Storms wreak havoc in Nong Khai

webfact

Storms wreak havoc in Nong Khai
The Nation

30254396-01_big.jpg

NONG KHAI: -- A hailstorm and heavy rains hit the Northeastern province of Nong Khai early yesterday, toppling 30 power poles, one of which fell onto people's homes in Tha Bo district led a woman getting injured. In Pho Tak district, up to 100 houses were damaged.

A 30-minute hailstorm also partially damaged several homes and two pickup trucks in the municipality area of Muang district and caused blackouts in many communities. Local officials were assessing the hailstorm damage at press time.

In Nakhon Phanom's Sri Songkhram district, where a storm called the "worst in 50 years" hit hundreds of homes on Monday, the provincial Red Cross Society branch officials and Nakhon Phanom Military Circle's housewife club members yesterday presented the affected villagers with 800 relief bags, including dried food and commodity products.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Storms-wreak-havoc-in-Nong-Khai-30254396.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-19

• Like 2

A while back I Iooked at some scientific projections of future temperature rises and climate change due to Global warming and was pleasantly surprised to see that this NE corner of Esaan is predicted to remain relatively unchanged and stable. But, as the violence of these storms is demonstrating, the effects of climate change on the incredibly complex interconnectedness of nature and our weather systems is incredibly difficult to predict.

I think we are all in for a rough ride.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 2

It cannot be denied that some parts of the world are having turbulent weather. Can it be that global warming is only caused by human activities? Or could it also be nature as work? How did humans contribute to the end of the last ice age (global warming)? whistling.gif

Exactly. Couldn't have put it any better myself thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

It cannot be denied that some parts of the world are having turbulent weather. Can it be that global warming is only caused by human activities? Or could it also be nature as work? How did humans contribute to the end of the last ice age (global warming)? whistling.gif

Who is claiming that it is ONLY caused by human activities? Of course Nature is also at work. There is much geological evidence that there has been extreme climate change and there have been 'Extinction Events' in the past triggered by 'super-volcanic eruptions', etc., The ash blanketed the Earth's atmosphere causing a rise in temperature whose consequences killed over 90% of life on Earth....No cars, factories, deforestation, etc. It was perfectly natural back then. But with the huge increase in Earth's human population and industrialisation, there is mounting and overwhelming evidence that the climate change occurring now is through man made CO2 emissions. Look at the evidence.

It is suspected that with the Extinction events, the warming accelerated and reached a 'tipping point' where it was unstoppable. A crucial factor in this is the thawing of Artic tundra and warming of the Oceans which causes coral reef to die and seabed permafrost to melt. Both of which releases ever increasing amounts of methane gas, another 'Greenhouse' gas:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/28/1317252/--Vast-methane-plumes-escaping-from-the-seafloor-discovered-in-Siberian-Arctic-Sea#

There are too many people on this planet. More and more wanting and being sold consumer lifestyles. This means more and more consumption of less and less of the Earth's resources and more pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.The Earth cannot sustain this so the Earth needs to get rid of the Human race, and she will. She does not need us. We need her. We are the dominant species on this Earth and It is us who are blindly f*cking it up. As soon as she gets rid of us, the Earth will begin to recover.

I personally think it is too late to stop as most people are selfish and dont seem to give a sh*t about the future of their children and grandchildren. They are in complete denial refusing to change and will not change until climate change kicks them personally up the a*se, and then it will be too late.

.......But I think we have a duty and a responsibility to try:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/100_clean_ob/?fpbr

Who is claiming that it is ONLY caused by human activities?

The "greenies" in my country and I suspect elsewhere throughout the world as well.coffee1.gif