Thai Foreign Min: Use of article 44 requires no clarification to foreign countries

webfact

So I guess the ICJ missed that section 44 is part of the Interim Constitution which was formally accepted as law on the 22 of July, 2014. Wasn't it 'obvious' to anyone that lifting Martial Law would make the constitution applicable in all it's "glory" ?

If people are still subject to military courts for civilian offenses, martial law is still in effect. Giving new powers a number and calling them a an "article" is same same but not really all that different.

Ah, you complain about a different interpretation of Interim Constitution article 44, about laws on top of and based on the Constitution.

Personally I think that if 'people' were more cooperative in providing input for the new constitution that would be more worthwhile. Mind you, most members here can't as foreigners are not invited.

So yeah, I complain., civilians subject to military courts are still under martial law.

Here is some personal input: One person one vote. No military intervention. An end to beer and other monopolies given to elites. Freedom of speech and the press.

So I guess the ICJ missed that section 44 is part of the Interim Constitution which was formally accepted as law on the 22 of July, 2014. Wasn't it 'obvious' to anyone that lifting Martial Law would make the constitution applicable in all it's "glory" ?

If people are still subject to military courts for civilian offenses, martial law is still in effect. Giving new powers a number and calling them a an "article" is same same but not really all that different.

Ah, you complain about a different interpretation of Interim Constitution article 44, about laws on top of and based on the Constitution.

Personally I think that if 'people' were more cooperative in providing input for the new constitution that would be more worthwhile. Mind you, most members here can't as foreigners are not invited.

So yeah, I complain., civilians subject to military courts are still under martial law.

Here is some personal input: One person one vote. No military intervention. An end to beer and other monopolies given to elites. Freedom of speech and the press.

One person, one vote - done

No military invention - in progress

Monopolies - Open markets by adapting / rewriting various laws - (very slowly) ongoing

Freedom of speech / freedom of the press - in progress

Education - in progress

Reforms - in progress

Edited by rubl

Monopolies - Open markets by adapting / rewriting various laws - (very slowly) ongoing

Education - in progress

Reforms - in progress

I agree, all of these things have been done.

Unfortunately, just not in thailand....

Education - in progress

Reforms - in progress

Military courts trying ordinary citizens -- on going

Martial law -- on going

Monopolies given to elitist elements -- never ending