What's wrong?

NoshowJones

Maybe I said it wrong, it's the thread that comes twice a day, it has the news, and people post asking for help with things, and sometimes finishes up with questions to the lawyer.

It was posted to me as usual, but everytime I click on to it , it just won't go. It has never happened before during my 4 years membership.

I think your referring to the emailed ThaiVisa Newsletter (from "ThaiVisa.com News Editor").

The ThaiVisa newsletter sent to you is a personalized copy containing unique links. Sometimes these links are broken (modified for some odd reason) when received by an email account or by plug-ins on your email client or browser on your computer.

Also, at the bottom of the email should be a VIEW WEB VERSION link. The links on THAT page should all work. A good idea to try it and see.

Could you please post the exact error message you are receiving in the browser window?

// edit .... .... ....

If this is indeed your issue (newsletter links not working) then you may want to take a look at this previous Forum Support Desk topic thread for more 'technical' information.

Started by brucegoniners, 2015-01-22 16:23
Edited by RichCor

OK, Possum, now you've given ME whatever it is you have !!

I use Google Webmail. Just now, clicking on *any* link in the email newsletter opens a second TAB that is immediately CLOSED. ARGHH!!!

The LINK only worked if I used "Copy Link Address", opened a new TAB and then used PASTE and GO

The issue is directly linked to my ABP Browser Extension.

When I disabled the extension and refreshed the webmail page, clicking the link worked as it should, opening a new tab and displaying the page.

I was also able to enable the extension and then (with the gmail webmail page displayed) click-off "Enable on this site" in ABP, refresh the webmail page.

Everything works fine now.

...hope that helps.

In future, please keep your issues to yourself. Thank you.

OK, Possum, now you've given ME whatever it is you have !!

I use Google Webmail. Just now, clicking on *any* link in the email newsletter opens a second TAB that is immediately CLOSED. ARGHH!!!

The LINK only worked if I used "Copy Link Address", opened a new TAB and then used PASTE and GO

The issue is directly linked to my ABP Browser Extension.

When I disabled the extension and refreshed the webmail page, clicking the link worked as it should, opening a new tab and displaying the page.

I was also able to enable the extension and then (with the gmail webmail page displayed) click-off "Enable on this site" in ABP, refresh the webmail page.

Everything works fine now.

...hope that helps.

In future, please keep your issues to yourself. Thank you.

I don't even know what Google Webmail is, and you mention Gmail Webmail. I don't want anything to do with Gmail, they were disatrious for me.

I won't be home till Friday, and I'm missing these news letters. there is no problem at all with anything else, so it must be down to Thaivisa itself.

I will now have to take my computer to the local engineer when I get home.

Maybe I said it wrong, it's the thread that comes twice a day, it has the news, and people post asking for help with things, and sometimes finishes up with questions to the lawyer.

It was posted to me as usual, but everytime I click on to it , it just won't go. It has never happened before during my 4 years membership.

My previous post (re: Google webmail) was just my example of what sounded like a similar issue to what you are experiencing. Sorry if my mentioning Google or gmail or even webmail confused you -- it isn't at all important to the issue.

What is important is that only just recently did I encounter issues with clicking newsletter links (and even other email url links) where a browser tab would be created for the clicked link and immediately disappear. In my case the issue is directly attributed to a browser extension that was silently updated and when I disabled the added browser extension temporarily the email url links opened a browser tab and displayed as they should.

I only mentioned it as a possible example because my issue cropped up only just recently and it sounded to me at least just like the issue you were having (minus the google gmail involvement).

It's possible the two similar occurrences are not even be related.

Can you describe what program you're using to read your email, and exactly what you see happening when you click a link and wait the page to display in a web browser?

That's a full week, and I although I always get my newsletters, when I click on the subject, it just goes back to the beginning.

The fault has to be with Thaivisa, can no one do anything? I have just bought a new laptop. and there are no problems there.

Am I the only Thaivisa member receiving news letters who can't get to read them unless I set up my laptop or smartphone?

If the *same* emailed newsletter opened on one computer has problems (it just goes back to the beginning) but works on a laptop or smartphone then the fault ISN'T with ThaiVisa.

If you want help solving this, can you tell us what application you're using to open the email, and what web browser opens when you click on a subject link in the newsletter.

Also, does your web browser have *any* browser extensions active.