Suvarnabhumi says Chinese allowed to play cards at airport

webfact

Sulapon Yok Klnchamchoy is either a devout moron, or a troll. Either way a waste of space and an oxygen thief as well.

Sulapon Yok Klnchamchoy could be an alias for who has now generated another 'hot' thread on TV and earned his commissions.

"Dear Chinese!" Sulapon wrote. "This is an airport. You play cards in the middle of an airport? Have some respect. Don't think you can just do anything! #PleaseShare."

Completely blind racist moron!

Completely blind racist nationalist moron!

Thais and Chinese are the same race, Asian.

Not really any such racial category as 'Asian', is there. Indians, Arabs, and Israelis are all Asian. Russia is the largest nation in Asia. Most scientists will tell you that there is no such thing as 'race'. A minority take a different view - but then we end up with the problem of identifying 'races'. Are American Indians different from Asians? (Genetically, they're very similar) Are northern Indians, Afghans, and Iraqi Arabs Caucasian? etc etc. It's not a simple issue. So then most people accept that racism is anything that highlights phenotypic population differences. If a blond Icelander made derogatory remarks about the general appearance of Sicilians that would be as 'racist' as similar remarks being made about Kenyans... we don't have a word, "ethnicist", so "racist" does the work.

That said, you're right - it's not clear that the issue here was one of physical difference rather than 'simple nationalism'. The problem with the word 'nationalism' is that is has positive connotations for many - it can simply mean a feeling of pride in and loyalty to one's nation.

Finally, given the nature of the name of the lady complaining about these tourists, I wouldn't be surprised at all if she has a good deal of Chinese heritage. Heck - my bronze skinned Isaan gf has 15% Chinese ancestry (according to genetic testing we did), and her family is located as far from Bangkok (once a 'Chinese city') as possible.

I support Mr Sulapon, have any of you ever been to China

traveled through various airports, i have and i've seen the

Chinese play cards on the floor, various groups actually, but

as soon as a policeman appears everyone scrambles and

the cards disappear,,,

ALSO, To my surprise, in the Thai village, i went to stay

with my Kiwi friend married to a Thai lady, i asked if they

had a deck of cards for us to pass the time playing,

the reply from the Thai wife was

"What you want us go to jail''

Nothing was ever mentioned of this again.

Don't look at things through western tunnel vision.

I believe the airport authorities are looking at it through Thai tunnel vision and are saying it's ok.

Nothing to do with anyone it seems, especially know nothings like sulapon.

Edited by Bluespunk

This is because If Thais are playing cards they MUST be gambling as well.

Dosnt occur to them that the rest of the planet dosnt HAVE to be gambling to pay cards, then again have you ever played cards with Thais ? they cant even follow normal rules playing chess for gods sake.

• Like 1

Thainess at its best. Some of them just think their shit don't stink and that their in a position to judge others. If the Chinese was shitting in the pot plants it was a different story.

Mr. Sulapon, first look around your own backyard and BS going on in your own country and nationality before pointing fingers to some innocent Chinese card players minding their own damn business.

so, you've probably seen it before, where you suspect a dude is not playing with a full deck of cards, but you're not quite sure...

...until he opens his mouth, and confirms it.

Good to see SB's POLGEN set him straight

Edited by tifino

Seems innocent enough to me. Just 4-5 people occupying 4-5 seats, much more acceptable than those that lie across 4 seats selfishly.

Dig out the old ashtrays and let them use them as spittoons to help stop the surrounding floor becoming dangerously slippery!

I support Mr Sulapon, have any of you ever been to China

traveled through various airports, i have and i've seen the

Chinese play cards on the floor, various groups actually, but

as soon as a policeman appears everyone scrambles and

the cards disappear,,,

ALSO, To my surprise, in the Thai village, i went to stay

with my Kiwi friend married to a Thai lady, i asked if they

had a deck of cards for us to pass the time playing,

the reply from the Thai wife was

"What you want us go to jail''

Nothing was ever mentioned of this again.

Don't look at things through western tunnel vision.

The event was at BKK, not China. There are no Chinese playing cards on the floor, ok?

It is not a crime to play cards in Thailand.

• Like 1

why is anyone surprised?

its obvious to me that there are plenty of busy body judgmental thais out there waiting to bash any nationality bar their own.

not that its a thai only trait, but it does seem more pronounced here and when EVERYTHING is about appearances its no wonder.

"Dear Chinese!" Sulapon wrote. "This is an airport. You play cards in the middle of an airport? Have some respect. Don't think you can just do anything! #PleaseShare."

He passed the Thainess test with flying colours.

Prime example of a xenophobic educational system.

Sorry Thaddeus, but I disagree with you for a change. I truly believe the average Thai could not give a rat's ass about anyone playing cards in the airport.

This is fairly typical of the many threads that start off with Chinese tourists doing something wrong, and ends up with the Thais getting kicked up the ass for it.

We don't even know if this Sulapon actually exists, but if he/she does it is the reaction of a out and out moron, or a troll who just likes stirring the racial pot.

Not the feelings of the average Thai, at least not the Thai people that I know.

Sorry Thaddeus, but I disagree with you for a change. I truly believe the average Thai could not give a rat's ass about anyone playing cards in the airport.

This is fairly typical of the many threads that start off with Chinese tourists doing something wrong, and ends up with the Thais getting kicked up the ass for it.

We don't even know if this Sulapon actually exists, but if he/she does it is the reaction of a out and out moron, or a troll who just likes stirring the racial pot.

Please allow me to make a small correction then.

He is typical of the vacuous and vocal.

