Why do thai families sit around beach road meeting foreigners?

tuonsai

I've observed this phenomenon. Thai people in groups that look like families, sitting around on beach road, making eye contact and actually wanting to meet me (Single white male in my 30's). When we started talking they did not offer me anything, so I didn't know why they wanted to start the conversation and left. Often late at night. The women are usually old, fat and ugly and seem to be with their kids, or husbands or whatever and just sit there all day meeting foreigners I assume, as normal people do not make eye contact or talk to strangers like this. What the hell is going on? What do they want from me? I hope it's not child prostitution. Could someone enlighten?

Thanks

Edited by tuonsai

2 choices here sit at home and spend money on electric,watching tv,or enjoy the somewhat fresh air and interact with others,you have to remember here most live in small rooms with maybe 4 to 5 other people,not pleasant if they all awake.

• Like 1

Smile, walk on, don't rack your brain about it.

Some of them work as fortune tellers/reading the cards/palm reading.

Mostly for the hookers on the beach.

Maybe they are looking for farang customers

Others might be pimping "their girls", watching out, preparing food.

Beach Road is a "commercial ecosystem" which not only feeds the hookers.

Edited by KhunBENQ

maybe they are just friendly or curious and want to interact with some people from a foreign land. maybe they are people watching and enjoying getting any type of reaction from a foreigner

+1...Not everything has a bad angle to it.

• Like 1