Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

I think I may have only filed my 90 day report in person once or twice over 8 years. Thereafter by mail, until this new system started. First time it worked. This time it does not. Mail-in is back for me. At least it's not due until 17 December - I was anticipating the online not working, so I am not disappointed (at the ineptitude).

What I have noticed is that the new online Personal Info page doesn't include address details, whereas from my print out of the process in June, I had to key that all in. (There is no box for address details.)

You can not do it more than 15 days early so that is likely the reason it failed.

Indeed correct lopburi3. Completed the application today online: 02/12/2015 for due date 17/12/2015 so 15 days prior is OK, anything longer is not.

Managed to do this through IE, overriding the lack of certificate authentication.

• Like 1

Since you did the online report in June they have switched to the https site. People have had problems even with IE using it since then.

I suggest you install IE tab on Chrome. For some unknown reason it seems to work better than IE.

I was helping a member by PM recently that kept getting the contact the local office message with IE and Chrome. He installed IE tab on Chrome and was able to do a successful report.

Thanks. Installed the IE tab and tried opening the online 90 reporting site but...

"Navigation to the webpage was cancelled"

Will re-try within the 15 day period prior to reporting date in IE, (which I can open) as suggested by lopburi, and see if it's operable. Have now printed it on a TM.47 ready for mailing, and in fact if I have the time tomorrow, I will do the photocopies and just send it by EMS.

Anyway, I was unclear about the "rules". I thought when online reporting was introduced you could do it any time before the due date, (not restricted to only 15 days before). In addition, I thought mail-ins now had to reach Chaengwattana 2 weeks prior to the due date, so the chances of getting one of these time restrictions wrong, (if indeed they are "rules"), is very high.

As soon as you try opening the reporting website you need to click on the IE tab icon to the right of the browser window.

You have a window of 15 to 7 days before your report date to do a online report.

Personally I don't think being outside the reporting window will keep you from getting to step 2 of the reporting. It is when it is received at the immigration office where the report is sent when the window comes into effect.

Your report by mail must be delivered to immigration 7 days before the report date is the rule. You could send it by EMS a couple of days before that date and it would be accepted.

Thanks for this. Tried as you suggested, but with the same result of "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled". But as noted in the previous post, I was successful using IE directly, and by overriding the certification absence.

Apologies if this has already been dealt with. I admit I have not read 64 pages of this topic. I love online reporting. Works like a dream in Udon. Just a couple of general points. Firstly, an application over the weekend will delay approval. Secondly, do not wait for the email, it may not come. Just check progress online, your approval may well be there. Finally, I have just completed my third online report and note, for the first time, that my next reporting date is 90 days from my date of application. So, 90 day due on 12/12/2015, applied for on 01/12/2015 and approval printed today. Next report 28/02/2016. By my maths that is 90 days from 01/12/2015, so I now have to report next in only 78 days from my last due date. No big deal really.

They've always done that with the dates whether you do it in person or online.

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1

Ok , so I have an O-A multi visa ( long stay ) which I obtained in February 2014 .. And it has a use by 4th February 2016 .

I came to Thailand in March , but only stayed 70 days , then went back to the UK .. I arrived back on October 15th , and was pleased to see that the immigration guy at swampy stamped it for October 14th 2016 ...

So this time I will be staying here up to and including my 90 days , which based on what I've just explained would be due on the

14th Jan 2016 ??

Question , using my iPad , can this be done online ? ... I have no problem personally going to immigration, and if I do go in person , what do I need to take with me ?

Passport , proof of my address ( I'm renting an apartment) . Is that it ?? ( I'm on my first visa so don't need bank account etc )

And can I go earlier , or later ?

( btw to get another length of time on my visa I'm going to Fly to Cambodia for a week prior to February original date which would then become February 2017 ? or would I not need to do this until October 2016 now ?

Thanks in advance ..

Ok , so I have an O-A multi visa ( long stay ) which I obtained in February 2014 .. And it has a use by 4th February 2016 .

I trust that is a typo and was obtained in February 2015.

Not sure how successful you will be using IPad as site is specific to Windows IE - but some clones seem to work. In person will depend a bit on where but basically TM,47 filled out and how of passport and some proof of residence seems to be standard - some places also require photo copies and such.

You must enter before one year from original issue date of visa by Consulate to obtain a new one year stay - and any travel after that will require re-entry permits to keep that stay alive.

Not sure how successful you will be using IPad as site is specific to Windows IE - but some clones seem to work. In person will depend a bit on where but basically TM,47 filled out and how of passport and some proof of residence seems to be standard - some places also require photo copies and such.

You must enter before one year from original issue date of visa by Consulate to obtain a new one year stay - and any travel after that will require re-entry permits to keep that stay alive.

I might add that you have not done a 90 day report as of yet. I believe you must do the first one in person to get your records input into the Immigration database to be able to do your reports online in the future.

