What IS a se-xpat, how do you know if you are one, and is it really a bad thing?

infinity11

I see the word brandied about a lot, i like it, it makes me laugh, but maybe, it has negative connotations.

(typo title edit sex-pat not se-xpat, maybe it's better that way though)

or simply finish this sentence: You might be a sex-pat if....

Edited by infinity11

From Urban Dictionary..
Sexpat (noun), an compound of sex and expat or expatriate.

A sexpat is one who participates in tourism with the express intention of having sex.

There may be a variety of reasons for this, such as:
less restrictive laws in foreign countries;
anonymity or privacy;
a preference for people of other ethnic groups;
financial reasons i.e. if one travels from a wealthy country to a poorer one.

However, by far and away the single greatest reason for the existence of the sexpat phenomenon is that sexpats find securing carnal relations with someone in their own country difficult to impossible to achieve.
Andy: I'm becoming fed up of Phuket.
Shane: Why?
Andy: It's because of all the nasty old ***man sexpats over here.
Shane: I agree. Shall we go to Patong and ogle some bar girls?
Andy: Ok.
  • Like 2

One disgusting post and responses to it removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say it was bad. But it is kind of silly.

Gets really funny when they 'date' them. Then lose all their money to her. Then come on TV, (or others) and cry about it.

It's kinda funny when they parade them around the mall, too.

The ones trying to reserve the food court table with umbrellas are funny too.
People leave all sorts of objects at the tables to reserve them. The sexpats usually leave a woman.

I see.

Gets really funny when they 'date' them. Then lose all their money to her. Then come on TV, (or others) and cry about it.

The ones trying to reserve the food court table with umbrellas are funny too.

People leave all sorts of objects at the tables to reserve them. The sexpats usually leave a woman.

is this from first hand experience SB ?

who is "they" oh self righteous one?....

you and your colleague seem to be inferring that any male who may be in the company of younger lady irrespective of whether she has come out of a bar or not and may be in a long term relationship despite their age difference is an "Sexpat"

seems to me your making judgments based on appearances and perceptions to fit a bigoted stereotype you have in your head, you have no idea of the back story behind " they parade them around the mall,"

based on the logic you and your friend have show in your comments one suspects you could define 98% of TV membership as sexpats then wink.png

for someone who portrays themselves as so "enlightened" really showing your true colors in this post

• Like 1

I think the term really applies to men who exploit citizens of lees developed countries- basically it's cheap and easily available.

What is so refreshing about Thailand is that the working girls have evolved to turn the tide on the exploiters and take the punters for every penny they have- go for it girls

• Like 2

I interviewed a self-proclaimed sexpat once: www.oneweirdglobe.com/about-the-life-an-interview-with-a-sexpat/ (he's anonymous for obvious reasons, and I couldn't tell you his name even if I wanted to since I long forgot it).

Insert the old line about different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1

This is a joke, right.

Over 1800 post & he is asking what is a sex-pat.

Just goes to prove you don't need a long neck to be a goose.

A lot of the "questions" posed on TV are not done in the pursuit of knowledge. I can't remember the correct term ... I think it rhymes with roll or hole.

Their objective tends to be:

keep_calm_by_focusing_on_stirring_the_po

Edited by Suradit69