Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

15 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

This one, after I hit "Submit":

1034198333_90dayerror.jpg.bc9f9fc91efeda5a817af7bba6343b4a.jpg

I don't think there's anything you can do about this as it seems to me to be a problem on Immigration's side.  In other words, to get to that stage I think you must have done everything correctly to the extent that the system checks the user's inputs.

An aside:  as a retired software developer it always bothered me to see software developed that hid from the user an explanation of what went wrong as it leaves the user in a position where they cannot possibly solve their own problem.  If the purpose of developing the online reporting facility was to relieve the burden of work for the immigration office staff then this kind of generic error reporting mechanism fails to support that purpose.  I guarantee that the precise reason the submission was rejected is known by the software, although the developers have not chosen to make that reason known to the user.

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Anyway, this time it didn't work. I'm sure everything was correct - used the dropdown menus for Nationality and Arrival date, but no joy.

Have you applied for a new extension of stay since your last report? Some people are having problems doing it online due to the online system not being updated. Same for doing a report in person and it not being entered.

The mobile app will alert you to either of those problems since it has different messages. It will either tell you that you are on overstay or give you a message you are not within the reporting window.

Edit: Links for mobile apps are in the first post of this topcic.

Edited by ubonjoe

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you applied for a new extension of stay since your last report? Some people are having problems doing it online due to the online system not being updated. Same for doing a report in person and it not being entered.

The mobile app will alert you to either of those problems since it has different messages. It will either tell you that you are on overstay or give you a message you are not within the reporting window.

Or you get this message which still will not allow you to do it online or via the app.

Screenshot_20210723-075824.jpg

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Or you get this message which still will not allow you to do it online or via the app.

That is what I was referring to in my post. It was a given that you would not be able to do the report.

At least it does not give you one message to contact your local office. It will only give you that message if you make an error on page one or their is a error in their records.

13 hours ago, skatewash said:

In other words, to get to that stage I think you must have done everything correctly to the extent that the system checks the user's inputs.

Yeah, I'm not sure the "system checks users inputs"?

I have completed online 90 day reporting ~ 25 times over the years - for myself and I help many others (neighbors and friends) to file.

Upon completing page 1, entering the Captcha, I click on "Submit", and before my mouse button has rebounded to its default position, the See Immigration message pops up. Unless "the system" is checking the data as it is being entered, there is no way a "check" is made in less than 1 second.

I haven't been able to file for myself online since I got a new passport in 2019. Yes, I tried everything, including the animal sacrifices.

For the others that I help there really is no pattern to the eventual DOS (See Imm msg). Sometimes it follows an ext stay renewal, other times it does not. Eventually though, one by one, I'm winnowing down the successful filings. Maybe one or two work now, all others fail. Tried one this week, report date 29 Jul, worked last time, no ext stay activity, failed this week.

• Thanks 1

I need to do a 90 day report in Pattaya soon but I'm now staying in Bangkok. Is it possible to travel from Bangkok to Pattaya via the motorway during the day at the moment. I realise the online service is always mentioned but I've tried it many times over the years and it's never worked for me. Thanks.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Edit: Links for mobile apps are in the first post of this topcic.

Wow! You are so smart!  ????

(You also told me a year or so ago how to get the drop down Arrival Date field to go back to 2002 and where to find the flight number from nearly 20 years ago in an old passport!)

Yes, I got the August 3rd Report Date as the "Free" one with my Extension that I did on May 6th.

By the way, the "new" link ( https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online ) goes to the same URL

as the old one:                      https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

I didn't download the app - I'll just turn up as usual at the "Drive-Thru" in Phuket Town next week.

I did just try to report again, and got the same result. And I also made a screenshot of my completed report and the failure message, so I'll print them out and take them with me to give to them. Maybe it'll trigger someone to do something about it!

Or maybe not.  shrug.gif.3749376db445eef8bd0dfa4ad612c070.gif

Hi, there. I'm in Bangkok for a while and need to do my 90-days. The online system appears to be down.

image.png.5abe865387359386dc6e107bcda0b6c2.png

(Did it online for years without any issue.)
Where do I need to go to get COVID?
The 90 days online forms says: Immigration Division 1 Office, Chalermprakiat Government Complex, Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi, Bangkok.
The immigration website says: Thai Immigration  T89/24 Popular Rd, Pak Kret District, Nonthaburi 11120.
Thanks!

