a question to the british,

pigeonjake

And lets face it Amrican cars are incredible.. love those Bugattis

what a car!

yep the cars arnt bad i got married in the uk in a 56 buick, my ex father in law was mad on yank cars,

but what i cant understand,, 8ltr engines and drive at 55?

my best american,,,???? let me think about that,,,

geronimo,,,

Jake,

I have been waiting hours to apologize to you.

When I read your last message and tried to reply,

TV informed me that I had quoted too many posts on that thread..(.most were to you I think) and I was unable to reply to you there.

You are correct and I was very wrong.

It was not you who personally insulted me because I disagreed with you.

It was Mrtoad.

Your input and his input and insults to Americans on my thread intended for Americans were so similar, I confused the two of you.

Again, my sincere apologies.

I see you have started your own thread here for fellow Britts.

Being an American, I will show you and your thread the respect I wanted you to have for my thread addresses only to Americans, and I will not bother you on this British thread again

Hope you excuse this message, but I was wrong, and it was important for me to apologize to you..

Edited by willyumiii

well if the yanks arnt coming to play this should be a funny thread,,,,cheesy.gif

I might play, if that is, I can tear myself away from watching the riveting antics of drunk, stupid or both, Brits, or is that English (sorry Scots, Welsh & NI don't wanna lump you in together) on Bangkok Airport LOL

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

I'm easy with folk from every country.. USA, Canada, India, Morocco, France, Italy, Thailand, Mexico, Easter island... the list is endless.

I'll do my best to get along with anyone, what ever their country, religion, gender bias, football team.. at least until I'm not afforded the same..

There are idiots and nice folk everywhere, in every walk of life. Some I like, some I don't..

I do think some of our 'murican cousins are inclined to be a bit sensitive when subjected to criticisms..

Well said MrTee. My sentiments exactly.

post-12676-0-89004300-1423400268_thumb.j

I love Americans especially Kylie Minogue.

Fink she is an Aussie.........laugh.png

IS this now a favourite Americans thread?

I like Russell Crowe, he's one of my favs

And he a Kiwi.

I think leo and MrTee are both doing what is referred to in the British vernacular as "taking the piss." ;)

• Like 2

what a car!

yep the cars arnt bad i got married in the uk in a 56 buick, my ex father in law was mad on yank cars,

That was only due to federal mandate between 1974 and 1988 due to the fuel crisis. It wasn't really enforced until you hit 65+. Before and since the limits were/are usually 65-75mph (105-120kph) though 80mph (128kph) is not uncommon. Some areas in Texas are 85mph (136kph). In most places police don't generally enforce them until you are about 5-7mph over the limit.

It would appear the maximum speed limit in the UK is 70(113)? I've never driven there, but if Jeremy Clarkson's rants are any indication, enforcement has gotten really tight, with speed cameras everywhere now. Thankfully a concept not yet embraced by American law enforcement.

• Like 1

Fink she is an Aussie.........laugh.png

IS this now a favourite Americans thread?

I like Russell Crowe, he's one of my favs

And he a Kiwi.

I think leo and MrTee are both doing what is referred to in the British vernacular as "taking the piss." wink.png

I've never seen him play the part of a Kiwi

Well he gets getting into fights in our pubs, so that should count.

what a car!

That was only due to federal mandate between 1974 and 1988 due to the fuel crisis. It wasn't really enforced until you hit 65+. Before and since the limits were/are usually 65-75mph (105-120kph) though 80mph (128kph) is not uncommon. Some areas in Texas are 85mph (136kph). In most places police don't generally enforce them until you are about 5-7mph over the limit.

It would appear the maximum speed limit in the UK is 70(113)? I've never driven there, but if Jeremy Clarkson's rants are any indication, enforcement has gotten really tight, with speed cameras everywhere now. Thankfully a concept not yet embraced by American law enforcement.

yes my freind keep away from speed cameras,,

there just another form of bloody tax,

• Like 1