Two women shot dead in deep South

Lite Beer

Two women shot dead in deep South
The Nation

30258729-01_big.JPG?1429915460777

BANGKOK: -- Man and three children wounded in Narathiwat blast targeting officials

UNKNOWN gunmen yesterday shot dead two female rubber tappers in Yala, a province in Thailand's unrest-plagued southernmost region.

The victims, identified as hailing from a hilltribe from Chiang Mai province, had sustained gunshot wounds both to their heads and their bodies.

Police have found traces of a motorcycle falling down at the scene and thus believed the victims might have been riding the vehicle when they were suddenly attacked.

"Their attackers might have stolen their motorcycle because no vehicle was found at the scene," a police officer said.

Earlier in the day, a bomb also exploded in Narathiwat's Tak Bai district slightly wounding a man and his three children.

Police believe the blast was staged to lure security officials to the scene, where a second bomb was defused after security officials noticed a suspicious box.

"The box contained about 10 kilograms of explosives," a police officer said. "We found the box about 60 metres from where the other bomb went off."

The first bomb exploded as Mu-areeran Layornghor and his three young children - two boys and a girl - were returning to their house after exercising at a beach. Their motorbike was damaged.

The bomb was stuffed inside a modified cooking-gas cylinder.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, a military chief based in Narathiwat said the incident was likely related to insurgents commemorating the Dusun Nyor rebellion.

The rebellion took place on April 25, 1948, and caused 30 deaths, according to this source.

Colonel Pramote Phrom-in, spokesman for the Internal Security Operations Command Region 4's forward command, condemned the bomb attack.

"It's inhumane. The attack was done even to children," he said.

He said such an incident would hurt efforts to promote peace in the deep South.

The ongoing unrest has been plaguing Thailand's southernmost region for well over a decade already.

In Pattani, a bomb exploded on a road in Ma-Yor district yesterday morning when a security protection team reached the spot.

Fortunately, the team was in an armoured vehicle and no casualties were reported.

In Pattani's Thung Yang Daeng district, security officials found a banner reading "Four deaths will not be ignored" at the entrance to a village and quickly removed it.

The message on the banner likely refers to an operation by security officials that caused the death of four young men in the district on March 25.

While these men were initially labelled suspected insurgents, a fact-finding committee's report revealed that they were not connected to the ongoing insurgency.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Two-women-shot-dead-in-deep-South-30258729.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-25

The south is no different than Afghanistan. Exact same attacks.

Nonsense.

It's nothing like the violence and carnage that is happening in Afghanistan.

The violence in the south is terrible, but it is nothing like Afghanistan.

• Like 2

Nonsense.

Well I am ashamed to say that I used to not understand the situation in the South.

But watching documentaries from Afghanistan, with the madrassahs and the 5x daily drone.

It's not as violent as Afghanistan, but the same level of brutality, and the same idealogy.

And both are counter-jihad situations from the LE and military standpoint.

Edited by squarethecircle

Nonsense.

Well I am ashamed to say that I used to not understand the situation in the South.

But watching documentaries from Afghanistan, with the madrassahs and the 5x daily drone.

It's not as violent as Afghanistan, but the same level of brutality, and the same idealogy.

And both are counter-jihad situations from the LE and military standpoint.

The Southern conflict is a separatist/autonomy/independence issue, essentially it is not about religion. Religion plays a role but it is not the main driving force behind it. There are cowardly attacks and murders are taking place, however they are not on the level of Afghanistan in terms of frequency or brutality.

The motivations behind the civil war in Afghanistan are political and religious in equal measure. They drive each other and are in-separately entwined. There are others factors, regional warlords, drugs, power lust, but religion is a major factor.

The 2 conflicts are not the same, except they both have those prepared to murder and terrorise in the order to achieve their goal.

Cowardly scum, unfortunately, are everywhere.

• Like 1

i am not sure that decent rational people with one grain of common sense can fully understand nor explain the thought process that leads to the brutality that we are seeing in this attitu8de of what appears to be total hatrad of others who are just trying to live their life without interference to others.

• Like 1

Nonsense.

Schools bombed, students killed, teachers killed, monks killed, IED's, executions, drive by shootings, guerrilla tactics, funded by Islam. Actually, this is just like Afghanistan. The amount of attacks are just less.

Have you been to the southern provinces? Have you been to Afghanistan? I've been to both. ;)

Nonsense.

Schools bombed, students killed, teachers killed, monks killed, IED's, executions, drive by shootings, guerrilla tactics, funded by Islam. Actually, this is just like Afghanistan. The amount of attacks are just less.

Have you been to the southern provinces? Have you been to Afghanistan? I've been to both. wink.png

They are not the same, in scale, goals or motivation.

Islam is not funding nor is it the driving force behind the conflict in the south.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Nonsense.

Have you been to the southern provinces? Have you been to Afghanistan? I've been to both. wink.png

They are not the same, in scale, goals or motivation.

Islam is not funding nor is it the driving force behind the conflict in the south.

You sure? You have proof? I am really curious though could you answer this why are there so many apologists for islamic attacks?

People can use that religion to get someone to kill/bomb someone else.

@howitzer

Yes I am sure.

Where did I defend anyone using violence to advance their cause?

Please show me one example.

Just once when I have done anything but condemn the cowardly scum behind any act of violence.

Just one example will do, from any time since I joined this forum. Just one, go on, tell me when I did justify violence?

Edited by Bluespunk

@howitzer

Yes I am sure.

Just once when I have done anything but condemn the cowardly scum behind any act of violence.

Just one example will do, from any time since I joined this forum. Just one, go on, tell me when I did justify violence?

You're making the wrong statement because i didn't accuse you of defending anyone. I was merely asking why are there so many apologists whenever such terrorist attacks occur that involve islam and yes it does involve the religion does it not? Couldn't be christian or hindu or sikkism nor buddhist couldn't they? In fact if religion isn't even involved don't you think the terror attackers could be buddhist? What do you think?

@howitzer

Yes I am sure.

You're making the wrong statement because i didn't accuse you of defending anyone. I was merely asking why are there so many apologists whenever such terrorist attacks occur that involve islam and yes it does involve the religion does it not? Couldn't be christian or hindu or sikkism nor buddhist couldn't they? In fact if religion isn't even involved don't you think the terror attackers could be buddhist? What do you think?

If you weren't making the accusation against me then maybe it would be better to pose the question whilst not quoting my post.

I never said religion wasn't an aspect of the conflict, I said it wasn't the driving force behind it.

The conflict stems from the annexation of an independent state by Siam last century. It is essentially a conflict on regional autonomy?independence rather than a religiously driven one.

Let's stay on topic and cease needless bickering. I haven't seen anyone apologize for the attacks.

Analysis and questioning of events is not the same as condoning or apologizing for them.

• Like 1

@howitzer

Yes I am sure.

This forum is predicated on attacking without any kind of proof.

Don't expect justification or proof ever on TV.

• Like 1