Empty vessels etc.

• Like 2

""Dear Chinese!" Sulapon wrote. "This is an airport. You play cards in the middle of an airport? Have some respect. Don't think you can just do anything! #PleaseShare."

Dear Sulapon, mind your own business and get a life you sad sack.

What is disrespectful about playing cards?

#Please stop sharing your ignorance and stupidity.

Seems like it was merely a Sarcastic statement. I know that a lot of Farangs don't understand sarcastic humor. Pretty silly to try to beat someone up for humor you don't understand.

""Dear Chinese!" Sulapon wrote. "This is an airport. You play cards in the middle of an airport? Have some respect. Don't think you can just do anything! #PleaseShare."

Why not disrespect all Thai culture? Don't cover arms in temple, can even play cards in front of the Buddah. Better everyone acts like the Chinese generals entering Lasa in the movie 7 Years in Tibet. What's disrespectful about calling get someone a sad sack? This refers to sack of shit presumably not rice.

A world with no respect, common decency no culture. Why didn't you stay over there?

The core of the issue is latent hostility of the Thais towards the Chinese since they disrespect Thais and treat Thailand like a trash dump.

Yesterday the wife was on the bus from Bkk back here to Jomtien with her 8 year old niece. Chinese couple took their seats and when my wife said something to the bus porter in Thai the Chinese called her a bitch in English. [emoji35]

• Like 1

What's next? "Dear Farang". Sulapon wrote. "This is our shopping mall. How dare you walk through it with your big nose and short shorts."

The core of the issue is latent hostility of the Thais towards the Chinese since they disrespect Thais and treat Thailand like a trash dump.

Yesterday the wife was on the bus from Bkk back here to Jomtien with her 8 year old niece. Chinese couple took their seats and when my wife said something to the bus porter in Thai the Chinese called her a bitch in English. [emoji35]

Now that's disgusting. What was the final outcome? Did the Chinese couple get ejected from the bus? Or just had to sit elsewhere?

True, I don't think anyone would give a crap about people playing cards. Doing something to stop yourself going insane waiting for a flight at an airport is a perfectly normal thing to do, in this case, this Chinese family have chosen to play cards, a pursuit I normally consider to be extremely boring but each to their own. Of course people like me almost never have to do any waiting at an airport, more running because we are constantly running late. But that's because I consider coming early to the airport a waste of time - as long as I'm there just before the check-in counter closes all is good.

Completely blind racist nationalist moron!

Thais and Chinese are the same race, Asian.

Not really any such racial category as 'Asian', is there. Indians, Arabs, and Israelis are all Asian. Russia is the largest nation in Asia. Most scientists will tell you that there is no such thing as 'race'. A minority take a different view - but then we end up with the problem of identifying 'races'. Are American Indians different from Asians? (Genetically, they're very similar) Are northern Indians, Afghans, and Iraqi Arabs Caucasian? etc etc. It's not a simple issue. So then most people accept that racism is anything that highlights phenotypic population differences. If a blond Icelander made derogatory remarks about the general appearance of Sicilians that would be as 'racist' as similar remarks being made about Kenyans... we don't have a word, "ethnicist", so "racist" does the work.

That said, you're right - it's not clear that the issue here was one of physical difference rather than 'simple nationalism'. The problem with the word 'nationalism' is that is has positive connotations for many - it can simply mean a feeling of pride in and loyalty to one's nation.

Finally, given the nature of the name of the lady complaining about these tourists, I wouldn't be surprised at all if she has a good deal of Chinese heritage. Heck - my bronze skinned Isaan gf has 15% Chinese ancestry (according to genetic testing we did), and her family is located as far from Bangkok (once a 'Chinese city') as possible.

There is the Human race and that is about it...

Chinese aren't the only ones disrespecting Thailand. Even thais have little apparent respect for their environment. Listening to Thais lecture the Chinese about manners is very tiring.

If u don't want them to come, stop offering your country as a tourist destination. If not, put up and shut up.

If you open house to visitors, it is very unbecoming to lecture them. Better not to invite them.

• Like 1

Now that's disgusting. What was the final outcome? Did the Chinese couple get ejected from the bus? Or just had to sit elsewhere?

Well my wife is only 95 pounds but speaks her mind when she gets upset. In flawless English she said something to the Chinese that turned the heads of some farangs on the bus. The Thai bus driver got the Chinese to move eventually.

I was at the pool yesterday talking with some Thais that own condos here at view talay 5. Thais and farangs integrate and get along much better than the Chinese so I don't know how much longer dear leader can maintain his pivot to China, ditching relations with the west.

Seems like it was merely a Sarcastic statement. I know that a lot of Farangs don't understand sarcastic humor. Pretty silly to try to beat someone up for humor you don't understand.

I understand sarcasm. This wasn't it.

Other things I understand and recognise

1. Bigotry

2. Racism

3. Prejudice

4. ignorance

Not all these exclusively apply to sulapon.

Edited by Bluespunk

Chinese aren't the only ones disrespecting Thailand. Even thais have little apparent respect for their environment. Listening to Thais lecture the Chinese about manners is very tiring.

If u don't want them to come, stop offering your country as a tourist destination. If not, put up and shut up.

If you open house to visitors, it is very unbecoming to lecture them. Better not to invite them.

I know a cartoon about that.

What's next? "Dear Farang". Sulapon wrote. "This is our shopping mall. How dare you walk through it with your big nose and short shorts."

Hey ! Hang on a minute fella, I have a big nose and .....................oh, my shorts are long and baggy. Sorry. biggrin.png