Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I think you gave me a choice of Barkley or someone and i thought Barkley was a better choice.  Thats it.  He wouldn't make our starting eleven and i doubt he would want to sit on our bench.  He's a physical player and more a Mourinho fit anyway.

Mahrez is lacking in motivation, thats plain to see.  I think Poch would get the best out of him and as we know his best is awfully good!!  Would i like an attacking three of Eriksen, Dele and Mahrez with Kane up top......yes please!!

If Poch was sure he would get the hungry Mahrez, I agree. But Barkley ? No sir. I would think Spurs might be in the market for a striker. Janssen ain't horrible but...

At any rate, its not as though Spurs are in need of many upgrades. With Costa likely to leave Chelsea, Spurs should have the most settled squad entering next season.

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

If Poch was sure he would get the hungry Mahrez, I agree. But Barkley ? No sir. I would think Spurs might be in the market for a striker. Janssen ain't horrible but...

At any rate, its not as though Spurs are in need of many upgrades. With Costa likely to leave Chelsea, Spurs should have the most settled squad entering next season.

Most settled yes but it all hinges on how we get on at Wembley.  If we can put the perceived jinx to bed immediately it will be a very big bonus

3 hours ago, carmine said:

I think you gave me a choice of Barkley or someone and i thought Barkley was a better choice.  Thats it.  He wouldn't make our starting eleven and i doubt he would want to sit on our bench.  He's a physical player and more a Mourinho fit anyway.

Mahrez is lacking in motivation, thats plain to see.  I think Poch would get the best out of him and as we know his best is awfully good!!  Would i like an attacking three of Eriksen, Dele and Mahrez with Kane up top......yes please!!

I Could be wrong but from what ive seen poch seems to like flexibilty in his wide men, which  is one of the reasons he'll probably stick with sissoko and mahrez seems to be just right sided.? And mahrez will no doubts will be looking to upgrade his deal which maybe   put him in the barca /real range not in ours?.  I'm thinking  is he's looking at barklay  is he looking replace dembele, may  sound off the mark but so did walker when i said about his transfer, our style aint kind on age  he's recently dropped  a touch down the pecking order and at 30 is   a  last money move  looking attractive? And his sale would go away to balancing any large transfer lay out for a significantly  younger  barcley?  The other addition being talked of and poch has   mentioned he likes him  is siggarson, but reported he's wanting 120 per week again pushing out of our price range

Edited by 3 minus 2

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Everything about the current squad is great apart from it's quality in depth.

To compete on all fronts the squad needs additions in certain areas with some 

fringe players not really up to the standard required for UCL & a title challenge.

You would need 16-17 competent first team players, where as we currently only

have 12-13

We need a competent striker to take the load off Kane.

Another centre back if we are to continue with the 3-4-3 formation.

Another strong CM player to cover for Wanyama & Dier.

A replacement for Sissoko and Walker if either leave.

Any further additions would be just a bonus.

• Like 1

Oh and just a thought could big sams departure bring zaha bac in the frame? Now he 100% fits ALL pochs 'likes' plays both sides, scores young ect ect contract palace are supposed to have offered sounds LARGE but maybe another season possibly struggling with palace under ? As opposed to champions league at wembley ?? who knows but for sure i'de love to see him play for us he defo floats my boat.

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Mahrez is lacking in motivation. Agree with that and I think he'd be a good addition to any of the top 6 clubs.

"He's a physical player". Barkley, physical, not the way I see him. What did you mean?

THink he meant he can hold of a challenge, which he can.

23 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Mahrez is lacking in motivation. Agree with that and I think he'd be a good addition to any of the top 6 clubs.

"He's a physical player". Barkley, physical, not the way I see him. What did you mean?

I mean he's a physical type of player.  If you don't see that or don't know what i mean i don't know how else to explain.

20 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

THink he meant he can hold of a challenge, which he can.

Sorry mate, didn't see this before i replied to him!!  

He knew exactly what i meant.  Just trying to light a match as it were!!

Edited by carmine

4 hours ago, jellydog said:

It will be interesting to see what we do in the transfer market, but unlike with previous managers our current one seems to have a special ability in developing players.  Barkley for example is only 23yo and clearly not happy at Everton.  Is a change of club under a man like Pochettino what is needed for him to realize his talent?  

Our main problem in the transfer market is wages.  City, Chelsea and United pay high wages that will get top quality squad players happy to remain so, knowing that they are coining it in but we don't so it will be far more difficult to persuade the better of the crop available.  Hence we'll probably make one or two signings and the rest will be made up via the academy.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

It will be interesting to see what we do in the transfer market, but unlike with previous managers our current one seems to have a special ability in developing players.  Barkley for example is only 23yo and clearly not happy at Everton.  Is a change of club under a man like Pochettino what is needed for him to realize his talent?  

Our main problem in the transfer market is wages.  City, Chelsea and United pay high wages that will get top quality squad players happy to remain so, knowing that they are coining it in but we don't so it will be far more difficult to persuade the better of the crop available.  Hence we'll probably make one or two signings and the rest will be made up via the academy.

Yeah agreed about wages, but not so sure it'll be the deciding factor with Barkley, if reports are correct everton have offered him a deal thats  he's gonna find hard to beat. but perhaps a major factor in him insisting on leaving he's  had 3ish? nasty Incidents in liverpool. I wouldnt be surprised if he just wanted a fresh start away from the city and probably area so a move to london would fit, a move 20 mins down the road to utd ,, dont really do that too close but we'll c. Me,  i'm not convinced, he's the 'real deal'. But it'll be a case of in poch we trust.

