Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

The website has been down all afternoon today. (http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do)

I was able to log onto the site this morning but no joy in the afternoon.

(Incidentally, you can always check to see if a website is down - or if it's just you having the problem - by checking it at www.isup.me)

The website has been down all afternoon today. (http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do)

I was able to log onto the site this morning but no joy in the afternoon.

(Incidentally, you can always check to see if a website is down - or if it's just you having the problem - by checking it at www.isup.me)

Yea...I just tried it at 5:10pm today and no-joy reaching the page. Tried with IE11 and Chrome. I'm in Bangkok on True.

I cannot get on either. Perhaps they are doing maintenance on it.
I tried using the button to it on the immigration website and it goes to a different address now. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online but i get a "Your connection is not private" warning and it puts a red slash through https:. I can get around that by pasting in extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online and get "This webpage is not available".

So it seems they are working on it.

In the end it is no higher risk to go around the security warnings (exceptional rule for once).

Not worse than before without encryption.

I tried it (with IE) and got to the known content.

Went through to check my status (11/06/2015 Approved).

Technically they have implemented SSL, but have no official certificate (self certified).

Kind of an "experimental status".

On the other hand the self certification is issued for four years tongue.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

In the end it is no higher risk to go around the security warnings (exceptional rule for once).

Not worse than before without encryption.

I tried it (with IE) and got to the known content.

Went through to check my status (11/06/2015 Approved).

Technically they have implemented SSL, but have no official certificate (self certified).

Kind of an "experimental status".

On the other hand the self certification is issued for four years tongue.png

A Thai self certification that their system is secure...scary especially when frequently hearing about about supposedly secure western sites--to include the U.S. govt--being hacked.

Well, as said: not unsafer than before where about every man in the middle could listen.

Some posters refused to use the system at all for that reason.

So at least not worse than before.

The authenticity is proofed well enough for me, when I see my record from 11 June.

Just retried (12:56h) with IE and it works when ignoring the safety warning.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online

Looks there is another problem with DNS or the like blink.png

I have ToT fibre.

The IP address of the site is a ToT address (118.174.40.243) whistling.gif

Resized screenshot (FF in the background, IE in the foreground).

The red URL line indicates the "certificate error".

post-99794-0-49479400-1435816492_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

Early this morning it was not working.

There has been further discussion in this topic. Immigration Site down ?

Only the new address is working in IE if you bypass the security warning. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online

You can access it in Chrome or Fire Fox but if is not possible to fill in the info for step 1 unless you have installed an extension for IE now. The notice about needing IE keeps coming up.

Submitted 90 day on-line report at 07:30 am on 1 July. Used Chrome browser, cut/pasted URL into new window.

Application accepted, it's been in "pending" status since then. Given that most "success" stories show approval within a day or so - and given that CM Immigration is moving offices on 20 July - I'll probably cancel my on-line report and mail it in if I haven't received approval by Monday, 6 July.

My 90 day report is due on 15 July.

Just to put things in perspective.

The cost of the highest standard SSL security certificate, single domain but all bell and whistles including multiple servers and browser green bar, is about USD 170 per year.

Personally If I had to report i would not care about spies in the middle, and would prefer a working non-secure site over any non-working.

• Like 2

I just tried it for the first time. Firefox on Linux is no good, so I used IE under Win7 in a VirtualBox. Filling the form works, even the Captcha is ok. After sending the form, nothing happens (except IE complaining about the certificate problem). I will go to the office tomorrow, this online stuff will maybe work in 10 years bah.gif

I just tried it for the first time. Firefox on Linux is no good, so I used IE under Win7 in a VirtualBox. Filling the form works, even the Captcha is ok. After sending the form, nothing happens (except IE complaining about the certificate problem). I will go to the office tomorrow, this online stuff will maybe work in 10 years bah.gif

It will work on Firefox but you need to install an agent switcher.

It works fine for me with IE after getting the first security warning and telling it to go ahead and load the page.

Many people have done it successfully and got the receipt for their report.

I tried to use it on Internet Explorer. Once I filled out the form and hit the Submit, I got a message telling me to contact my residential immigration office. This is the second time I have tried to use this service and it has failed. I tried it 3 months ago with the same results. I do not like having to spend a whole day in Immigration to get a stamp that takes 2 minutes.

