Tottenham Thread

chonabot

For me the level of abuse and bad language during a football match shows a decline in the standards of public morality and is to be deplored.

Yes, I know, I'm just a grumpy old fart :D

In adult company, i have no problem with "colourful" langauge. I consider everyone here adult, although some perhaps borderline?! Joking.

In places where there are kids, i totally agree. Makes me cringe when i see parents f'ing and blinding in front of the nippers. Sad.

Agree 100%. When you set boundaries as a parent or relative with kids you have to at least be seen by them as following the same rules. Same for a society if such a thing exists today....

oh god christmas has come early to white hart lane. santa gave you what you wanted did he ? walking and dreaming in yet another winter wonderland.rolleyes.gif

but, just like christmas and the weeks that follows the new year, no doubt spurs will come back down to earth with a bump after reality and normal service resumes in their next couple of games. whistling.giflaugh.gifwink.gif

biggrin.gif

oh god christmas has come early to white hart lane. santa gave you what you wanted did he ? walking and dreaming in yet another winter wonderland.rolleyes.gif

but, just like christmas and the weeks that follows the new year, no doubt spurs will come back down to earth with a bump after reality and normal service resumes in their next couple of games. whistling.giflaugh.gifwink.gif

biggrin.gif

Do one kermit face.

No doubt entertaining for the neutrals but torture for me..

I cannot believe Redknapp. Huddlestone should have been playing instead of Palacious or at the very least brought on at half time. Palacios was absolutely dreadful. Apart from the players not being able to keep possession for more than two passes it was his stupid substitution that ended us up getting overun in midfield.

Modric was playing way too deep and we were generally so predictable it was embarrasing.

I agree but money wise it might be the option especially if the striker we're looking at arrives.....

Nah, i'd rather save the dosh and play Corluka if we had to. He can play centre back and has done the job for Croatia quite well in the past when situations demanded. Theres also Bassong who is becoming a decent player.

Don't forget we also have the South African arriving in January. That newspaper rumour is <deleted>.

I cannot believe Redknapp. Huddlestone should have been playing instead of Palacious or at the very least brought on at half time. Palacios was absolutely dreadful. Apart from the players not being able to keep possession for more than two passes it was his stupid substitution that ended us up getting overun in midfield.

Modric was playing way too deep and we were generally so predictable it was embarrasing.

I can only assume he felt Huddlestone wasn't fit enough to play a full half. ....and by the time we got back into it was too late. Awful to watch.

I can only assume he felt Huddlestone wasn't fit enough to play a full half. ....and by the time we got back into it was too late. Awful to watch.

You could see the difference within ten minutes of Huddlestone being on. Problem was the wrong player was taken off due to Redknapp's crass decision to swop a striker for Palacios.

Why does he persist with Croutch. He is in aweful form, dreadful, and nowhere near as good as Pavlyuchenko. He's supposed to be Plan B but that aside the way he's playing he could'nt be an option at Hackney Marshes. The Russian whilst not ideal for the role, is better at the lone striker role. Basically Redknapp set us up wrong and then compounded it by his halftime substution.

Edited by carmine

Three league games in a week. Big pressure now to take full points from the next two games as we're already falling behind. So frustrating with our first choice central defenders both out VDV out Lennon out Huddlestone not fully fit and our only decent striker still out.

Half the first team <deleted>!!

Edited by smokie36

Three league games in a week. Big pressure now to take full points from the next two games as we're already falling behind. So frustrating with our first choice central defenders both out VDV out Lennon out Huddlestone not fully fit and our only decent striker still out.

Thats not an excuse the manager can use as he is well aware that our squad is up there with the best in the league. Our bench is full ofseasoned internationals. He just messed up tactically and in team set up again. He just seems to have his "favourites that include Crouch, Keane and Palacios. Honestly, could you believe him starting with Keane last week and leaving a fit Pav on the bench?! It does'nt help by the fact that i can't stand the old crook

I'd agree we are under big pressure to take the six points from S'land and Blackburn, especially if tonights results go against us.

Thats not an excuse the manager can use as he is well aware that our squad is up there with the best in the league. Our bench is full ofseasoned internationals. He just messed up tactically and in team set up again. He just seems to have his "favourites that include Crouch, Keane and Palacios. Honestly, could you believe him starting with Keane last week and leaving a fit Pav on the bench?! It does'nt help by the fact that i can't stand the old crook

I'd agree we are under big pressure to take the six points from S'land and Blackburn, especially if tonights results go against us.

In the first half Bale created space and got ome good crosses in but with Crouch up front with occasional support from Modric and Sandro/Palacios playing deep there simply wasn't enough support. Palacios surely now has to be sold along with Keane in January. Sandro needs more games as well looks a decent talent the laddie though.

A new striker as we all know is an absolute must. Crouchie's lack of positional sense and movement and inability to direct his headers properly is disgraceful.....sheer luck when he scores....surely even 'Arry can see that!

