Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

10 hours ago, watthong said:

By "an error in your address" do you mean what I typed in on-line might've been different than what's already in the "system?" If that's the case then if I moved (ie to a new therefore different address) then the submission would be "rejected?" Other than that I couldn't think of anything else, because if anything else did not match what's already in the system, my submission would not have gone through to "pending."

It could be a simple mistake.

For example selecting the wrong tambon (sub district) on the dropdown menu.

I have seen cased for Bangkok where one rejected and it was written in remark space that a TM30 had not been submitted.

10 hours ago, watthong said:

By "an error in your address" do you mean what I typed in on-line might've been different than what's already in the "system?" If that's the case then if I moved (ie to a new therefore different address) then the submission would be "rejected?" Other than that I couldn't think of anything else, because if anything else did not match what's already in the system, my submission would not have gone through to "pending."

Can confirm they want address exactly as reported previously.  I could not get xx (x/xx) numbers to work one time and just used the xx (here in Bangkok we have two number systems) - was accepted but noted if not corrected next time would be rejected.  System has not worked since so will make first try later this month. 

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Can confirm they want address exactly as reported previously. 

In other words, if moved since the last report then no way on-line reporting would be accepted, has to be done otherwise. On the other hand, it would be hard to tell how the address (reported previously) was entered in the system, since it would be the officer who did that, not us (we only wrote the address on the form.)

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It could be a simple mistake.

For example selecting the wrong tambon (sub district) on the dropdown menu.

I have seen cased for Bangkok where one rejected and it was written in remark space that a TM30 had not been submitted.

Thanks Joe, I resign to just schlepping down to the office for this chore, half a day spent.

I have a 'new' theory.  Maybe immigration failed to update the database for some of us - most of whom live in Bangkok. If one report was not input, then the system will constantly deny use of the website or indicate that we are on overstay. For those of you who know more about computer databases than  do - is this a possibility?

9 minutes ago, pookiki said:

I have a 'new' theory.  Maybe immigration failed to update the database for some of us - most of whom live in Bangkok. If one report was not input, then the system will constantly deny use of the website or indicate that we are on overstay. For those of you who know more about computer databases than  do - is this a possibility?

It appears most people affected by it had been doing 90 day reporting before until the had to do a report in person or by mail to Bangkok immigration when the extranet was down for about 2 months. For some unknown reason the online system was not updated to show the report done in person.

Those showing they are on overstay may of not been able to them online since their last extension and did not learn what the reason for the problem was until they used the mobile app.

I had to do a report in person to the office here in Ubon but I was still able to a online report in June. The next test for me will be doing my report in September after applying for my new extension in August.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It appears most people affected by it had been doing 90 day reporting before until the had to do a report in person or by mail to Bangkok immigration when the extranet was down for about 2 months. For some unknown reason the online system was not updated to show the report done in person.

Those showing they are on overstay may of not been able to them online since their last extension and did not learn what the reason for the problem was until they used the mobile app.

I had to do a report in person to the office here in Ubon but I was still able to a online report in June. The next test for me will be doing my report in September after applying for my new extension in August.

I will agree to disagree UbonJoe, Up until my last extension in October of last year I was able to use the online 90 day report.  Since then, my next report due after the last extension could not be done on-line and I appeared at MTT in person.  The IO, when i asked, indicated I should be able to do my next one and so on on-line again.  However when January came, I could not and had to go in person again.  Again I asked and was told that I could do it on-line the next time.  The the extranet went down and Aprils had to be done in person again.  This time with the extranet up as well as the phone app, still denied and instead of showing up coming up in 5 days I mailed it in, which will carry me until my next extension date.  Hopefully when I show up to do my extension the system will reset and I will be able to use the on-line system again.  My concern is not getting my mailed in 90 day report back and so I have copies of everything sent as well as the receipt of mailing and the EMS pages tracking showing it was received on Monday the 12th, just 7 days before my report is due.  My extension is due on the 19th of October.  Last year I did the 90 day on the same day i did my extension, and it was received on-line with no problems, so I have no idea what happened and why.

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I will agree to disagree UbonJoe,

What are you disagreeing with.

