Prayut bets with life to stop attempts to create rift in the country

webfact

I thought everyone enrolled in the forces was ready to die for their country, well at least it was so!

When that said. Full respect to General Prayuth and how he steer Thailand, but as a old Thai friend said to me just after the coup, "its not easy in Thailand"

What you mean I said...he paused and said....very few of my fellow citizens have the common good for Thailand in mind.

The old "democracy trap" eh....... So basically, Prayuth is no big fan of democracy in Thailand.

He is probably right. 81 years and 19 coups, I think democracy will never work here either.

What's the alternative, Communism? We know how well that worked.

Warmly welcomed by the farmers ?

i suppose all his military and police minders might have just helped with that and the thought that even the slightest, even innocuous, sign of being less than happy would result in attitude adjustment.

At least the farmers are no longer hanging themselves

Rice farmers are not but rubber farmers are killing themselves due to debts.

The old "democracy trap" eh....... So basically, Prayuth is no big fan of democracy in Thailand.

He is probably right. 81 years and 19 coups, I think democracy will never work here either.

I'm glad someone understands that democracy is a scam ;-)

I'm glad someone understands that democracy is a scam ;-)

Sure, Germany 1931 - 1945 was way better, especially for anybody who was not German, Jews, homosexuals, handy capped and other minorities and we all saw how that went!

Blind to history to the end.

That is why, I admire you Prime Minister.

You are a patriot, and a man of honour.

I believe that at the end you will succeed with your aspirations.

Thailand will be a better country with you, in charge.thumbsup.gif

I think I just threw up a little..

Hope you are feeling better now......

I've heard it's that virus, called elections, going around.....but don't worry it will be a long time till it affects Thailand.

That s what exactly Greece needs. A strong military dictatorship which tortures and kills everyone who dare to question their ultra billonaire coronels.

A country needs order and discipline, not human rights and elections. And the army must be free to take all the country's money and nobody should dare to question that.

Everything is for the sake of the country, come on.

Giorgios Papadopoulos is my hero, i hope a new one will come out in the coming week,so Greece and Thailand can be brother countries forever, true brothers in blood.

Edited by max72
  • Like 1

After reading a brief History of this self proclamed Thai PM...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha

Speaking the "Truth", is not one of his strong points.

I/E

Prayut claimed that the army was neutral, and would not launch a coup.

or

when he sought to moderate his profile,

talking to relatives of protesters who were killed in the bloody conflict,

This when he was co-operating with the government ofYingluck Shinawatra who won parliamentary election in July 2011.

The list of this guy's speaking of Non Truth's goes on and on....

Worry some for the future of Thailand...

Edited by glassdude007
  • Like 1

“I bet with my life that I will no longer allow anyone to create rift in this land and I will never betray my country.

Is he taking things a little too far? OK well for a start he did in fact betray his country and the rights of every Thai citizen to be free from oppression.

If he truly wants to heal the wounds then he'll have to incarcerate all those responsible for and guilty of sedition; that'll have to include himself.

I truly understand that here is a man that appears to be sick of all the corruption and how the country appears in the eyes of most other nations ... that being a sick and corrupt country ruled by the few for vast wealth; and those are the primary areas that keeps Thailand from being a truly great nation.

I remain unconvinced that the General is capable but it certainly would be nice to see positive change. For a start try putting aside nationalism and protectionism. Warming invite foreigners to live and work in Thailand with the remit of education and growth.

There are so many issues but NONE are impassable; you just need the will to enact change but can change come about when we've seen how the puppet masters pull the strings of power?

• Like 1

You want to clean up corruption, Mr General PM? How about you start with your own beloved military. Thailand's combined military is one-fourth that of the US, but they have 10 times MORE Generals, and they are ALL millionaires. Please don't give me that crap about how they all "married rich girls", as not even the dumbest Thai believes that.

When you clean your own house, maybe then you'll have the right to clean the house of Thailand. Until then all I hear is bull dung.

I would like to know the salary of a General and all the pay steps he might have experienced on average to get there and then have them justify how they became millionaires... does the military have mandatory investment advice for it's officers?

When do people stop accepting the Pot calling the Kettle black in this country?

• Like 2

It doesnt take a genius to figure out that majority of the.Thai people like the Shinavatra fammily whether you like it or not.

Even his hi-so sister won the election fair and square <deleted>. I dont think democracy will come back to Thailand any time soon, and if it does, the shinawatras will win again.

Even though the shinavataras are so popular here, I've yet to meet a Thai in my circle that supports shinavatra. Its the same in Turkey, ask the educated people who know Englis, theyll tell you they hate Erdogan, but when the election time comes, he wins by a big margin.

You want to clean up corruption, Mr General PM? How about you start with your own beloved military. Thailand's combined military is one-fourth that of the US, but they have 10 times MORE Generals, and they are ALL millionaires. Please don't give me that crap about how they all "married rich girls", as not even the dumbest Thai believes that.

When you clean your own house, maybe then you'll have the right to clean the house of Thailand. Until then all I hear is bull dung.

bull dung

It would be interesting to know just where the 466.5 million Baht came from that Prayuth gave to family members shortly before becoming PM, or to know where the 128.6 million he kept came from. He certainly could not have earned that amount of money legally while working as a General, so did he inherit it all?

One of his first concerns as PM was inheritance tax! Clearly a pressing issue for the Junta!

his brother was obviously not as "hard-working" as a general since he is only worth 90 million Bhat... coffee1.gif

• Like 1

That is why, I admire you Prime Minister.

You are a patriot, and a man of honour.

I believe that at the end you will succeed with your aspirations.

Thailand will be a better country with you, in charge.thumbsup.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Costas has definately drunk the koolaid

Quite a few Farangs are savouring every last drop too !

• Like 1

bull dung

It would be interesting to know just where the 466.5 million Baht came from that Prayuth gave to family members shortly before becoming PM, or to know where the 128.6 million he kept came from. He certainly could not have earned that amount of money legally while working as a General, so did he inherit it all?

One of his first concerns as PM was inheritance tax! Clearly a pressing issue for the Junta!

his brother was obviously not as "hard-working" as a general since he is only worth 90 million Bhat... coffee1.gif

it is not that difficult for families to accumulate wealth in a developing country over the span of a few decades - buying up some cheap land in places like pattaya in the early days which would now be worth a small fortune - I don't find anything unusual about this at all, I can think of many things I should have done years ago and didn't, I have friends that did and are now quite wealthy