I've always been a fan of Crouch but he's simply been rubbish recently. Why do we need four strikers anyway. We've been playing Plan B unsucessfully for quite a while now. Offload Keane aswell.

I would strongly reccomend a very direct approach to Ajax to buy Suarez, and while we are about it lets make it a double swoop,bring back Martin Jol too and get rid of saggy chops. :D

Edited by carmine

You could see the difference within ten minutes of Huddlestone being on.

& within 15 mins of being on he should have been sent off, <deleted> Coward..

Disgraceful that was no matter who he plays for..

Pavlyuchenko is sublime, no matter how lazy he looks..

Edited by MSingh

I would strongly reccomend a very direct approach to Ajax to buy Suarez, and while we are about it lets make it a double swoop,bring back Martin Jol too and get rid of saggy chops. :D

If the rumour are correct yes let's hope there's no hand wringing from the notoriously tight chairman resulting in us losing out. Suarez would be a great buy for us. Add Benzema in the summer and Defoe can warm the bench.....perfect.

Don't agree with changing the manager though carmine. He made a mistake yesterday and that's that. How quickly you forget his tactics were spot on in midweek. ;)

Yes he would have been sent off by another ref. He allowed a tough physical game right from the start....at least he was consistent. ;)

If the rumour are correct yes let's hope there's no hand wringing from the notoriously tight chairman resulting in us losing out. Suarez would be a great buy for us. Add Benzema in the summer and Defoe can warm the bench.....perfect.

Don't agree with changing the manager though carmine. He made a mistake yesterday and that's that. How quickly you forget his tactics were spot on in midweek. ;)

Gareth Bale and Luca Modric were spot on. i saw nothing that any other manager would'nt have done to be fair..

I know , it was well out of order. Did a very similar thing in our CL game against Twente and got away with that too. Not impressed.

Can you imagine how frustrating it is for us to watch Croutch start and see Pav on the bench!!!! if he'd taken off Crouch for Pav and put Huddlestone in for Palacios it would have atleast been an improvement.

PS MSingh. Can you please mind your language on here, i'm a sensitive cultured bunch on here. :D

Edited by carmine

I know , it was well out of order. Did a very similar thing in our CL game against Twente and got away with that too. Not impressed.

Can you imagine how frustrating it is for us to watch Croutch start and see Pav on the bench!!!! if he'd taken off Crouch for Pav and put Huddlestone in for Palacios it would have atleast been an improvement.

PS MSingh. Can you please mind your language on here, i'm a sensitive cultured bunch on here. :D

Mr Carmine, you know me personally & can vouch that my language is controlled & refrained MASSIVELY on here as opposed to the " real World " so Bow Locks to you !!! ;)

I love Huddlestine, 2 great Feet, i really like him & is my kind of Midfielder who i'd start for England EVERY Game if i could, fabulous vision & can pick out a pass on whatever side..

But i REALLY don't like that bit in him & i've seen it a few times, i don't like Cowards & i've seen him be a Coward a few times now, thumbs down..

Edit : & i also believe Huddlestone is Dwight Yorke & Jordan's Son..

Edited by MSingh

Gareth Bale and Luca Modric were spot on. i saw nothing that any other manager would'nt have done to be fair..

It was a glaring error not bringing on Huddlestone earlier....even I called that one at the interval but 'Arry is here to stay and qualifying for the second round of the CL will see him safe for a long while yet. ;)

Mr Carmine, you know me personally & can vouch that my language is controlled & refrained MASSIVELY on here as opposed to the " real World " so Bow Locks to you !!! ;)

I love Huddlestine, 2 great Feet, i really like him & is my kind of Midfielder who i'd start for England EVERY Game if i could, fabulous vision & can pick out a pass on whatever side..

But i REALLY don't like that bit in him & i've seen it a few times, i don't like Cowards & i've seen him be a Coward a few times now, thumbs down..

Sure he is singher and Dick Van Dyke's a real cockney too. :)

Sure he is singher and Dick Van Dyke's a real cockney too. :)

Don't know about that Carmine, but this i do..:D

post-55211-0-80267300-1289113298_thumb.j

But Singher, DY and Jordan are both about 4 feet tall or have you failed to notice that Hudd is 6 feet plus :D.

What can't speak can't lie Alfredo, the Picture says it all..:D

You forgot to add that Dwight York has a face like a buffalo's arse.....

I think Huddlestone can feel very lucky not being sanctioned against. Especially in few of past indescretions. The FA really has no consistency about it whatsoever. Hope the manager stamps this out of his game quickly.

He's such a good player he doesn't need this nonsense. Back to the game and just hope VDV passes a late fitness test and at least makes the bench.....we could use a bit of his magic tonight. On the down side we're not on Sky tonight they're showing the other game....! :(

Edited by smokie36