Seven million rai of Sor Por Kor land to be reclaimed from landlords

webfact

Seven million rai of Sor Por Kor land to be reclaimed from landlords

7-4-2558-16-46-01-wpcf_728x407.jpg

BANGKOK: -- About 20 percent of 35 million rai of Sor Por Kor (Land Reform for Agriculture) land or seven million rai are now owned by big landlords, said Mr Sansern Atjudmanas, secretary-general of the Land Reform for Agriculture Office, today.

He added that in Chachoengsao province alone, one landlord owns up to 100,000 rai of the Sor Por Kor land

He disclosed that the military recently told him that they or the National Council for Peace and Order wanted these huge plots of land to be reclaimed and reallocated to the landless poor farmers.

These landlords will be invited to meet with him and the military to be told of the wish of the military to reclaim the land for redistribution to the poor, said Mr Sansern, adding that his office would also sue some of the landlords in the courts to reclaim the Sor Por Kor land.

He said that encroachment of Sor Por Kor land was widespread in Pak Chong and Wang Nam Khiew districts of Nakhon Ratchasima, Chiang Mai, Kanchanaburi, Kamphaeng Phet, Uthai Thani, Chiang Rai, Chanthaburi and some southern provinces.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/seven-million-rai-of-sor-por-kor-land-to-be-reclaimed-from-landlords

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-07

I was about to say the government now has my respect for going after all the land grabbers big and small.

Until it said only some of them will be going to court. The rest will have a quiet chat and discreetly hand back all those millions of rai of land.

Unlike the bonanza crew that will go to court for 103 rai.

• Like 1

talking is fine but its the actions we need before we can say well done. Lets see these corrupt owners have all their assets seized, compensation in the millions taken from it and then thrown in jail, until then it is simply spin

You are just forgetting, that without the original holders of this land illegally selling the land, no crime would ever have been committed.

The present owners actually paid money (peanuts) for the land, they didn't steal it!!

So the guys who should be headed for jail here, are those who sold the Kings land.

And now they are going to repeat it all over again, giving land to landless farmers(!!) and in 10 years time it will all belong to big landlords again. Only this time they will be wearing yellow shirts!!

For sure it is no coincidence that the crackdowns are only taking place in the North and North East, while Mr Suthep & Co are left alone!!

cant help yourself can you, I suggest you try reading the op again as it says north and south but that would take away all your ammo hey, you really are getting pathetic these days with your innuendo and red garbage plus now you are no longer able to understand basic english, maybe I should feel sorry for you. You do realize that they have been saying for a while now that all the land given out will still belong to the govt & will not be able to be sold dont you or did you forget that too in your rush to run down those yellows or actually its anyone that isnt a red going by what you say.

• Like 2

talking is fine but its the actions we need before we can say well done. Lets see these corrupt owners have all their assets seized, compensation in the millions taken from it and then thrown in jail, until then it is simply spin

You are just forgetting, that without the original holders of this land illegally selling the land, no crime would ever have been committed.

The present owners actually paid money (peanuts) for the land, they didn't steal it!!

So the guys who should be headed for jail here, are those who sold the Kings land.

And now they are going to repeat it all over again, giving land to landless farmers(!!) and in 10 years time it will all belong to big landlords again. Only this time they will be wearing yellow shirts!!

For sure it is no coincidence that the crackdowns are only taking place in the North and North East, while Mr Suthep & Co are left alone!!

cant help yourself can you, I suggest you try reading the op again as it says north and south but that would take away all your ammo hey, you really are getting pathetic these days with your innuendo and red garbage plus now you are no longer able to understand basic english, maybe I should feel sorry for you. You do realize that they have been saying for a while now that all the land given out will still belong to the govt & will not be able to be sold dont you or did you forget that too in your rush to run down those yellows or actually its anyone that isnt a red going by what you say.

Relax man!!

Next time try to reply to my post instead of attacking me..........

You do realize that they have been saying for a while now that all the land given out will still belong to the govt & will not be able to be sold

Which is exactly the way it has been the whole time, which hasn't stopped the land from being sold/transferred!!

• Like 1

And the good deeds and decisions are pouring in every day.

Does any of the TVF members listen to what is happening or the needle has stuck on.......we want democracy, we want democracy......................

Wake up, fellow members, democracy will come when this country is ready to accept it.

For the moment is a lot to be done and this government is dealing with it and delivering.thumbsup.gif

Costas dear fellow this is only headline publicity for those near and dear to your heart the ruling government. This is the last we will ever hear on this subject.

• Like 2

Does any of the TVF members listen to what is happening or the needle has stuck on.......we want democracy, we want democracy......................

Wake up, fellow members, democracy will come when this country is ready to accept it.

