Tottenham Thread

chonabot

4 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

another daft one !!!                                        loser levy will not show toby                           the money

Ever the pragmatist is Levy....he may feel pocketing 50m quid in the summer to be better business overall.

18 minutes ago, jellydog said:

OK then, but I have a sneaking suspicion that there's more to it than that. As well as Sanchez has played, and I'm a fan, he is at times not completely comfortable on the ball. There have been some mistakes I don't think you would see from Toby.

I still think it is a strange situation.

Not strange at all, it's Poch's man management decision not to replace a player who represents the future with one who is off in a couple of months.

Irrelevant of who is the better player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Ever the pragmatist is Levy....he may feel pocketing 50m quid in the summer to be better business overall.

thats a fair call                                                 but winning the epl or cl titles go out the window with his business model         1961  was your last one      you poor old lost  suffering  fool

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

That's my guess and with Sanchez coming on why not ? But for me it still doesn't explain why Toby has been just about completely frozen out. Maybe management wants him uninjured and ready to be sold for a king's ransom.

1 minute ago, sotsira said:

Not strange at all, it's Poch's man management decision not to replace a player who represents the future with one who is off in a couple of months.

Irrelevant of who is the better player.

When you're battling for top 4 that can be a gamble.

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

When you're battling for top 4 that can be a gamble.

Agree, it could be a gamble, but Toby hasn't played EPL since October

Sanchez has been in the team all season and he's the one thats

contributed to our top 4 contention more so than Toby.

It's a similar situation with Rose and Davies.

Edited by sotsira

9 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

thats a fair call                                                 but winning the epl or cl titles go out the window with his business model         1961  was your last one      you poor old lost  suffering  fool

Same can be said for your chairman's decision to sell Matic to

Man Utd, who has given them a top 4 place and put yours at risk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well Toby is clearly fit so he should definitely be at least on the bench so we can swap to three at the back against Chelsea if required.

It would be silly not to include such a superb player in our squad for what is a huge match.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Same can be said for your chairman's decision to sell Matic to

Man Utd, who has given them a top 4 place and put yours at risk. 

matics sale was not a sensible one.as his replacements fell short of what was required                                        missing a top four spot which i expect is simply down to conte the jerk.s bitter unnessary feud with the heirachy which should have been kept in house. it was massively counter productive to defend our title etc etc

2 hours ago, sotsira said:

The only way he can return, is to revert back to 3 at the back as we 

were before he got injured, since then we've been playing 4-2-3-1.

Poch doesn't want to replace Toby for Sanchez in that formation 

cos Sanchez is the future & Toby is likely to be leaving at the end of the season.

If you were in Sanchez's shoes how would you feel being replaced

by someone who isn't committed to the long term? 

At last, someone who actually knows what he is talking about, may i also add that he hasn't played a Premiership game for 5 month so do people seriously think he is simply going to hit the ground running plus the fact that he hasn't been as good this season as the previous 2 season's plus the fact that no one on here has seen him in training.

Edited by alfieconn

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd have seen Toby as the difference between our five minute switch off in the CL this year had he been fit and playing.

Frankly the way he has played for us the last three seasons he should have been given a new contract with far better terms.

Anyway its still a major surprise to see he is not going to get a game now....shocking actually.

How do you know he hasn't been offered one ?  

When they negotiate a players contract it's not just a cast of he's a good player give him what he want's, there's a lot of variables involved such as age, transfer fee, do we have a quality replacement, for all we know Poch might be thinking that Toby next season might not be the player he was and that Sanchez is a better bet !

Just now, alfieconn said:

So can playing someone who hasn't played in the Premiership for 5 months !

True enough Alf. What is interesting is how quickly Toby went from the greatest centre-back in the universe to dogshit in the blink of a Spurs' eye.:tongue:

• Like 1

Just now, jellydog said:

True enough Alf. What is interesting is how quickly Toby went from the greatest centre-back in the universe to dogshit in the blink of a Spurs' eye.:tongue:

What are you on about now ?  who said he was the greatest CB in the universe and who said he was dogshit now ? anyone who know's anything about football would know that being out for 5 months would mean that he would need quite a few matches to get back to full match fitness :tongue:

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

How do you know he hasn't been offered one ?  

When they negotiate a players contract it's not just a cast of he's a good player give him what he want's, there's a lot of variables involved such as age, transfer fee, do we have a quality replacement, for all we know Poch might be thinking that Toby next season might not be the player he was and that Sanchez is a better bet !

Shame for Toby as his injury came just as he was getting a bit of form.

What will or won't be has to be seen Alfredo....I just hope Poch makes the right call tomorrow.

If he isn't fit enough for our bench at least there is no way he would have played an international friendly so I guess we find out very soon.

10 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

What are you on about now ?  who said he was the greatest CB in the universe and who said he was dogshit now ? anyone who know's anything about football would know that being out for 5 months would mean that he would need quite a few matches to get back to full match fitness :tongue:

I think Spurs want Toby gone because they're tired of trying to spell and pronounce his last name correctly. As good as any reasons I've seen so far.:cowboy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

I think Spurs want Toby gone because they're tired of trying to spell and pronounce his last name correctly. As good as any reasons I've seen so far.:cowboy:

Well that is certainly more constructive than some of the other post's you've made about Toby !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jellydog said:

That's my guess and with Sanchez coming on why not ? But for me it still doesn't explain why Toby has been just about completely frozen out. Maybe management wants him uninjured and ready to be sold for a king's ransom.

He hasn't been completely frozen out, he played against Newport and got injured again, if your going to talk about Spurs at least get your facts right !

BBC Gossip column today has him linked to Barca, Chelsea and Man Utd; Chelsea looking like favourites to get him. 

Alderwireld and Azpilacueta with Kante shielding would make Chelsea hard to beat. Christenson apparently falling short, Cahill and Luiz on the way out, Rudiger the real deal and Zouma coming back from Stoke.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, champers said:

BBC Gossip column today has him linked to Barca, Chelsea and Man Utd; Chelsea looking like favourites to get him. 

Alderwireld and Azpilacueta with Kante shielding would make Chelsea hard to beat. Christenson apparently falling short, Cahill and Luiz on the way out, Rudiger the real deal and Zouma coming back from Stoke.

Paper gossip rubbish.

1 hour ago, champers said:

BBC Gossip column today has him linked to Barca, Chelsea and Man Utd; Chelsea looking like favourites to get him

Where do you get that from Beano, Dandy ?

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Paper gossip rubbish.

Why the above , Toby will be off ,( who can hardly blame him),just wants a fair  going rate for his services that your little runt Lose Levy  is not prepared to  pay  and he will be not the last one to do the same

42 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Why the above , Toby will be off ,( who can hardly blame him),just wants a fair  going rate for his services that your little runt Lose Levy  is not prepared to  pay  and he will be not the last one to do the same

Kane is happy with his new deal and I suspect those we want to keep who are young enough will have similar offers.

The grass isn't always greener in this case and our stadium income will make a big difference next season.

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Kane is happy with his new deal and I suspect those we want to keep who are young enough will have similar offers.

The grass isn't always greener in this case and our stadium income will make a big difference next season.

Kane is grossly  underpaid for a top flight world class striker, the young ones will tire of the peanuts being paid for their services,Spuds wage policy borders on Slave Labour for a top 6 club , , ,whilst a nice arrangement   travels to Bahamas   you certainly appear to E/S that you never been off the Tarry Road :smile: