Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

8 minutes ago, bdenner said:

Before the Udon Thani Immigration office (who readily accept mailed reports) opened we had to deal with Nong Khai (back then it was a hive of the most intolerable men and woman working the Thai Immigration organization). They, in their wisdom, refused to accept mailed reports after many years of doing so. Me - I bit the bullet and sent em in anyway using my EMS receipt of proof that the report had been submitted - Great thing with EMS is someone has to sign for it = my report served to them = it never bit me on the arse.

I believe that somewhere in the system there is a rule which states if you can prove the 90 day report was sent there is no penalty!

Who cares if they do not want to issue a receipt?

Useful ... and brave!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bdenner said:

I believe that somewhere in the system there is a rule which states if you can prove the 90 day report was sent there is no penalty!

Way back, when Korat immigration used to accept 90 day report by mail, I posted off my report notification. Then they changed the rule shortly after, they no longer accepted mail reporting. My post report was in limbo. I waited until until the final day of reporting and visited their office. All I got from them was a nonchalant  'if you go to the office adjacent to the main office and it's still there we won't fine you for failing to report'. What kind of attitude is that? Luckily my unopened report was there and I was let off. This place really p's me off sometimes. People in position of power really know how to abuse their positions. rulez.gif 

Edited by sinbin
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Does it still have to be IE? Can we use Chrome?

Today is literally 7 days before I'm due and my passport is at home with my TM number. At home I only use Mac. 

You need IE or something that simulates it. You can access the site but the problem occurs when filling out the form.

On a mac with Safari you can use an a user agent switcher to use IE. See: http://www.dummies.com/web-design-development/how-to-activate-user-agent-switcher-in-safari/

During my last 90 day report, I specifically asked if I could do the next report online. The answer was no, you have to come here in person. In addition, they have changed back to requiring a copy of every page in my passport as well as the form. It is a hundred kilometer one way trip for me. What a stupid waste !!

4 minutes ago, Gary A said:

During my last 90 day report, I specifically asked if I could do the next report online. The answer was no, you have to come here in person. In addition, they have changed back to requiring a copy of every page in my passport as well as the form. It is a hundred kilometer one way trip for me. What a stupid waste !!

I think they also tell you that you cannot do reports by mail. Perhaps report the office by calling 1178 since the are disobeying orders and the immigration act that states they can be done my mail.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think they also tell you that you cannot do reports by mail. Perhaps report the office by calling 1178 since the are disobeying orders and the immigration act that states they can be done my mail.

The present lady, if you can call her a lady, made my life miserable by changing all the rules. Before she took over everything was easy and friendly. I don't want to get her started again. I have had more than enough hassle from her.

10 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

If you're afraid to go over her head and correct a wrong then, sorry, you lose your right to complain.

I've done it with Immi and things improved greatly.

I have already found out what complaining has done for me. It cost me a thousand baht for a two day overstay plus a trip to the US Embassy in Bangkok. It's easier to play along with her silly rules.

They made a new web site, now it only says under construction. Don't know why they can't finish construction before switching it online, but probably that's how schoolboys do it. 

On the main webpage of www.immigration.go.th, the 90-day reporting option choice on the left panel is now only in Thai (using Google Chrome).  When you click on that, and use Google Chrome to translate the resulting page, they have removed the option for reporting online.  

Secondly, note that if you use IE, only version 11 will work (when and if the option to report online comes back).  

25 minutes ago, MadMac said:

They made a new web site, now it only says under construction. Don't know why they can't finish construction before switching it online, but probably that's how schoolboys do it. 

No not sure where you are seeing under construction. Try clicking this link to go on the online reporting site. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Go back a page and you will see this post.

On 6/28/2017 at 4:37 PM, bdenner said:

Before the Udon Thani Immigration office (who readily accept mailed reports) opened we had to deal with Nong Khai (back then it was a hive of the most intolerable men and woman working the Thai Immigration organization). They, in their wisdom, refused to accept mailed reports after many years of doing so. Me - I bit the bullet and sent em in anyway using my EMS receipt of proof that the report had been submitted - Great thing with EMS is someone has to sign for it = my report served to them = it never bit me on the arse.

Who cares if they do not want to issue a receipt?

Well, the mood of the officer you visit is the final say, regardless of the "rules." 

I tried the same as you, and when I was challenged later at the immigration office (because I could not produce the official receipt--only the EMS receipt, plus a copy of the officer's signature who received it), the $hit hit the fan, because I dared challenge the clerk.  After much haggling, she finally relented and told me sternly that the next time I tried this shenanigan, I will have to pay a minimum 5,000B "overstay penalty"  (terminology made no sense to me either).    In the very same office, two other officers have accepted the EMS receipt.  Luck of the draw.  

4 minutes ago, MadMac said:

Ok, the direct link works, Joe, but if you go to the website and try to navigate there, you will end up "under construction".

I am not sure which website you are referencing.

It is possible to navigate to the 90 day page from http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php and from http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/main-bw.php

Re: 90-day reporting

As a convenience for myself and others, I have created a side-by-side Word® .docx translation of the new Thai-language Immigration page for online reporting, as it exists today:

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day  (https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day)

See attached .docx upload.

