Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

32 minutes ago, Advocate said:

You are 100% wrong. It was approved at 11:14 20200420. The fastest approval I have ever had online.

Attached is evidence of the email notifying approval, the online evidence of approval, and the next appointment receipt.

20200420 Approved.pdf 339.44 kB · 5 downloads

I am glad for you, but honestly do not understand this.

There is no link between your new passport, issued May 2019 at the Australian Embassy in BB, and the TM-6 arrival/departure card you obtained the last time you entered Thailand in December 2014 on your old passport.

But OK, thai IO seem to work in mysterious ways...

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I am glad for you, but honestly do not understand this.

There is no link between your new passport, issued May 2019 at the Australian Embassy in BB, and the TM-6 arrival/departure card you obtained the last time you entered Thailand in December 2014 on your old passport.

But OK, thai IO seem to work in mysterious ways...

The approval of my submission is not mysterious.

What is mysterious is why the IB previously blocked the 90 day reporting online for people with new passports.

It is not rocket science.

35 minutes ago, Advocate said:

You're welcome.

It is a kick in the butt for the naysayers on this string who need to go back for more intensive indoctrination.

Thanks for the 'kick in the butt'.

I was only trying to explain to you why your application would not be accepted and what you needed to do to be able to get it accepted on-line.

But in view of your case, obviously IO must have made some changes recently, as it seems now possible to apply with a new passport without having left/re-entered Thailand.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

The only part of the process that was problematic was my email address that although worked before with the extension .net would not work this time, I had to change it to .com even though that email does not exist

That must be idiosyncratic to your email address.

The usual email address I use is a .net and it is only for Udon immigration (incidentally immigration was either hacked or sold email addresses last year, so now I am using an even more special one for them) though I have .biz and .info that I can use if needed

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

My last report was approved on line. Submitted and approved same date, 15th April 2020. Next reporting date 6th June 2020, the same date that my passport expires and also when my current extension expires.

Again is this Udon? I have certainly had report again dates beyond the end of my current extension from Jomtiem. Staying over 90 days hasn't really got anything to do with extension renewal date.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The usual email address I use is a .net and it is only for Udon immigration (incidentally immigration was either hacked or sold email addresses last year, so now I am using an even more special one for them) though I have .biz and .info that I can use if needed

no idea what you are trying to say, it rejected .net simple as that

I was never advised that the first 8 or 9 on-line submissions I did using my .co.uk e-mail address were approved, although they were all successful.

A few other people I had helped to submit on-line, all of who had .com addressed were all advised by e-mail.

But the past few I've submitted have been advised successfully using my original .co.uk address.... not that I wait for it since it now gives me a pop-up window as soon as I hit the submit button.

They are getting there - albeit slowly...   

2 hours ago, smedly said:

no idea what you are trying to say, it rejected .net simple as that

That I use a .net address with immigration.
It was not rejected.

So the system does not reject all .net address.

Simple as that.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That I use a .net address with immigration.
It was not rejected.

So the system does not reject all .net address.

Simple as that.

so have I and never a problem until today, there is nothing wrong with my email address, like I said changing from .net to .com fixed the issue and just for info - I have a degree in networking

8 hours ago, smedly said:

so will have to check manually for approval via the website as I won't be getting an email............will create a new .com email address just for this purpose in the future

checked just now and "Approved" 

11 hours ago, smedly said:

checked just now and "Approved" 

So there are now 2 reports of posters getting their on-line 90-day report approved on a new passport without having left/re-entered Thailand (and thus using the TM-6 arrival/departure card of their previous entry on their old passport).

Obviously IO must have made some changes recently, as this was previously not possible.

26 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

So there are now 2 reports of posters getting their on-line 90-day report approved on a new passport without having left/re-entered Thailand (and thus using the TM-6 arrival/departure card of their previous entry on their old passport).

Obviously IO must have made some changes recently, as this was previously not possible.

Just like @Advocate has been telling us these last few days

I can now back him up as it 100% worked for me too

19 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

My first on-line application was submitted 3 years ago with my address at cscoms.com (which must be one of the oldest mail servers in Thailand). It was rejected so I applied again using my gmail.com address and it was successful. Since then, I've only used my gmail.com address.