Evidently Bangkok immigration has not been updating the online reporting site when extensions were done for some time now.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What are you disagreeing with.

Evidently Bangkok immigration has not been updating the online reporting site when extensions were done for some time now.

I would like to believe the IO I dealt with at MTT since I have known him for years, the issue apparently may be that their is another issue, as they left out an internal program switch which should look at a persons entire information input into the system, much like the BMW smart car does.  But hey it is what it is, and as you say maybe they did not update a section on the extension of stay screen when it was entered.

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I will agree to disagree UbonJoe, Up until my last extension in October of last year I was able to use the online 90 day report.  Since then, my next report due after the last extension could not be done on-line and I appeared at MTT in person.  The IO, when i asked, indicated I should be able to do my next one and so on on-line again.  However when January came, I could not and had to go in person again.  Again I asked and was told that I could do it on-line the next time.  The the extranet went down and Aprils had to be done in person again.  This time with the extranet up as well as the phone app, still denied and instead of showing up coming up in 5 days I mailed it in, which will carry me until my next extension date.  Hopefully when I show up to do my extension the system will reset and I will be able to use the on-line system again.  My concern is not getting my mailed in 90 day report back and so I have copies of everything sent as well as the receipt of mailing and the EMS pages tracking showing it was received on Monday the 12th, just 7 days before my report is due.  My extension is due on the 19th of October.  Last year I did the 90 day on the same day i did my extension, and it was received on-line with no problems, so I have no idea what happened and why.

The explanation given to me by the IB, which UbonJoe rejected, is that once a person's data is transferred to the IB's new database -- which does not currently support online reporting** -- the record in that old database, on which online reporting depends, will not be updated to reflect current status.  There lies the root of the problem with incorrect messaging.  The trigger for transferring data (irreversibly) to the new system may well be a visa extension.  If so, I would predict that 'happy days' of online reporting for some Bangkok folks, whose data were previously maintained in the old system, will then be over.  The exception to the rule is people living in provinces whose IB offices continue to use old computers and the old database.  My assumption is that: because these old IB computers do not have software that allows them to use the new system/database, their records in the old database continue to be updated, allowing them to continue to report online (perhaps even after a visa extension).  ** The problem for those whose data have already been transferred to the new system could be resolved at any time with a software upgrade that fully integrates online reporting into the new system, but when this happens is a question of IB budget and priorities.

Perhaps we could write a letter to the PM or to the ministry and ask why we are forced to go to the Immigration at Covid times if an obviously not perfect online system exists. The Android app has a rating you don't see often at apps. 

16262545295880.jpg

14 hours ago, jsnuk said:

The explanation given to me by the IB, which UbonJoe rejected, is that once a person's data is transferred to the IB's new database -- which does not currently support online reporting** -- the record in that old database, on which online reporting depends, will not be updated to reflect current status.  There lies the root of the problem with incorrect messaging.  The trigger for transferring data (irreversibly) to the new system may well be a visa extension.  If so, I would predict that 'happy days' of online reporting for some Bangkok folks, whose data were previously maintained in the old system, will then be over.  The exception to the rule is people living in provinces whose IB offices continue to use old computers and the old database.  My assumption is that: because these old IB computers do not have software that allows them to use the new system/database, their records in the old database continue to be updated, allowing them to continue to report online (perhaps even after a visa extension).  ** The problem for those whose data have already been transferred to the new system could be resolved at any time with a software upgrade that fully integrates online reporting into the new system, but when this happens is a question of IB budget and priorities.

Well I have a mixed bag also... just to compound things.
During my last Visa extension [retirement non-O] the 1st & 3rd 90 day report worked online, the 2nd & 4th did not, [it would not progress beyond first page]

All using exactly the same information. 

Early this month I renewed my visa for another year July 2021/2022

Next month Aug my 1st 90 day report will be due, I'll wait to see what works.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Well I have a mixed bag also... just to compound things.
During my last Visa extension [retirement non-O] the 1st & 3rd 90 day report worked online, the 2nd & 4th did not, [it would not progress beyond first page]

All using exactly the same information. 