I might add that you have not done a 90 day report as of yet. I believe you must do the first one in person to get your records input into the Immigration database to be able to do your reports online in the future.
ops yes typo sorry ..

I guess I can get the form TM47 and photo copies done etc.. At the immigration office ( pattaya , jontiem ) , and can I do this before the exact date , be a little late .. Or must be on that 90th day ?

Cheers

ops yes typo sorry ..

I guess I can get the form TM47 and photo copies done etc.. At the immigration office ( pattaya , jontiem ) , and can I do this before the exact date , be a little late .. Or must be on that 90th day ?

Cheers

In person your can report at your Immigration office 15 days before and up to 7 days after.

I think I may have only filed my 90 day report in person once or twice over 8 years. Thereafter by mail, until this new system started. First time it worked. This time it does not. Mail-in is back for me. At least it's not due until 17 December - I was anticipating the online not working, so I am not disappointed (at the ineptitude).

What I have noticed is that the new online Personal Info page doesn't include address details, whereas from my print out of the process in June, I had to key that all in. (There is no box for address details.)

You can not do it more than 15 days early so that is likely the reason it failed.

Indeed correct lopburi3. Completed the application today online: 02/12/2015 for due date 17/12/2015 so 15 days prior is OK, anything longer is not.

Managed to do this through IE, overriding the lack of certificate authentication.

OK, report now APPROVED - good since application was made this morning, but printing The Next Appointment [PRINT] box takes about 10-20 goes because it just keeps throwing up "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the tab. Do you want to view the tab?"

Jeez. Could somebody working on The Gateway get on to this?

OK, report now APPROVED - good since application was made this morning, but printing The Next Appointment [PRINT] box takes about 10-20 goes because it just keeps throwing up "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the tab. Do you want to view the tab?"

Jeez. Could somebody working on The Gateway get on to this?

I had exactly that problem samtam. Then when I eventually got the download box and tried to download my slip i got diverted to a blank webpage. Tried dozens of times on various computers and still haven't been able to see or download my next appointment slip.

Tell me please have you eventually been successful in getting your slip or are you still hitting a brick wall?

I eventually got it, after 10+ attempts, and I was doing it for two. Both had the same problem. Just keep clicking and eventually, (after clicking "No" to the error message), it somehow miraculously produces the " Receipt of Notification" page which you can print and stick up their arse in your passport.

Hahaha Excellent reply. I'll keep trying.

The saga continues.

Having sliced and diced the Receipt of Notification for insertion into the passports, I noticed one states the next 90 day report is:

3 March 2016 (correct) and the other

3 February 2016 (incorrect).

So for the incorrect one I suppose I'd better try and report again in February, (assuming the system is date sensitive and permits me to do so), or should I just ignore the incorrect date and assume it should have read 3 March aswell? (Both Receipts of Notification are correctly dated 2 December 2015.)

Anyone else experienced your 90 day report comes out declined/rejected after a few days?

I contemplated on this for a good while, checked and re-checked the info I filled, and everything is as supposed to, but still the email told to contact the immigration office x)

I eventually got it, after 10+ attempts, and I was doing it for two. Both had the same problem. Just keep clicking and eventually, (after clicking "No" to the error message), it somehow miraculously produces the " Receipt of Notification" page which you can print and stick up their arse in your passport.

Actually my multi clicking (and repeatedly overriding the certificate requirement) to get the appointment schedule seems to have had the joyous effect of crashing my computer. (Before a long weekend, natch.)

Tried your advice samtam about clicking No on the error message. Must have clicked 50+ times but no luck. Kept getting diverted to a blank extranet webpage.

Frustrating!

So my current position is still that my application has been accepted but still unable to see or print the next appointment date. So haven't got proof in my passport.

I've (hopefully) calculated (correctly) the date counting 90 days from the date i applied this time around. Time will tell if next time is any better.

My first online attempt 3 months ago went without a hitch. Odd.

Just wondering Samtam why you had two different applications on the go. Did this not show up somewhere in their database and confuse the hell out of them?

Edited by Isitjustme

Yes, the multi-clicking seemed to work twice for the two applications, (I was doing two - one for myself and one for a friend), and no, I don't think it could possibly confuse, as I keyed in the different Ref numbers and the correct different persons details came up; it's just a clerical error at IMM, I guess. When I discovered that there was a variation in dates as aforementioned, I tried to view the "next appointment" page again the next day, (yesterday) to see whether they might have corrected their erroneous date, and using my multi-click method I think I crashed my computer.

Without seeing the Next Appointment date it's not safe to assume it's 90 days, as my experience has shown.

I really think the mail-in method is the most reliable for the future, until or if they ever get the Online Reporting technical glitches sorted out. My computer crashing and the multi-clicking may be purely coincidental, but I am obviously inclined to link the two.