I tried to use it on Internet Explorer. Once I filled out the form and hit the Submit, I got a message telling me to contact my residential immigration office. This is the second time I have tried to use this service and it has failed. I tried it 3 months ago with the same results. I do not like having to spend a whole day in Immigration to get a stamp that takes 2 minutes.

As I have written before that it means your record cannot be found, Just go back few posts and you will find info about it,

I get the same message because my last entry was in 2008 and I have also gotten a new passport since then.

More than likely there is an error in the database the system accesses.

Double check that you entered your passport number, date of birth and nationality correctly when you tried to do the application.

Well first time success for me to report online for Koh Samui Immigration - make sure and use all caps and use the drop down menus for dates and addresses. But from submission to approval was under 2 hours. Can't believe it really, I might have to go buy a lottery ticket!

Thanks for the report. It helps to see positive reports.

Also good inews for the those reporting to Samui.

Got the approval a few moments ago. Had applied 30/06/15 checked 03/07/15 and the site was down , but found it had new URL and other changes and got the approval.

(New address without a forwarding link is dumb, could have done it by changing DNS records or leaving server at old URL and a link.)

Would prefer that the security for HTTPS was properly addressed - but as the paper records are handled insecurely - copies of TM47 on the back of somebodies passport identity page for example - it hardly matters.

New version seems even more intolerant of any browser except the Zombie IE but IEtab does it for Chrome.

My passport was issued 2007 and I last entered Thailand June 2014 - my office Hua Hin.

Glad not to waste time and money going to office.

All in all I would rate the website as quite good for 1995. The implementation as some decades before that.

Bangkok 90-Day application. Entered Thailand December 4, 2014. Made one 90-day report by mail. Next one due July 20. I tried the online system the last few days and could not get past the first page. However this morning at 8:30 (July 6) I was able to complete the application and received approved status email at 4:15. I used Internet Explorer 11. Wonderful system when it works!

Faz,

Good, good info. Thanks.

Since I last entered in 2008 I guess I'm out of luck for online reporting until I maybe exit and reenter in the future. I'm one of the many folks who can't get past the first page...I just get that pop-up message saying visit my local immigration office.

Durn shame they don't setup something at the immigration offices allowing folks who last entered pre-2013 to get their data into the new database. Don't understand why they couldn't do it by using data from a person's next 90 day report done in person or by mail, especially for the folks who do it in person. But I realize that would take some effort on their part. Heck, even though I've renewed/got a new passport since my entry in 2008 I still have the old passport and the airline flight number tab. If they don't try to get pre-2013 entry folks entered into the new database, they are going to have a ton of people who can never use the system, will continue to bitch about it giving it bad press, etc. Preaching to the choir I know.

Thanks again for the good crossfeed.

Pib

• Like 1

As I said Pib, they are working on software to allow transferring details from the 'old' to the 'new' system, but they are trying to solve the easier issues first. The information on a 90 day report wouldn't be sufficient details for the fields.

They could do it manually when doing extensions because then they have all the details, but that would take at least 30 minutes per person and only if the officer had the time, knowledge and confidence to do it.

Could you imagine the riots at Chiang Mai for instance!

When you enter Thailand only the very basic but most important details are recorded on the central system.

When you do your first extension at an Immigration office further details are added to their local records.

When you do an online application only your basic details are checked (as ubon joe has mentioned many times).

If your details don't match, you'll get a report to Immigration message (or pre 2013 you won't be on the system)

Once it is accepted and pending, it can be seen by your local Imm office who then cross check further details they have.

If they don't match (different address for example) then you will get a rejection.

If everything is ok you'll get an 'approved'

Even after 2013, one spelling error and it rejects it at one of the two stages. Those are the errors they are currently trying to correct but it can only be done when you attend your local office to do an extension.

It also relies on expats correctly completing their paperwork and following the rules, such as TM28 when changing address, not just a new address on a TM7 (as was one case today).

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback...but I can't image why it would take 30 minutes per person to put in information such as passport number, name, entry date, flight number, etc. Nope, just can't image why it would take 30 minutes...3 minutes maybe, but not 30 minutes. But I know you are just relaying info they have told you. Thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback...but I can't image why it would take 30 minutes per person to put in information such as passport number, name, entry date, flight number, etc. Nope, just can't image why it would take 30 minutes...3 minutes maybe, but not 30 minutes. But I know you are just relaying info they have told you. Thanks again.

They 3 minutes data entry and 27 minutes checking the entry. Like getting change at 7/11.

• Like 1