Half of resorts on Koh Tao face eviction

Thaivisa News

"He said the plots were designated for residential use for island settlers some 30 years ago. But a large number of plots had been subleased to resort operators, he said."

And there has been no-one for the last 30 years with the responsibility to make sure that illegal development didn't occur??? They just made the rules and walked away did they?

It would be nice to think that those in positions of responsibility would be held accountable for the current mess.

Many were NOT sublet. Many plots were sold illegally for tens of millions of baht. How do you think the five families established their fortunes, which run into the hundreds of millions of dollars?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll believe it when I see it. Was once such a beautiful place and now it's the backpacker murder capital. [emoji20]

This is what happens when just a couple of Thai families have unbridled control. They should be disenfranchised and sent back to where they came from.

I have a better solution. Take away their land, size their fortunes, revoke their passports, and deport them to Vietnam or North Korea.

Which half?

The half owned by one family or the others?

Don't worry, the time has come for all of them to pay what is due for a long time.

Give some credit to this government for their efforts to clear this country from these verminthumbsup.gif

Costas, could you give us an example in which the government has succeeded so far.

went to extend the visa, offered up the usual incentive and was told we don't do that in this office any more.