Note regarding the current webpage:

(1) It does not mention online reporting, which reportedly is now working for some, but does describe mail-in reporting.

(2) It only works in Internet Explorer v. 11.

(3) It only exists in Thai, despite the language option field at the top.

(4) Many of its embedded URL hotlinks lead to "not found" error messages

Finally, the link to the "Online_Services" web page is misspelled.  It only works if you misspell it as "immigration.go.th/content/online_serivces", interchanging the "v" and the "i".

On a separate subject regarding online TM.30-form reporting by house and condo owners and hotels of the arrival of foreign guests:

During the many months that the online reporting service has been inoperative, at least two provincial Immigration offices I am aware of (Chiang Mai and Chonburi) have been accepting emailed reports of the official Excel .xls spreadsheets as attachments, if the Subject: line of the message is written precisely according to proper format, and the .xls spreadsheet similarly is named according to protocol.  This is presumably to allow automated read-in to the Immigration database, as each day there must be tens of thousands of new arrivals to lodging establishments in these provinces.   

When I have some time, I can share the details of how to submit (but only if one has already signed up for and been given an account for online TM.30 reporting).

https-www.immigration.go.th-content-sv_90day_2017-07-02.docx

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 9:06 AM, uli65 said:

I hope this time it will work for more than a couple of days.

I sincerely hope so. I'll be the first to apologise if it lasts longer than a few months, as I predicted that Thai immigration didn't want online reporting to work. My next report is 3 July but I'll have to do that in person as I find they won't accept it online if not done at least 7 days beforehand of due date. 

We wait and see.

Edited by sinbin

That 7 day rule has always been there.

No earlier than 15 days before the report date and not later than 7 days before the report date.

So basically there has been a window of 8 days from the start of this online 90 day reporting.

Just tested the now-working online reporting site for form TM.47 (90-day reporting):

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do 

It seems to be working, if using Internet Explorer v. 11, and if one accepts the security certificate errors.

See the four attached screen-capture images, with their URLs indicated in orange rectangles (not shown below in chronological order, due to edited image 0).

0. Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_Continue-to-this-website_2017-07-02.jpg 

1. Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_TM47Action.do_2017-07-02.jpg

2. Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_AcceptTerms_2017-07-02.jpg 

3. Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_Step1-Pers-Info_2017-07-02.jpg

I did not go beyond visiting "Step1 : Fill up Personal Information",  as I still have quite some time to go before 90-days-minus-15.

One must click the image placeholders below (which cut off the URLs) to see the full images.

Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_TM47Action.do_2017-07-02.jpg.f8312edc41fcda33f326f220edba92ab.jpg

Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_AcceptTerms_2017-07-02.jpg

Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_Step1-Pers-Info_2017-07-02.jpg

Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_Continue-to-this-website_2017-07-02.jpg

Edited by Bruce404
added picture
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bruce404 said:

As a convenience for myself and others, I have created a side-by-side Word® .docx translation of the new Thai-language Immigration page for online reporting, as it exists today:

There is nothing on that page about online reporting.

The Thai version is more or less the same as what is still on the Bangkok immigration website in English. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

On the new website you can download this handbook: https://www.immigration.go.th/citizen_manual/guid_en12.pdf

The online 90 day reporting site can be opened using this link. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

For hotels and etc. to report their guest it is this one. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

21 minutes ago, Bruce404 said:

Just tested the now-working online reporting site for form TM.47 (90-day reporting):

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do 

It seems to be working, if using Internet Explorer v. 11, and if one accepts the security certificate errors.

See the four attached screen-capture images, with their URLs indicated in orange rectangles (not shown below in chronological order, due to edited image 0).

0. Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_Continue-to-this-website_2017-07-02.jpg 

1. Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_TM47Action.do_2017-07-02.jpg

2. Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_AcceptTerms_2017-07-02.jpg 

3. Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_Step1-Pers-Info_2017-07-02.jpg

I did not go beyond visiting "Step1 : Fill up Personal Information",  as I still have quite some time to go before 90-days-minus-15.

One must click the image placeholders below (which cut off the URLs) to see the full images.

Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_TM47Action.do_2017-07-02.jpg.f8312edc41fcda33f326f220edba92ab.jpg

Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_AcceptTerms_2017-07-02.jpg

Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_Step1-Pers-Info_2017-07-02.jpg

Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_Continue-to-this-website_2017-07-02.jpg

Yes that works for me also. Unfortunately I can't try it out as my 90 Days date is on the fifth of July.

I did manage one 90 days announcement last year.  Another 90 days later Buriram immigration, after initially denying that this had been done and threatening me with an overstay penalty eventually found someone that knew how to use a computer and accepted it. They then told me not to do it again. I'll ask again on the fifth.

They can change you into a wreck just by saying the magic word 'overstay' and they know it.

Mail-ins can be submitted up to 15 days BEFORE the 90-day time limit.  

So I wonder if online reporting would also be permitted 15 days beforehand.  

"Cooked" might try it today, at 87 days in country, and let us all know if the website accepts your report.

Edited by Bruce404
arithmetic