For the moment is a lot to be done and this government is dealing with it and delivering.thumbsup.gif

Who and how to decide when Thailand is ready for it?

Its a bit like having babies. No one is ever 100% ready for it. you just have to do it.....

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

They wont let a Farang buy a small plot of land to build a home for

his family, because they would leave no land for the poor,this report

proves its not Farangs they need to worry about but rich ,influential Thais

who grab all the land.

regards worgeordie

Agreed, I believe that in Malaysia, that a falang is allowed to buy property, on condition that the value is more than USD100,000. (something along these lines).

One thing that gets me is that, broadly-speaking, Thai people (or any other foreign national) can buy-up half of London if they want to!

My MIL holds 50 rai under this premise occupancy for farming so I did take the time to look in to history and politics of the Sor Kor Por schemes a couple of years ago.

The PM has shown that his performance when acting proactively is far better than when the situation is reactive. Given that the land has already been identified I suspect that this is in the proactive basket of decisions and policies. I believe that the proposed actions will bring happiness to some people but its contribution to reconciliation is open to question. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Revisiting the scheme in the political debate could damage the Democrats /supporters through the original scheme, its reintroduction, allocation of land and any subsequent acquisition. Equally it could be damaging to the PTP / supporters especially in the context of the acquisition of land through loan sharking and the impact of the rice scheme on the poorest of the poor. Some of these issues are related to the Government writing off bad loans to farmers.

• Like 2

I was about to say the government now has my respect for going after all the land grabbers big and small.

Until it said only some of them will be going to court. The rest will have a quiet chat and discreetly hand back all those millions of rai of land.

If they hand it back, why take them to court?

If they refuse to hand it back, would not the courts be the correct procedure to reclaim the land?

Bonanza are claiming that they own the land legitimately. Hence court. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the Sor Por Kor land in this topic, it is forest encroachment.

Edited by halloween
  • Like 1

If they hand it back, why take them to court?

If they refuse to hand it back, would not the courts be the correct procedure to reclaim the land?

Bonanza are claiming that they own the land legitimately. Hence court. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the Sor Por Kor land in this topic, it is forest encroachment.

I wonder if the "10 officials" that were claimed to be the major cause of the land issues in a recent thread are connected with this?

The way that the land was acquired and the way in which the land has been used differs - thus some case will go to court and some will not. While it would be nice to see all cases go to court the implications for the justice system would render this impracticable both logistically and in proving criminal conduct.

You are correct to differentiate between the Sor Kor Por land issues and Bonanza. Sor Kor Por land was already degraded and was provided for landless farmers to use for agriculture. Bonanza land was not degraded until they used it for non agricultural purposes. Very different

You're right. They're just going to sell the lands back to the same so called rich people.

Costas dear fellow this is only headline publicity for those near and dear to your heart the ruling government. This is the last we will ever hear on this subject.

Warin Buawiratlert is that you? I thought the PM told you to stop your antics :D

good on the prime minister for seizing land from these land grabbers and handing it over to the poor farmers

I think the PM should change his name to Robin Hood who stole from the rich and gave to the poor

a legend in his time ....and this PM will be a legend too if he keeps up the promises to get Thailand back on track and removes the scammers

Giving a poor farmer a small plot of land will ensure one thing - that they remain poor, unless they sell it. Which is apparently illegal and against the spirit of the scheme.

Hmmm, peppercorn leasing perhaps, but what stops the "poor" farmer sub-leasing it?

BTW just how that man with wider vision than us poor fools works out that the land will belong to the RTA is a mystery.

• Like 1

So far the government has promised to deal with all sorts of situations, but is there any sign of this actually happening?

lol, the arguments from PT supporters against the Junta are getting thinner and more desperate as time goes on and all their predictions of what Prauyth intends to do never happen.

Face up to the facts : the Junta are genuinely trying to help the poor and all you can do is try to bring it down.

Is 'spin' the best you can manage now ?. And do you seriously think that Farang who grew up in real democracies and are well educated are the ones who have got it wrong, whereas you who grew up in an environment of corruption and cheating carry the baton of truth ?. Did it ever occur to you that there is no need for the Junta to do any of this. They don't have to worry about re-election or popularity : they are out as soon as elections are called whatever.

You people need to wake up to the fact that your greed, bitterness and jealousy is Thailand's big problem. You are not the solution for all the troubles, you are the cause.

JOC...... are you really stupid or just a wind-up.... The title deeds were sold onto these rich persons by corrupt officials at the Land Office.. The land was never in the possession of the poor peoples... Get off your high horse and get over the fact that Thaksin, your hero has gone and will NOT be coming home alive..! whistling.gif

• Like 2