World's top aluminium company will expand production in Thailand

webfact

World's top aluminium company will expand production in Thailand

BANGKOK, 5 May 2015 (NNT) - Industry Minister Chakkamon Phasukwanit has said after meeting with the president of Diaki Aluminium Industry (Thailand) Co., Ltd. that the company promised to maintain and expand its production site in Thailand to accommodate future growth of the Thai automotive industry.

Diaki Aluminium Industry (Thailand) Co., Ltd. is one of the world’s top five biggest aluminium manufacturers. Its factory at the Amata Nakhon Industrial Estate has received permission from the Department of Industrial Works to recycle aluminium dross as raw material for the green steel industry.

The Office of Industrial Economics has forecast that the Thai industrial GDP in 2015 would expand by 2-3% and the manufacturing production index 3-4%. The automotive industry’s production was expected to grow by 10% or 2.15 million cars due to an economic recovery in Thailand and its major export markets.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-05-05 footer_n.gif

"World's top aluminium company will expand production in Thailand"

After consulting Uncle Google, I find that the world's top aluminium companies are:-

1. U C Rusal - Russia

2. CHALCO - China

3. Rio Tinto ALCAN - Canada

4. ALCOA - USA

5.CPIC - China

DAIKI (not Diaki) is a Thai company affiliated with a world class secondary alloy maker. http://www.dik-th.in.th/daiki/aboutus.html

DAIKI is an aluminium recycling company.

A wee bit more care in the writing of such articles would not go amiss.

I can't recall a more misleading news article here that purports to show the economic might of a country. As Ratcatcher mentions above, this is an "affiliated Thai company" of a Japanese producer of secondary aluminium, nowhere near a top world producer, or The World's Top." cheesy.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I can't recall a more misleading news article here that purports to show the economic might of a country. As Ratcatcher mentions above, this is an "affiliated Thai company" of a Japanese producer of secondary aluminium, nowhere near a top world producer, or The World's Top." cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

Not to mention how future projections made not too long ago turned out to be "not what they initially projected."

in their defense, there ARE a lot more empty beer cans littering the country from all the out-of-work folk.

After consulting Uncle Google, I find that the world's top aluminium companies are:-

1. U C Rusal - Russia

2. CHALCO - China

4. ALCOA - USA

5.CPIC - China

DAIKI (not Diaki) is a Thai company affiliated with a world class secondary alloy maker. http://www.dik-th.in.th/daiki/aboutus.html

I think a lot of care was taken to present the company in the best possible light.

However that said, always good to see more effort being put into recycling.

1. U C Rusal - Russia

2. CHALCO - China

4. ALCOA - USA

5.CPIC - China

They may not be in the top 5 but they will be in the Hub of aluminium companies. Geeze I have to get that word Hub out of my mind it drives me crazy

nice, just what thailand needs, more aluminium polluting factories, people are not demented enough in this country right ?

I guess you live in a cave and drink water from the river......

The only thing that grows is the Junta's cabinet projections of optimism.

2015-02-25

- when compared to figures for December 2014, automobile sales for January 2015 fell significantly by 33%.

- domestic automobile sales have fallen by 12.9% for January 2015 when compare to the same period in 2014.

- economic volatility created by undefined economic policies put forth by the government.

- industrial confidence index for February 2015 has fallen for the first time in a period of four months
- auto production in Thailand in 2014 stood at 1.88 million units, down 23.5 per cent from the previous year
- 2015 exports could be affected by a slowdown of car exports to Russia due to its weakened ruble currency.

- exports of cars in 2015 are projected at 1.2 million units, almost equal to last year which stood at about 1.13 million units

Maybe the Junta needs to invoke Article 44 to overcome the laws of economics. Because the Thai automotive industry is braking hard from growth instead of accelerating towards growth.