Tottenham Thread

chonabot

18 minutes ago, carmine said:

.  And its an open secret were trying to sign young Sessignon from Fulham.

Plus a number of other leading clubs,who are prepared to pay the going rate to secure his services, Loser Levy would have a heart attak even getting close to their numbers

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Roman owns the Club, he doesnt owe himself anything .

Chelsea do not owe Roman anything

Oh really!!!  You're a small club that won the lottery.  That was Roman, btw.

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You "were" a small Club , that won the European Cup*.

You're a Sky Sports era football fan i see!!

Presumably you think Porto are an elite european club too?

Did any of you Chelsea fans watch football before Roman bought you?  Sometimes i think Oldgit must have been in attendance at the Bridge on his own!!!  

And still you can't fill your stadium sometimes for a CL game!!  Still, won't have that worry next season!!

Edited by carmine

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

Porto have a far better history then your Spuds       Come on know all!!     now that  are back after your naughty childish tantrums                                                                             What   have Spuds actually    Won   please give us a honest answer,

29 minutes ago, carmine said:

Did any of you Chelsea fans watch football before Roman bought you?  Sometimes i think Oldgit must have been in attendance at the Bridge on his own!!! 

Chelsea home games used to regularly sell out, long before Roman came along .

Me ? Had a season ticket when still at School and used to walk home from games

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Interesting that the usual suspects are not mentioning anything about Kane since we won all our games without him and banged in a load of goals!!!  interesting that no ones commented on Davinson Sanchez's performance in relation to Toby's continued absence!!  If Pep had actually done his homework regards Kane injuries he wouldn't have sounded such a dick with his Harry Kane team comment

Probably about time to continue the "all your players will be leaving" chestnut.....

In our defence Carmine, this Tottenham forum was deadly quiet after you spat the dummy and left until your recent return when its got active again after your win over Chelsea.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Chelsea home games used to regularly sell out, long before Roman came along .

Me ? Had a season ticket when still at School and used to walk home from games

How's about one of you spurs or chelsea fans checking the attendance records and telling us which one of you got bigger crowds pre-Roman. Facts gentlemen are wonderful things.

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

How's about one of you spurs or chelsea fans checking the attendance records and telling us which one of you got bigger crowds pre-Roman. Facts gentlemen are wonderful things.

Most probably Tottenham did .

Chelsea built the north , south and west stands just prior to Romans arrival , these were built at different times and Chelsea continued to play at SB whilst work was underway , so Chelsea played with a reduced capacity for the best part of ten years .

Even though Chelsea have 6 th highest average attendance in the football league and before Roman came along , in the seven years before Roman arrived, Chelsea won the F.A Cup twice , League cup , European cup winners cup and the European super cup and during that time , Tottenham won the league cup once .

Chelsea were more successful than Tottenham, just prior to Romans arrival

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Most probably Tottenham did .

Chelsea built the north , south and west stands just prior to Romans arrival , these were built at different times and Chelsea continued to play at SB whilst work was underway , so Chelsea played with a reduced capacity for the best part of ten years .

Even though Chelsea have 6 th highest average attendance in the football league and before Roman came along , in the seven years before Roman arrived, Chelsea won the F.A Cup twice , League cup , European cup winners cup and the European super cup and during that time , Tottenham won the league cup once .

Chelsea were more successful than Tottenham, just prior to Romans arrival

If you're interested go to this link and click on your club and season by season attendances are given

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/england.htm

4 hours ago, jellydog said:

Simples Alf. If I was Pochy and I thought having Toby available would help the team I wouldn't give a shit what Sanchez thought. I think Sots got that wrong, and I would wager that Carmine got it right in his opinion that Pochy might see Toby as a distraction in the dressing room.

Pochy has made it his business to instill a "one for all and all for one mentality" in the squad and it seems Toby is no longer in that group. Same same for Rose it seems. Can't say that I blame Pochy. His philosophy has worked wonders so far.

Here's an article from Talksport yesterday, quoting Poch as to why he won't play Toby at this moment in time.

https://talksport.com/football/tottenham-hotspur-news-mauricio-pochettino-wont-play-toby-alderweireld-just-help-him-make

Note the 8th paragraph down:

"Toby in the last four months has struggled with his injury. I am not going to change the system because Toby needs games for the World Cup.

As for him being a distraction in the dressing room, i would strongly

disagree, purely because he is in full training with the first team squad.

That wouldn't be the case if he was a distraction, otherwise Poch would have ordered him to train alone or with the U21's as he did with Townsend when he was frozen out.

It's a simple case that he doesn't feature in Poch's long term plans anymore due to the contract stalemate, whereas Sanchez & Vertonghen do, as well as Juan Foyth for next season, and possibly Carter Vickers.  

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just checked on the link you provided .

Before Roman came along , in 2002 , 

Chelsea had an average attendance of 39 000

Tottenham had an average attendance of 35 000

Chelsea came 6 th in the League and Tottenham came 9 th

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Several posts and replies have been removed.

I've tried asking nicely several times to play nice. Posting just to bicker and name call isn't banter, so I'm going to start clamping down on this type of response.

acknowledged                                                to all and sundry i hope                        no freebie.s 

47 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Here's an article from Talksport yesterday, quoting Poch as to why he won't play Toby at this moment in time.

https://talksport.com/football/tottenham-hotspur-news-mauricio-pochettino-wont-play-toby-alderweireld-just-help-him-make

Note the 8th paragraph down:

"Toby in the last four months has struggled with his injury. I am not going to change the system because Toby needs games for the World Cup.

As for him being a distraction in the dressing room, i would strongly

disagree, purely because he is in full training with the first team squad.

That wouldn't be the case if he was a distraction, otherwise Poch would have ordered him to train alone or with the U21's as he did with Townsend when he was frozen out.

It's a simple case that he doesn't feature in Poch's long term plans anymore due to the contract stalemate, whereas Sanchez & Vertonghen do, as well as Juan Foyth for next season, and possibly Carter Vickers.  

He's just not a member in good standing. That was essentially what I was alluding to all along. But thanks for the links Sots.:smile:

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Just checked on the link you provided .

Before Roman came along , in 2002 , 

Chelsea had an average attendance of 39 000

Tottenham had an average attendance of 35 000

Chelsea came 6 th in the League and Tottenham came 9 th

what bearing do those sh#t stats or facts as twigg likes to nest on.  alter  where clubs actually end up on the table when the season is over.?????

1 minute ago, evenstevens said:

what bearing do those sh#t stats or facts as twigg likes to nest on.  alter  where clubs actually end up on the table when the season is over.?????

Previous statistic have no bearing on the current season , although the current season will be a future statistic .

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Previous statistic have no bearing on the current season , although the current season will be a future statistic .

yes agreed .no probs at all.but crowd attendances?? twigg is so slow on the take up..god bless his soul

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

Exactly what I've been pointing out to you.

#THFC highest paid director, almost certainly Daniel Levy, received total remuneration of £6.0m in 2016/17 (up from £2.8m the previous season). Wow.

tv money kicking in before it even kicked in. 

Thets pretty impressive. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Exactly what I've been pointing out to you.

Take a step back, look at the content of his posts....why bother?

NB.  If you don't reply to him i don't get to see any of his posts!!!  Thats a huge bonus. Something that that he, PeterMik and BB the three "forum intellectual heavyweights" have yet to grasp.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Must Watch This!

Hilarious loud mouthed Chav rent boy youtuber!

5mins in he gets very entertaining :biggrin:

I love how you can only hear our away fans singing at about 6 mins in and he's just totally lost it by then....brilliant.

COYS.