Distilled Water for CPAP Machine in Pattaya

Travelerusa40

Fascino pattaya

<snip>

Fascinao Pharmacy has distilled water. I called and they can speak a little english and told me they have Distilled Water. Does anybody have any other locations near Jomtiem?

Edited by Jai Dee
Phone number and Thai language deleted as per forum rules

Lotus and BigC Sukhumvit have it in their car/motorbike section.

Distilled water in 1 Liter bottles, used to (re)fill car-batteries.

And almost every shop, which sells car batteries sells the water too.

Edited by Turkleton

Mayb e in Germany or the west but I have seen crusties floating in the distilled water that big C had for car batteries. If your going to injest it. I would stick with hospital grade distillation at Facino. Thais not to well known for taking care of even their bottled water machines. At least with Facino it is used for Humans & Animals & I believe it states on the automotive versions not for Human consumption right on the bottle or at least the distilled water I got in the auto dept at big C (it was carfourre back then) did not recommend as it isn't hospital grade & may contain slight amounts of contamination. In the west Distilled water is distilled water here most likely not. I would stick with the tried & true where you know it is made for your body. And I did notice the commercial grade ate up our Iron twice as quick & the facino brand didn't.

My Phillips CPAP dehydrator calls for "drinking water." However, I get a build up of mineral deposits so I soak the reservoir in vinegar once a month and it seems okay.

Side note: I need a new head harness. Any suggestion besides my Pattaya hospital?

• 1 month later...

I went to Francino Pharmacy in Pattaya and they did not have Distilled water. They only had steril water. They speak English and told me they had Distilled after confirming with them several times but when I arrived it was Steril water. The pharmacy is located next to Bangkok Hospital so I went in and ask their pharmacist who said they don't carry it or ever heard of Distilled water. I should them a photo of a CPAP Machine and they just said no like they never seen a CPAP Machine before. I live in Chisngmai and just visiting Pattaya. In chiangmai I get Distilled water from across the Chiangmai Univeristy at a chemistry supply store. I can not find a chemistry supply store in Pattya.

I guess there is a lot of confusion of terms/loss in translation here.

Indeed, "distilled" water ("battey water") is not garantueed to be sterile (sterilized).

The destililation is mainly for demineralization (leading to low electrical conducticity).

As far as I understood for a CPAP machine you should use water that is sterilized AND demineralized.

So a pharmacist or medical professional will offer you sterilized water, he is not an auto mechanic.

I would bet (though not experienced) that such water is availlable at about every major pharmacy?

I read through some articles and seems that the requirements for air moistening are not that high?

Simple destilled water can be used.

Daily exchange and cleaning of the container is necessary.

And destilled water ("battery water") is available as described above by others.