Tottenham Thread

chonabot

... As opposed to Danny Wellbeck who by all accounts just stood there in the 6 yard box and didn't challenge De Gea for an incoming ball, but apparently DeG dropped the ball after landing on his head which lead to a goal (disallowed). Not a great player, DW that is.?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

... As opposed to Danny Wellbeck who by all accounts just stood there in the 6 yard box and didn't challenge De Gea for an incoming ball, but apparently DeG dropped the ball after landing on his head which lead to a goal (disallowed). Not a great player, DW that is.?

I felt the ref made a perfectly good decision there. :biggrin:

How devastating for us that we have the only footballer ever to be done for DUI.........hopefully more and more people can jump on "the bandwagon of sanctimonious hypocrisy"?

So, on to the match, Dele and Lloris out and Kane knackered.   

All in all, i have a bad feeling about this game.

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, carmine said:

How devastating for us that we have the only footballer ever to be done for DUI.........hopefully more and more people can jump on "the bandwagon of sanctimonious hypocrisy"?

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Yeah. How dare we even mention that you're goalie is a convicted drink driver. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carmine said:

At least Son will walk straight back in. I suspect we'll play four at the back with Dembele and Winks.

Hard to see how we can start Wanyama in this one really.

27 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I have to laugh yet again.

How many on this board have driven after having a drink? Case closed.

Come on mate. Stop defending him. 30 or 40 odd years ago, yeah many people did it. They also didn't have seat belts and child seats. Times have changed. Would you put your child in a car now without buckling them up like they did a few decades ago? Nowadays, everybody knows exactly the effects Drink Driving has and there is absolutely no excuse for ANYBODY doing it. Jaysus, he can afford his own limousine service

52 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah. How dare we even mention that you're goalie is a convicted drink driver. 

Come on mate, how many people do you know that can say in all honesty they have never got behind the wheel of a car knowing they are over the limit?  We all know its wrong but.....he's been charged, convicted, fined and lost his license.....should he been banged up perhaps as well?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  Or is it a case of how dare i say that!!!!

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Come on mate. Stop defending him. 30 or 40 odd years ago, yeah many people did it. They also didn't have seat belts and child seats. Times have changed. Would you put your child in a car now without buckling them up like they did a few decades ago? Nowadays, everybody knows exactly the effects Drink Driving has and there is absolutely no excuse for ANYBODY doing it. Jaysus, he can afford his own limousine service

its not like he was doing an Adan Johnson like, was it!!!   

Have you ever driven over the limit?  If you can't give a categoric denial, which i would accept, best to drop the subject.  Thats my opinion anyway.  Lloris was a stupid <deleted> and has paid the price.  Fortunately no one was hurt and i trust he'll never do it again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

its not like he was doing an Adan Johnson like, was it!!!   

Have you ever driven over the limit?  If you can't give a categoric denial, which i would accept, best to drop the subject.  Thats my opinion anyway.  Lloris was a stupid <deleted> and has paid the price.  Fortunately no one was hurt and i trust he'll never do it again.

This is it exactly....he's been an idiot but one of many out there.

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This is it exactly....he's been an idiot but one of many out there.

One of practically everyone who has ever driven a car i'd venture to say.  The fact that times have changed is a complete cop out response because the laws have been in place, regardless, since time began.  Lloris, as has been said, could own his own limo company has has made a right fool of himself, but he's paid the price and that should be the end of it, unless theres anyone out there thats never done it, and in which case they can bore on for as long as they want.

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

One of practically everyone who has ever driven a car i'd venture to say.  The fact that times have changed is a complete cop out response because the laws have been in place, regardless, since time began.  Lloris, as has been said, could own his own limo company has has made a right fool of himself, but he's paid the price and that should be the end of it, unless theres anyone out there thats never done it, and in which case they can bore on for as long as they want.

I've never done it but I won't be getting all sanctimonious given the number of hedges I've decided to sleep in over the years. :w00t:

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

He can; bargain at £50k a trip.