Thanks for all the fish

dave_boo

Hey, at times we need to take a break from what we do. Nothing has to be for life, interests grow, mature and then end, as you said. Appreciated your straightforward approach and wish you the best in riding as in the other things that you value.

After I post I'm done with the topic and don't read it again. I may be getting abused daily but I wouldn't even know and as such don't care.

I also post things that will annoy some people, but I'm not here to get into arguments just to stir some objective thought and plant a seed or two. I don't care if people agree or not.

Those sick of online slugfests could consider a similar approach, too easy to get sucked into all that negativity. Been there done that, waste of energy.

• Like 1

Sorry to read this but appreciate that you wrote down your reasoning for leaving. Haven't been posting in this forum very long but been a lurker for a while.

Always appreciated your fact and logic based contributions with your knowledge of physics. You'll be another acute loss.

Forum software like the one TV uses is fundamentally broken when it comes to moderation and filtering of content. Note I am not talking about Mods or moderation practices, just the software and it's limitations.

Good luck in your future journeys and I hope we'll cross roads sometime.

• Like 2

I haven't been posting on here for a long time but I have to say I've found your posts very informative. Definitely understand, I get sick of internet drama pretty easily myself. That's the reason I spend more time on this section of the forum than the rest of TV combined... it's mostly more informative/lower grief. I see what you mean about the direction of things though. Good luck in the future.

I have a feeling the TV bike section will become like the thai language section... All the good posters eventually leave....and pop up in other forums that are more specific. or even FB groups because forums are a bit old hat these days.

No need to post every day, or open new threads every second day. Take a break. And one day you may want to post again. Or not. Not so important. Relax and enjoy smile.png

Exactly! I only reply to posts that interest me and when it starts to get irritating I leave, the topic that is, not the forum. After all trolls and fleas need an audience/respondent.

Anyway, my guess is that you will be the new Frank Sinatra.

Edited by AllanB

I appreciated your helpful posts. I have to disagree about the debates that follow some OPs. I love a good argument which is often more interesting than the topic.

It is unlikely that there will be any more such arguments on this forum for various reasons.

It is unlikely that there will be any more such arguments on this forum for various reasons.

There will be! Don't argue about that!

Don't think so mate. All the argumentative bullies are either gone or are going. This will be a nice family forum full of head nodders.

Well, if you gotta go you gotta go! The forum does get tiring when you see the same inane questions being asked when a search would provide the answers from old threads. And the overlords canning threads or individual posts gets tedious after a while. I get posts removed from time to time because I don't conform to some standard even though I don't as a rule bust anyones balls so to speak.

But we all know it's not a free speech forum so there there is no use complaining. We put up with it or we stop posting!

Best of luck at your new port of call.

• Like 1