Being laughed and sneered at by Thais.

they nailed you to the wall and were proud of it next time go in there and waste their time for 40 minutes asking stupid questions which they wont be able to answer and have a good laugh at them.

Yeah, that'll show em !

No one here was there, so everyone is just speculating based on the OP's one sided account of what happened.

My advice to the OP is to learn Thai so that the next time something like this happens, he can ask the Thai person directly why they are unpleasantly laughing and sneering at him.

• Like 1

They all hate us, pack your bags and move to a country that welcomes you with open arms, it's a Farangs only hope.

Always anazes me that with all the moaning and whining Farangs do on this forum, they still stay here by choice, why?

If it's that bad, why do you stay and suffer, why not just pack up and move on, now I know that doesn't apply to most TV members as most don't live here, but those that do and do nothing but complain, why stay ?

Pretty much the same as coming onto a form full of people you don't like just to bitch and moan at them.

Take your own advice and pack your bags and find a forum where only fluffy clouds and puppy dogs roam.

I quite agree old chap,,,There is nothing like a good old moan, Fxxk those curry munchers, clap2.gif

• Like 1

there are little ways to get back at the rude/overcharging ones.

i like the songtaw who asks for 80 baht to take you about 1 kilometer when you tell him your destination.

i ask which way he will travel to get there, how long will it take and will he pick up other riders? i am agreeable to his answers and then say i only have 10 baht, is that enough. some of them puff up like a puffer and face turns red before speeding off,

lots of little things/ways to upset those with the '' you must use my service'' attitude. never be disrespectful but be overly pleasent in questions, comments, etc.

i havewatched service people leave lugs nuts off of tires, let them let the jacks down and then point it out. i really enjoy living here even if they seem at times to be on another job, in another world.

• Like 1

They all hate us, pack your bags and move to a country that welcomes you with open arms, it's a Farangs only hope.

Always anazes me that with all the moaning and whining Farangs do on this forum, they still stay here by choice, why?

If it's that bad, why do you stay and suffer, why not just pack up and move on, now I know that doesn't apply to most TV members as most don't live here, but those that do and do nothing but complain, why stay ?

Pretty much the same as coming onto a form full of people you don't like just to bitch and moan at them.

Take your own advice and pack your bags and find a forum where only fluffy clouds and puppy dogs roam.

Berty, Berty, Berty, I don't know a single person on here, all I know is, the majority bitch and moan about Thailand and Thai people at every given opportunity, but I guess that's because they wouldn't dare do it in person to a Thai, ThaiVisa is their safe outlet.

• Like 2

Annoying, isn't it. People can be pretty immature over here. Similar to children in the states.

I think it comes from low education, low paying dead end jobs and such. They don't let themselves get mad or acknowledge problems so the frustration comes out in strange ways, like gossiping, snide looks, other unmanly or immature behavior etc.

• Like 2

Similar thing happened to me the other night at an airport shop while returning from India. I'd made a trivial mistake about which chocolates were 2 for 1, and result was the cashier laughingly relaying my error to his coworker.

It's a human condition: laughing at the misfortune of others helps us feel better about our own misgivings.

• Like 1

OP: Let me get this straight, you live here, have a daughter here, but don't know enough Thai to clear up a price discrepancy?

No, that's not straight.

You either didn't read the OP or are too stupid to understand it.

Happy Grumpy, Calling someone stupid because they didn't understand your post is questionable. Could it possibly be that the writer has inadequately expressed himself. I didn't call YOU names.

But I digress; where did I go wrong? You don't live here? You don't have a daughter here? You do speak fluent Thai?

I was hoping to give you advice (learning the language) so that you aren't always defensive when young salesgirls giggle. I myself love it when young girls giggle. But then I know what they are giggling about. And if there is no price tag on an item I know enough to ask the price (learned in about the second week of Thai class).

Good luck in the future and I do hope that your life sees you laughed at and sneered at less.

Edited by appleman
  • Like 2