18 minutes ago, SBA said:

The immigration website says: Thai Immigration  T89/24 Popular Rd, Pak Kret District, Nonthaburi 11120.
Thanks!

That is the temporary Muang Thong Thani office where 90 day reports are done.

You will have to change your address to Bangkok to do the report there. It will require at least a TM30 form submittal showing your Bangkok address.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is the temporary Muang Thong Thani office where 90 day reports are done.

You will have to change your address to Bangkok to do the report there. It will require at least a TM30 form submittal showing your Bangkok address.

Thanks, Joe. I'm staying in a hotel. Do you know if I need to go there with someone from the hotel to do the TM30?

40 minutes ago, SBA said:

Thanks, Joe. I'm staying in a hotel. Do you know if I need to go there with someone from the hotel to do the TM30?

The hotel should of  the the TM30 report online when you checked in. Ask them for a screenshot for proof it was done.

Immigration can check a database to confirm it was done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The hotel should of  the the TM30 report online when you checked in. Ask them for a screenshot for proof it was done.

Immigration can check a database to confirm it was done.

Thanks again, Joe. Take care!

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

<Snip>

I haven't been able to file for myself online since I got a new passport in 2019. Yes, I tried everything, including the animal sacrifices.

</Snip>

@mtls2005 I couldn't use the 90 day online service after getting a new passport in 2016. After I crossed a land border into Cambodia and re-entered Thailand using my new passport, I could use the 90 day online website once more. Presumably you have already entered the kingdom using your new passport?

11 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

@mtls2005 I couldn't use the 90 day online service after getting a new passport in 2016. After I crossed a land border into Cambodia and re-entered Thailand using my new passport, I could use the 90 day online website once more. Presumably you have already entered the kingdom using your new passport?

I had the same situation. 90 days worked until I got a new passport and never left the country and re-entered with it. A miracle happened when for no apparent reason and after a very long time it started to work again at the beginning of this year. But my happiness was short-lived. Now it does not work again. I think this is the immigration lottery. Sometimes you have luck but don't count on it. 

Edited by Mickeymaus

I just got back from doing my 90-day at Muang Thong Thani. Which of course took her 1min to process for my 1/2 day effort. 

After I got my receipt with the date for next 90-day - I said I've tried to do online and had copies of the msgs I get when do via the website and the app. Even had a printout where I highlighted my extension of stay date is incorrect as shown on the pop up screen when logging into the app. She shut me down immediately and said cannot do online now, doesn't work. Cannot use the app. Try again next time. I said they say that every time and this is the third trip this year I've had to make to do the 90-day. She just repeated cannot do online, doesn't work.

For next time in October I will do via registered mail. 

With my head hanging low as I walked out, I couldn't help but think something smells fishy. Maybe not having to do the 90-day check is the sweetener they will give for the rich retiree long-term visas starting at US$250,000. And worse, I thought maybe it's worth it just for this!

Does anyone know why the 90-day check even exists? 

16 minutes ago, nottin said:

Does anyone know why the 90-day check even exists? 

I believe that it was initially required as confirmation that you still live at the same address. However, at least in my neck of the woods, when one reports in person they do not ask for your current address (Tm47s are no longer required at my local Immigration Office).

Hi all, I just tried to do a 90 days report online, the website opens but I cant even click accept before the personal data page. Does this website shut down for weekends or is it just another Thai malfunction? Thanks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

Hi all, I just tried to do a 90 days report online, the website opens but I cant even click accept before the personal data page. Does this website shut down for weekends or is it just another Thai malfunction? Thanks.

You need to scroll all thee way down and pretend to read the text

17 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

Scroll down the page to tick the box.

image.png.65d4064bcfb9a0db67aa74c20d935acc.png

Seriously wouldn't you think that given the fact they are requesting for people to stay at home they would shut down all immigration offices. They might not care about us farangs but what about the people who work in these offices

6 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

I've followed all the things suggested and I entered my data. When I submitted I got the "contact your nearest office message."

There are many reasons for getting it.

An error when completing the info on page 1 is a common one. Only complete the required fields other than your first and middle name.

If not the above is that your most recent report in person was not entered in the system or you most recent extension of stay was not entered in the system causing the system to think you are on a overstay. If using the mobile app it informs you of those 2 problems.