3 minutes ago, Lost in LOS said:

Hi, I live near imigration and there are not many people.  I would like to do my 90 day there, dont trust online.    How much time ahead can i do it?  thanks

90-day reporting in person at your local IO can be done in the period from 15 days before till 7 days after the due-date.

2 minutes ago, Lost in LOS said:

Hi, I live near imigration and there are not many people.  I would like to do my 90 day there, dont trust online.    How much time ahead can i do it?  thanks

Why do you not trust doing it online.

You can do the report in person up to 15 days early or 7 days after the report date including that day in the count.

At this time you do not need to do 90 day reports. They have been suspended until the 30th and that day will be extended.

17 minutes ago, Lost in LOS said:

You may be refused entry for a 90 day report due to the suspension of 90 day reporting requirements.

I am almost certain that in Udon you would not be permitted inside for that.

I am going to try an online report due to my slightly unusual circumstances, but if that fails I will not be going to immigration (assuming the suspension is still in place) 

note: online reporting is still active 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why do you not trust doing it online.

You can do the report in person up to 15 days early or 7 days after the report date including that day in the count.

At this time you do not need to do 90 day reports. They have been suspended until the 30th and that day will be extended.

living here for 30 days i have seen where they say something is okay then change after.  safe than sorry

1 hour ago, Lost in LOS said:

Just do it online for gods sake - you are not signing your life over 

if you want something not to trust - Facebook and google would be a good place to start 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I did mine in person at Jomtien this morning... in and out in 2 minutes.

I had my completed TM47 and passport in hand, got temperature checked at the door, used the alcohol gel, got an oval shaped blue government stamp on my forearm, the showed the ladies at the front desk behind a perspex screen my paperwork and got a queue number. Walked inside to find the room half full and my number was next. Waited maybe 20 seconds then it was my turn. Done in 2 minutes... best turnaround ever!

Why didn't I try the online application? Because I was 2 days overdue so I had no option but to report in person.

My advice to those that need to do their 90 day reports in person... do it now and avoid the stampede after the 30th.

47 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

My advice to those that need to do their 90 day reports in person... do it now and avoid the stampede after the 30th.

There will not be a stampede after the 30th since it will be extended.

When they do set a date that it is ending there will be date set to do 90 reports by. They might even say your report is due 90 days from the day your skipped report is due.

I have skipped mine that was due on the 18th. I am obeying the stay at home recommendation unless it is something you have to do.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There will not be a stampede after the 30th since it will be extended.

When they do set a date that it is ending there will be date set to do 90 reports by. They might even say your report is due 90 days from the day your skipped report is due.

I have skipped mine that was due on the 18th. I am obeying the stay at home recommendation unless it is something you have to do.

Why don't you try an online report?

2 minutes ago, Advocate said:

Why don't you try an online report?

Because I cannot do them.

I have no record in the database that the online reporting system checks. My last entry was prior to 2013 and a new passport as well.

As usual since online reporting started I tried a few times and as always I get the message to contact my local office.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Because I cannot do them.

I have no record in the database that the online reporting system checks. My last entry was prior to 2013 and a new passport as well.

As usual since online reporting started I tried a few times and as always I get the message to contact my local office.

If you don't try you will never succeed.

Two TV members have recently submitted online despite being locked out previously. The system has recently been changed and may work for you. You owe it to other members who might be in similar circumstances to discover whether it works.

The only thing you have to fear is fear itself.

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As I wrote I did try more than once and on different days. Same as it has been for over 5 years now.

Have you tried since Saturday 18 April which appears to be the day the software was being changed?

Smedly and I both tried many times and received blank screens before it finally succeeded.

The last time I went to CW I had a confrontation with IB officials because they claimed I had already reported on line whereas the truth was I tried a hundred times on both occasions and got only "go to your IB office" notice at that time. That happened on my last two visits to CW in November and February.

I suspect that the system does record every attempt at online reporting but until recently did not acknowledge or progress reports for people with new passports. That is why on my previous two visits to CW IB officials claimed I had already reported online and I told them that was not so because I had received no 'pending' notice, no 'approved' notice, and no 'next-appointment' notice.