you paying? Eight figure fees for each if memory serves me right. Squad players yeh rightclap2.gif

LFC were missing Suarez for 1st part of the season, hence Aspas and Moses, Enrique has had a long term knee problem from last season hence Cissokho, and Carra retired hence Toure on a free.

Try answering questions instead of waffling. Where is this mysterious superstar who we paid a fortune for and yet couldn't get a game against the Saints....or are you just making stuff up again as usualcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Reading Sherwood's comments today you would have to think he's definitely gone. It looks like he is almost challenging Levy to can him. From what many (me included) thought was going to be a promising season with all the new signings is turning into an ugly/silly soap opera.

• Like 1

Putting aside footy thread BS a minute, we Gunners can never feel too comfortable with a 7 point gap (effectively) and a game at WHL ahead! One of these years our late edging-out trick won't come off! You have to win on Sunday of course.

Anyone know the price on Spurs to get 4th? Not that I would ever gamble as it's illegal (along with a whole host of other things I never dotongue.png)

we only have one fit center back. Rose is also injured. Kaboul suspended. Stand in center back Capoue injured.

Give over Santi please. You should be rubbing your hands in pleasant expectation about this derby and you know it

This guy may give you half a chance! Might dampen the Gooners enthusiasm a touchwink.png

_71933403_71933402.jpg

So a couple of Eriksen, Paulinho, Lamela and Soldaduddo were not destined for the 1st team? You are talking rubbish again Alfie son. How much were you paying? Eight figure fees for each if memory serves me right. Squad players yeh rightclap2.gif

LFC were missing Suarez for 1st part of the season, hence Aspas and Moses, Enrique has had a long term knee problem from last season hence Cissokho, and Carra retired hence Toure on a free.

Try answering questions instead of waffling. Where is this mysterious superstar who we paid a fortune for and yet couldn't get a game against the Saints....or are you just making stuff up again as usualcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So a couple of Eriksen, Paulinho, Lamela and Soldaduddo were not destined for the 1st team?

That's what I said " strange that as it was always going to be case that only 2 or 3 at max would be playing at any one time ''

Who said it was a mysterious superstar who you paid a fortune for ? incidently it was Teixeira but my info was wrong !!

Leave it out carmine, it's a derby and only a mug thinks they go to form.

We should be favourites but that means nothing.

Plus we're going into it without at least three first choice players (i.e. good ones, not carlos kickaballs <heh>).

biggrin.png

Oh no - not Atkinson. Internet tells me 5 red cards to us, being two more than any other Prem team. Mind you we used to make some bloody silly mistakes at the back a season or two beforesmile.png .

Two more days recovery time for us (Bayern) than you (Benfica) helps, if you're looking for more bottom of the beer glass perspective Carmine.

feel for Sherwood, like his passion however had to b the champs lge or the chop IMO 4 him, 18 mth contract said it all, it had 12 months in the job and a thank u v much a six month payout all over it , cheap and easy short term fix and carm's ide put up with ari's ugly mug if we could get level of the footie that he played back, Unfortunately on a consistent basis we aint got ANYWHERE near the standard or the entertainment his teams set and gave .U know me i hate to harp bacw00t.gif but Martinez was always the right choice !!!!!!!

Reading Sherwood's comments today you would have to think he's definitely gone. It looks like he is almost challenging Levy to can him. From what many (me included) thought was going to be a promising season with all the new signings is turning into an ugly/silly soap opera.

I also thought you would have kicked on this season, and suppose you have missed Bale to much. The season ain't dead yet though so cheer up lads

Yet again another red card has been rescinded with Kabouls last weekend against Chelsea being

the second time this season following the Danny Rose red card against ManCity.

So we have a penalty awarded against us, play with 10 men effectively having the game taken out of our

hands, only to later show yet another error by the ref costing us another 3 points.

RANT OVER!

At least we'll have a chance to field a defence this weekend.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26523734

Yet again another red card has been rescinded with Kabouls last weekend against Chelsea being

So we have a penalty awarded against us, play with 10 men effectively having the game taken out of our

hands, only to later show yet another error by the ref costing us another 3 points.

RANT OVER!

I know what you mean and i'm not sure on this one but he was probably sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity not the foul , if u get my drift, all rescinding the card means that the board probably feel it wasn't denying a goalscoring opp, still who knows, with an extra player we can but dream,, and IMO the way we looked its a ----n distant one , Get it straight I don't think it was a pen, but kaboul was a total prick,,, fancy putting his hand on the back of eto no less whilst he's running towards goal right in front of the ref ,,,,, TOTAL ffff in wa--er, french international ,,,,,, hackney marsh's more like, and even then ,,,,,

Edited by rijit

Leave it out carmine, it's a derby and only a mug thinks they go to form.

We should be favourites but that means nothing.

Plus we're going into it without at least three first choice players (i.e. good ones, not carlos kickaballs <heh>).

biggrin.png

That might well be the case if we had a defense that was fit to play.

RANT OVER!

Yes i agree. Rules are rules but this is a stupid one and rather than keep rescinding red cards perhaps the FA might do something about change the law here.

Fact is its done us for two games now but as you say at least we have half a defense for the derby.

RANT OVER!

Yes i agree. Rules are rules but this is a stupid one and rather than keep rescinding red cards perhaps the FA might do something about change the law here.

Fact is its done us for two games now but as you say at least we have half a defense for the derby.

Maybe if a penalty is given, then a yellow is sufficient as the goal scoring position is then restored.

However, after seeing some penalties this season I'm not so sure.

Yep. Nothing like interference from a ref getting in the way of business eh.

thumbsup.gif

Whatever happened to the principle. the best refs are the ones you never notice?

Exactly.

But Howard Webb wants to play at the Maracana, and nobody is going to pick him if he doesn't get noticed.

Catch 22.

Caipirhina with a large orange please.

thumbsup.gif