Online 90 day reporting and change of address

Do you honestly think anyone submits a TM-28 form when staying away from home for 24 hours?

So I go to the family home for 3 days at Song Kran and I have to go to immigration and give them a TM-28 form and have mother in law fill out a TM-30 form to submit to them just in case?

Of course they are closed for the holidays so there is no way I could go to immigration but I do find one cop soaked from the people shooting water and do you think he is going to take my TM-28 and TM-30 for my 3 day visit to the in laws home?

I have never met anyone on a retirement extension who has ever filled out a TM-28 form. You do the change of address when you get the next extension. Or are you guys ln a different reality?

TM28 is only needed for a permanent change of address.

No, when you go visit the family and stay more than 24 hours you should inform the local police within 48 hours not immigration. No TM28 or TM30 required.

Then I assume no one you know has ever reported a COA. And?

Yes, that is an option. Just lie on your 90 report about your address and wait until the next extension. No argument there!

TM-28 form says, "

FORM FOR ALIENS TO NOTIFY THEIR CHANGE OF ADDRESS

OR THEIR STAY IN THE PROVINCE FOR OVER 24 HOURS.

Does that not mean you need to report a stay in the province for over 24 hours?

Ok. I just learnt something!

Yes by law you are supposed to report to the police if you stay in the province more than 24 hours. But in reality no one does and neither immigration, nor the police enforce it. And if you turned up at a local police station with a TM28 in hand they'd probably not know what to do with it.

I honestly don't know what you guys are trying to pull. The thread is not abut a marriage extension. There is no requirement to fill out a TM 30 at a 90 day address reporting for any address reporting that I know of. I have never heard of anyone being asked to produce a TM- 30 at any immigration office that I go to to report my address for an extension based or retirement.

I'll start a thread about it. Feel free to participate.

i have never been asked before, not once in 10 years , but i was today ,