White South African man arrested for selling drug in Bangkok

Thaivisa News

Bangkok:- A 52-year-old white South African man has been arrested for allegedly selling ‘ice’ drug, ecstasy and ketamine pills as well as cocaine and sedative pills to patrons of gay bars in Patpong and Silom areas.

Police from Yannawa police station and officers from the Third Cavalry Battalion arrested Roland Van Del Brox at his room on the 34th floor of the Silom Suite Condo on Soi Sathorn 12 off North Sathorn in Bangkok’s Bang Rak district at 10 am.

The officials seized 151.35 grams of crystal methamphetamine or ‘ice”, 59 ecstasy pills, 2.13 grams of cocaine, 203 Alprazolam strong sedative pills, and 2,550 grams of gamma-hydroxybutyrate or GHB date rape drug from his room.

Brox and the drug were presented at a press conference on Saturday.

The joint operation of police and troops was made after officials have learned from tips-off that the white South African man has been selling the drug to patrons of gay bars on Soi Patpong and on Silom Road for some time.

The man told police that he has been living in Thailand for five years. He said he initially bought drug from bars in the area and he decided to sell the drug himself last year.

He said he got the drug from a Myanmar man for pushing in the bar. He said the drug sold very well during the long Songkran holidays.

Police charged Brox with having the first and second categories of narcotics and the second category of drug that affects the nerve in possession with intent to sell.

He said he got the drug from a Myanmar man for pushing in the bar. He said the drug sold very well during the long Songkran holidays.

Can't believe that anybody selling drugs and gettin' busted would make such a statement. facepalm.gif

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2000/1201/p2478.html

Might be worth to read through...

With a little knowledge of chemistry, GHB can be easily synthesized from readily obtainable materials. The manufacturing of GHB can be a lucrative business, with an initial investment of $800 having a comparative street value of approximately $92,000.2

Edited by lostinisaan

"Why insist on the whiteness?"

Perhaps anytime there is a search in Sukkhumvit soi 5 or 7 (called soi Africa) targetting black people for drugs and finding nothing unless a few visa cases, some people still beat the drum about them being bad people per se?

Maybe? Just a thought... :-)

• Like 2

White South African... I guess that means he wasn't black. What is the purpose of this headline? To distinguish between colour? I simply don't get it.

Black Africans have a bad reputation here for being involved in criminal activities, so why not mention that the seller in this case is white?

His color has nothing to do with this crime and neither does his national origins.

• Like 2

White South African... I guess that means he wasn't black. What is the purpose of this headline? To distinguish between colour? I simply don't get it.

Black Africans have a bad reputation here for being involved in criminal activities, so why not mention that the seller in this case is white?

I have lived here a long time, and what I can tell you is that the Thai reputation is even worse. None of it can even begin happen without a cop taking a payoff.

• Like 1

"The officials seized.........2,550 grams of gamma-hydroxybutyrate or GHB date rape drug from his room."

So that's over 2kg of this?

That can't be right, 2 kilos!

in number of countries (e.g. all over continental Europe) a comma is used as "decimal point" i.e. 2,550 grams = 2.55 grams.

• Like 1

His color has nothing to do with this crime and neither does his national origins.

But a headline that reads "bloke arrested for selling drugs" doesn't really work does it?

I suppose you have a point there, if your in the business of selling headlines. However, if that's the limited focus of your journalism and craft, then I suppose that the Sun would hire you in an instant.

"The officials seized.........2,550 grams of gamma-hydroxybutyrate or GHB date rape drug from his room."

So that's over 2kg of this?

That can't be right, 2 kilos!

in number of countries (e.g. all over continental Europe) a comma is used as "decimal point" i.e. 2,550 grams = 2.55 grams.

News to me.

Never seen that before and I know that if you use a comma instead of a decimal point in primary school maths, then the answer is wrong.

Plus, all the other measures given in the OP had a decimal point, not a comma.

Though if that is correct, the amount makes more sense.

Not in a moral sense of course, but just in terms of the amounts found.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2