Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

It's more rewarding to have as many live TV appearances as possible, that's where the 

bulk of the money is based upon.

Saying that though it goes hand in hand that if your at the top 6 end of the table your gonna 

get more TV coverage, so i would say it's cost effective being in the Top 6 and challenging 

for the top 4 or title.

When you look at the prize + Tv money, Liverpool ended up with the most Tv appearances (29)

and received more money than Spurs although they finished 4th.

That's cos the battle for 4th went to the last game of the season where as our season had already

ended with 4 games to go hence why we had less Tv coverage.

You know who cost you that extra few mill don't ya. WHU when you bottled the racE big time and blew your only chance of lifting the title for the next 5 years at least

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Jesus R2D2 you just can't leave it alone can you. It's close season mate. Recharge your batteries and then come out all guns blazin in August.

Footballers get a preseason so why not forum football heads bredbin? You need a break do ya? Stick us on ignore then.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Jesus R2D2 you just can't leave it alone can you. It's close season mate. Recharge your batteries and then come out all guns blazin in August.

Even during the season its just dull boring ignorant, i hesitate to say comment, cos frankly it aint.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Thought your boy Onomah was MoM today. (ignoring penalty save). Ran midfield and unlucky not to score a cracker.

Yeah poch rates the kid, and has used him quite frequently generally  as a late sub  wide or upfront. however to me so far in the prem he hasnt made a mark, but i'm all in favor of giving young  talent a decent length of time to step on, who knows perhaps this season or he may well be another one that  needs to move on to make the next step up.

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

19 games and 8 goals for the lad kane so far. At his PL rate the england record will be busted open before his 75th cap and I hope he does it.

Kane is going to be a star for a long time to come.

Frightening to imagine just how good he is going to become.

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Kane is going to be a star for a long time to come.

Frightening to imagine just how good he is going to become.

Not sure he will get better but he will become smarter through experience so I guess he will but the lads already in the top 3 strikers in the world based on the last 2 years. 200 million do ya

21 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Not sure he will get better but he will become smarter through experience so I guess he will but the lads already in the top 3 strikers in the world based on the last 2 years. 200 million do ya

He won't but he will?

Make your mind up soft lad. :biggrin:

22 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Well Kane will be a Tottenham player next season. That much I am certain.

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'd be surprised if he does 1 ever tbh but fingers crossed he does

That will depend on our chairman's willingness to pay top wages.

When the 250k a week buzzing gets loud he may start to listen of course.

We're not that daft at Tottenham, but its a cracking young squad with all to prove right now.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

That will depend on our chairman's willingness to pay top wages.

When the 250k a week buzzing gets loud he may start to listen of course.

We're not that daft at Tottenham, but its a cracking young squad with all to prove right now.

Nah its gotta happen soon. The wage structure needs a facelift fast 

15 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah its gotta happen soon. The wage structure needs a facelift fast 

I agree however we have a stadium to pay for as well.

I'm not a number cruncher but looks like something will have to give somewhere.

At the least I'd guess our 30m quid record transfer will not be broken this summer.

Some rumors that Spurs are interested in Joshua King, but I have my doubts he will handle the pressure, even if he had an amazing season with B'mouth. 

On 16/06/2017 at 4:44 PM, balo said:

Some rumors that Spurs are interested in Joshua King, but I have my doubts he will handle the pressure, even if he had an amazing season with B'mouth. 

even after a full season playing he  looks a few kilos overweight to me,  and that smacks of a player that wont handle life coming off the bench well, cos as eggs are eggs thats where he's gonna be

shame about zaha, but i'de be hapi giving gray the leicester player a go, looks like he's a real handful left or right and with a bit of patience could be a real asset.

As for others @20 mil wimmer looks horribly over priced especially cos he aint up to much,being left pegged is an asset, but even so, Though i dont suppose his replacement will come cheaply.

oh and i really think we should dig deep in this window, cos tbh with the wembley thing I'm not 100% convinced we'll look quite such an attractive destination for the next few windows. lets hope i'm wrong, and this team has the habit of proving wrong my entrenched long term pessimism with tottenham unfounded, even so,,,,,,,

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

Nice try boys:post-4641-1156693976:

The Times report:

Tottenham Hotspur have suffered a setback in their preparations for moving to Wembley next season after being told by the Premier League that they will not be able to alter the dimensions of the pitch to replicate those of White Hart Lane.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Nice try boys:post-4641-1156693976:

The Times report:

Tottenham Hotspur have suffered a setback in their preparations for moving to Wembley next season after being told by the Premier League that they will not be able to alter the dimensions of the pitch to replicate those of White Hart Lane.

What a load of drivel.

Where the lines are marked is down to the home team as long as its within the laws of the game.

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What a load of drivel.

Where the lines are marked is down to the home team as long as its within the laws of the game.

WHL was smaller than regulation. Wembley is not. Therefore it is not up to the home team in this case.

6 minutes ago, wilai said:

WHL was smaller than regulation. Wembley is not. Therefore it is not up to the home team in this case.

What drivel.

WHL as every other ground is within the FA guidelines.

Get a grip wilai me old son!

^ OK lad...You are right....and everybody else is wrong!:coffee1:

"At White Hart Lane, Spurs had one of the smaller pitch sizes in the Premier League, with dimensions of 100 meters long and 67 meters wide. That’s short of FA regulations, which standardized pitches at 105x68, but Spurs were one of several clubs that had an exemption from the guidelines due to the fact that their old stadium didn’t allow for a pitch of that size. Wembley’s pitch is slightly wider than standard, with dimensions of 105x69."

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1