Early this month I renewed my visa for another year July 2021/2022

Next month Aug my 1st 90 day report will be due, I'll wait to see what works.

Imagine how boring this would be if you know that it will always work. Now you have excitement and hope. A lot of entertainment especially if it doesn't work. 

On 7/13/2021 at 8:29 PM, watthong said:

By "an error in your address"

Sorry, where does the address go?  ????

Must be on that elusive page 2 I can never get to. ????

How I long to enter the wrong address, and get rejected.

A quick update on my posts on the previous page. (Couldn't use online, app says I'm overstaying).

As many of you probably already know, the reason is (as expected). According to the nice IO I spoke with, he informed me that one of his colleagues may have forgotten to enter my extension into the system. As this is the case I won't be able to use the online services.  I asked him if the problem could be rectified, twice, but each time he just seemed to repeat the problem. I then gave up, took my new extension date and went on my merry way.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, seam0nster said:

he informed me that one of his colleagues may have forgotten to enter my extension into the system

I don't think that is the case , unless the same guy works in different immigration districts.

It has to be a fault in the system .

If it was a case of human error , why couldn't they put they put the information in when you asked . ( I had the same problem at my office ) 

Nobody appears to be bothered.

Edited by NE1
  • Sad 1

Can I suggest that you post the following links and/or images to your local Immigration website (if you have one).

You never know, it may have an effect:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-drive-thru-opens-69435.php

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/drive-thru-immigration-service-officially-launched

361640861_Drivethru800.jpg.d8588e05f60b9cc650bdbb183c712b1c.jpg

Edited by ubonjoe
removed link to Bangkok Post (forum rule)

I just discovered that I'm one of the lucky ones who used to do online 90-days without any problem but then had to  go to MTT in April when the online reporting was down. I can't get past the first page when trying to do my 90-day report now. So a trip to lovely MTT it is.

If anyone who's been recently can confirm if the vans from Mo Chit BTS/Chatuchak MRT to Impact are still running, and if an online appointment is still required, that would be a big help.

Thanks.

Air con bus 166 runs from Vic monument right to MTT via expressway. It's a 5 min walk from the 166 terminus to the 90 day office.

Better personal space on a bus than a "white coffin".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rockedbottom said:

If anyone who's been recently can confirm if the vans from Mo Chit BTS/Chatuchak MRT to Impact are still running, and if an online appointment is still required, that would be a big help.

I cannot help with first part.

At this time a appointment cannot be required since the appointment site has been down since June 24th.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Terek said:

App gives popup :  "Permit date on your passport must not overstay. Otherwise, you can contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area."  WFT it means? not working why?

That means your last extension application was not entered in the online data base.

You should see this message when you open the app. It will show your permit to stay date before you did your last extension if it was not entered.

image.png.220bdf9eecc11d456bf11bfe9a4a85db.png

I received approval and receipt for 90-day reporting by mail 44 days after the Immigration Bureau received my 90-day report-by-mail submission.

The incompetence of the Immigration Bureau 90-day report operation is a disgrace.

Edited by Advocate

8 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Online is working fine in Rayong, did my last extension in April so this was my first report on that extension, sent it in this morning and hour and a half latter it was approved

Have you ever used the imm eservice app on a mobile phone at all ?

I have used the Imm eservice app. and now I can't do the online report as it says I am on overstay.

I was just wondering , if people who have never used the app. are the people still able to use the web site for online reporting , as there would not be any conflict.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That means your last extension application was not entered in the online data base.

You should see this message when you open the app. It will show your permit to stay date before you did your last extension if it was not entered.

image.png.220bdf9eecc11d456bf11bfe9a4a85db.png

So how to fix it? I don't see this message either.  Web service also not working.  Usually I'm doing 90 days through Thailand Elite,  but now I'm out of city.

7 minutes ago, Terek said:

So how to fix it? I don't see this message either.  Web service also not working.  Usually I'm doing 90 days through Thailand Elite,  but now I'm out of city.

The office that issued your extension should be able to correct it but many say they cannot do anything about it.

You could mail in your report if you could mail it to the office your are reporting to by 7 days before your report date. Which office are you reporting to.