Two People In Nan Province Die From Leptospriosis

Jai Dee

Public Health Ministry: two people in Nan died from Leptospriosis

The Ministry of Public Health has indicated that two people in Nan (น่าน) Province died from leptospriosis disease, following the flood situation.

Public Health Minister Phinij Charusombat (พินิจ จารุสมบัติ) warns people in Nan to be aware of flood-related diseases such as leptospriosis, diarrhoea, and conjunctivitis. He assigns the Department of Disease Control and the provincial public health office to take care of the local residents and provide information to them. In the meantime, he also warns people to wear boots before they will walk in flooded areas. He dispatches the local medics to look after the people in flood-hit areas and notified that they can request for medicines at the ministry’s medical units.

The Public Health Minister is concerned on the spread of other diseases and advises people to drink and eat products with certificates from the Food and Drug Administration.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 07 September 2006

Public Health Ministry: two people in Nan died from Leptospriosis

The Ministry of Public Health has indicated that two people in Nan (น่าน) Province died from leptospriosis disease, following the flood situation.

I was interested in leprosy awhile ago........after taking a relative to a leprosy village just past Chieng Dao....because their doctor was more respected than the doctors at the Chieng Dao hospital.

I tell ya....that waiting room was certainly interesting. Nice folks.

From what I understand....the leprosy virus also lives in the soil of Northern Thailand and that is why you should not go bare foot in the rice fields. Seems using a 'rubber' offers all sorts of protection.

...Ken

I was interested in leprosy awhile ago........after taking a relative to a leprosy village just past Chieng Dao....because their doctor was more respected than the doctors at the Chieng Dao hospital.

Unfortunately Ken it has nothing to do with leprosy, and they couldn't even spell it correctly!!

It's leptospirosis

It's an infectious disease that is caused by spirochetes, that are characterized by jaundice and fever, and are transmitted to humans by contact with the urine of infected animals. which is quite common in flood conditions and is akin to hepatitis. :o

Unfortunately Ken it has nothing to do with leprosy, and they couldn't even spell it correctly!!

It's leptospirosis

It's an infectious disease that is caused by spirochetes, that are characterized by jaundice and fever, and are transmitted to humans by contact with the urine of infected animals. which is quite common in flood conditions and is akin to hepatitis. :D

heaps of Dairy farmers every year in for example New zealand get lepto. As MM says, getting sprayed with urine and <deleted>, can make this disese an occupational hazard of dairy farmers.I have never heard of anybody dying though.. :o