It,s not often I venture onto this forum however I wish to thank Spurs for a magnificent end of season performance (once you were eliminated out of the European comps),some of the football played especially at home was a joy to watch,best home record for 50 odd years  I believe and finishing second in the Premiership is no mean feat :thumbsup:

Sadly though no-one remembers who finishes second and no medals are handed out,however you can console yourselves with the fact that,for the first time in 25 years,you have finished higher in the table than your North London rivals Arsenal.

Lets hope that next season,s form at your temporary home Wembley will drastically improve in regards to your recent performances in European comps and the FA Cup Semi-finals you have taken part in there :whistling:

I,ve just seen the latest England squad has been announced today and many Spurs players are included which is good news as it will give them the opportunity of viewing the winners medals that Marcus Ratchford and Jesse Lingard have each picked up this season and their tales of appearing in European finals at such an early age :smile:

Best of luck in the new season :thumbsup:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thanks for your clarification on Barkley but nope don't see him as being a physical player.

You really don't have a clue do you Trigg ? yet another case of you watching a different game / players to everyone else, do you think it has something to do with your colour blindness  ? :cheesy:

"I think someone like Man United might want him. Jose Mourinho likes his physical players, he likes everyone in his team to be powerful and big, and Ross Barkley certainly fits that bill."
Read more at http://talksport.com/football/ross-barkley-could-fit-bill-jose-mourinhos-manchester-united-former-everton-star-tells#R2GGumLQLxP1G7qw.99

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

It,s not often I venture onto this forum however I wish to thank Spurs for a magnificent end of season performance (once you were eliminated out of the European comps),some of the football played especially at home was a joy to watch,best home record for 50 odd years  I believe and finishing second in the Premiership is no mean feat :thumbsup:

Sadly though no-one remembers who finishes second and no medals are handed out,however you can console yourselves with the fact that,for the first time in 25 years,you have finished higher in the table than your North London rivals Arsenal.

Lets hope that next season,s form at your temporary home Wembley will drastically improve in regards to your recent performances in European comps and the FA Cup Semi-finals you have taken part in there :whistling:

I,ve just seen the latest England squad has been announced today and many Spurs players are included which is good news as it will give them the opportunity of viewing the winners medals that Marcus Ratchford and Jesse Lingard have each picked up this season and their tales of appearing in European finals at such an early age :smile:

Best of luck in the new season :thumbsup:

A veritable symphony of passive-aggressive masturbation.

• Like 2

On 25/05/2017 at 6:46 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

'lacking motivation',, how do you work that out? he was playing for the premier the league champions and was into the latter stages of the champions league,? in  the most 'coveted' league in the world and got a   bloody good contract to boot? the only time he 'showed' form  arguably was post champions lge and when the system changed bac to last seasons formation post the tinker man, goes for me he's a one track pony with 'limited' use, leicester or who ever are welcome to him. this season  proved 4 me over paid over rated.

21 hours ago, alfieconn said:

You really don't have a clue do you Trigg ? yet another case of you watching a different game / players to everyone else, do you think it has something to do with your colour blindness  ? :cheesy:

"I think someone like Man United might want him. Jose Mourinho likes his physical players, he likes everyone in his team to be powerful and big, and Ross Barkley certainly fits that bill."
Read more at http://talksport.com/football/ross-barkley-could-fit-bill-jose-mourinhos-manchester-united-former-everton-star-tells#R2GGumLQLxP1G7qw.99

From now on when discussing anything i think we'll have to create a separate post for him so he can try to understand.  But then again, what do you do with a guy that claims to have been posting on here for eleven years yet doesn't understand what a physical player is?!!  Its mind boggling!!

And yes, Mourinho/United does look a Barkley fit and lets face it, we couldn't meet the wage demands openly handed out by the big three spenders.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2017 at 0:46 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Xavi is also quoted as praising Barkley's "physical and technical qualities"

Seems you really are the odd one out doesn't it!!!  But then if you don't know,  you just don't know.......

Rc2702,

If your gonna try a wind up, you need some credibility otherwise the 

jokes on you fella.

So how many trophies did your team win this season?

Or may i add, any recent seasons?  like the last 10-15 years! :laugh:

30 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Rc2702,

jokes on you fella.

Funny isn't it?

We all laid out our thoughts and expectations at the start of the season and silverware wasn't on any horizon.

Next season I would have expected us to challenge hard for at least one trophy but playing at Wembley is going to be very difficult for us.

A cup final every other weekend. 

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If you look at our pre-Xmas form we struggled in all competitions. We need a stronger squad but of course we don't have bottomless pockets like some other clubs.

Fair to say you did well in the 2nd half of the season; but not as well ManU fending off all the challengers for 6th

1                   Chelsea                        19                 49

2                   Liverpool                     19                 43

3                   Arsenal                         19                 40

4                   Tottenham Hotspur   19                 39

5                   Manchester City         19                 39

6                   Manchester United   19                 36

24 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Rc2702,

jokes on you fella.

Aristos nice pic but mine has legs. Could go on forever listing our trophies last 10-15 not as many as one would like bur a champions league and fa cup springs to mind. No points for 2nd place of course so I won't mention the runners up medals but if you carry on getting 2nd maybe you should. 

On 2017-5-28 at 2:47 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

If you look at our pre-Xmas form we struggled in all competitions. We need a stronger squad but of course we don't have bottomless pockets like some other clubs.

There a few little league matches still happening maybe you can go sniffing around.

On 05/28/2017 at 8:47 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

IN the prem we drew to many game  From october ish thats what cost us the title.