Edited by samtam

Most times that can be solved with a shutdown (even if you need to hold power button or unplug to get shutdown) and restart.

Unfortunately not in this case. Tried shutting down, but now it will not reboot. Took it in to HP this morning and they need minimum three working days to fix, (viz from Tuesday till Friday, or until the following Wednesday. Bummer 'cos of the long weekend).

Anyone else experienced your 90 day report comes out declined/rejected after a few days?

I contemplated on this for a good while, checked and re-checked the info I filled, and everything is as supposed to, but still the email told to contact the immigration office x)

Did you do he application within the 15 to 7 days before the report date window?

Is it your first report?

At some office it could be a problem if you it is the first report after a new entry.

Did you do he application within the 15 to 7 days before the report date window?

Is it your first report?

At some office it could be a problem if you it is the first report after a new entry.

Yup - it was 12 prior to the date. It was my first online report, have had them done in person earlier, now gave the online version a chance :)

Is it your first report?

Yup - it was 12 prior to the date. It was my first online report, have had them done in person earlier, now gave the online version a chance smile.png

Did the disapproval notice on the online report site give a reason?

I see no reason for it to be denied unless there was an error in the info you entered.

I can recall a report of a persons being denied because he put a different phone number on it.

Is it your first report?

Yup - it was 12 prior to the date. It was my first online report, have had them done in person earlier, now gave the online version a chance smile.png

Did the disapproval notice on the online report site give a reason?

I see no reason for it to be denied unless there was an error in the info you entered.

I can recall a report of a persons being denied because he put a different phone number on it.

odu

Nope, just remark: "please contact immigration service where you did your visa extension" as plain as that, and as I said above I did check & re-check everything - oh well, just have to try it again the next time then.

I did my second online 90-day report today... using IE on a Windows 7 machine. No problems, everything went smoothly.

Took less than 5 minutes online, now just have to wait for the confirmation status from Immigration in a day or two.

Note: my last entry into Thailand was 2014, so my most recent entry was picked up and available in their online system. Thus I don't have the problem that others have of having too old a most recent entry, and thus not having it recognized by their online system.

Got my online confirmation/approval today (Saturday) from Chaengwattana in BKK for a report that I had submitted online late afternoon Tuesday, so basically about 3 working days turnaround time.

I had checked Friday morning and Friday afternoon, and the status then still showed as "pending." But when I checked again Saturday morning, it showed having been approved as of the day before, Friday. So perhaps they only update their system overnight.

This is unchartered waters for me. I just finished putting in the info and it did give me a page with a transaction reference number so I guess that means it was successful.

I press the print button and nothing printed but it did close the window. Hope that's not an issue. I did copy the screen before hand.

So I wait for an email now?

And FYI, I report in Chiang Mai and did return from travel out of the country about 80 days ago and had reported 90 days in person before that. For that 90 day report I was unable to do it online maybe because it was the first time or system was glitch. There may be some logic as to why it sometimes works and sometimes not. Hopefully someone can figure it out.

This is unchartered waters for me. I just finished putting in the info and it did give me a page with a transaction reference number so I guess that means it was successful.

The application was successful, report not yet approved.

Now you should receive an email sooner or later, hopefully with the "approved" message.

Sometimes an email will come in, sometimes not.

So better check daily in the evening the status of your application (green "Check the status ..." button).

Instead of the reference number you can (in another "tab") also use your passport nr/birthday/nationality to find the status.

So never a problem to loose this reference number.

You can test that immediately and will see "PENDING".

Only if you see it "APPROVED" you can continue to printing the slip.

Nothing will happen today (holiday), DEC 10 being another holiday.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Both times I've done my online 90 day reports, I've never received any email whatsoever from Immigration.

In each instance, I had to on my own go back to the Immigration online reporting website and check the second tab for checking on the status of your application, in order to see when it moved from "pending" to "approved" status. That was for filings being processed by BKK Chaengwattana.

The application was successful, report not yet approved.

Now you should receive an email sooner or later, hopefully with the "approved" message.

Sometimes an email will come in, sometimes not.

So better check daily in the evening the status of your application (green "Check the status ..." button).

Instead of the reference number you can (in another "tab") also use your passport nr/birthday/nationality to find the status.

So never a problem to loose this reference number.

You can test that immediately and will see "PENDING".

Only if you see it "APPROVED" you can continue to printing the slip.

Nothing will happen today (holiday), DEC 10 being another holiday.

You can print out the "PENDING" report page for your records, (you don't have to wait for it to be approved).

Edited by rawhod

My report date is Dec. 22. I counted yesterday, Dec. 7, as fifteen days prior, but got the message to go see my local office and couldn't complete the submission. Today it went through without a problem. So, looks like the earliest to file online is fourteen days before the due date, not fifteen. They must count differently.

• Like 1