16-year-old boy high on drugs robs Phuket pharmacy

webfact

16-year-old boy high on drugs robs Phuket pharmacy

1431059229_1-org.jpg
The boy is currently being monitored at VVachira Hospital.

PHUKET: -- A 16-year-old boy, high on drugs and armed with a knife, carried out a robbery at a pharmacy yesterday night (May 7). He took B2,000, but was caught and taken to hospital.

At 7:40pm Phuket City police were called to investigate an armed robbery at the Rakya pharmacy in Moo Baan Thepburi in Rassada.

Police arrived at the pharmacy and were told by an employee Chanikarn Hlongsama, 30, that she was in the store alone when a teenager walked in.

“The boy pulled out a knife, threatened me and then robbed me,” said Ms Chanikarn.

The boy took B2,000 from Ms Chanikarn and was leaving the store when Ms Chanikarn̕s husband, Suwichai Limpermpoonwat, 34, arrived.

Ms Chanikarn alerted her husband about the robber and he was able to apprehended him. He used his belt to tie the boy's wrists before calling the police.

The boy, Nan (not his real name), 16, was found to be under the influence of drugs and was was high when police arrived.

Police are currently monitoring the boy 24 hours at Vachira Hospital while he receives treatment. They have not yet questioned him so no charges have been filed.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/16-year-old-boy-high-on-drugs-robs-phuket-pharmacy-52209.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-05-08

And there are people on TV who want to legalis drugs. Shows you how stupid some of the contributors are

Would you have said the same if he was drunk on alco-pops?

Not all illegal drugs have the same effect! The kid was probably on Yabba, - the scurge of Thailand - or maybe swallowed a whole bottle of cough medicine.

Will we ever hear what was in his bloodstream- doubtful. But neither your opinion or mine will make any difference, but you surely don't believe all (any?) of what you read /see on Thai media?

And there are people on TV who want to legalis drugs. Shows you how stupid some of the contributors are

"Drugs" is one of those words that produce a knee jerk reaction. Food is a drug, and they're not all the same. Coca Cola or salad? They're both drugs.

I'm in the camp that says legalise marijuana and Kratom (but use responsibly, such as don't operate heavy machinery when using, much the same as you might say about alcohol), and go heavy against Meth (more so than cocaine or heroin even (and Pharma) - though I don't like the thought of either of the former two being in society, and the latter with serious eyes wide open, as they're not all the same either). Others will have their own take, but "Drugs" is one of those words we need to take a deep breath before judging.

Try taking an extra large intake of Wasabi sauce and tell me you don't get a huge gentle and pleasant euphoric high (it bites for a couple of seconds, but it's not like a spice). That's just food, but chemically it's amazing stuff (though they may make it illegal one day).

Would you drink a "Solvent" if I challenged you to? (like Water?).

I don't think anyone could argue against the fact that overall alcohol causes far more damage and deaths than any illegal drug, but it is a drug all the same. Can't ban it though as governments around the world make too much money from it in taxes.

"Drugs" is one of those words that produce a knee jerk reaction. Food is a drug, and they're not all the same. Coca Cola or salad? They're both drugs.

I'm in the camp that says legalise marijuana and Kratom (but use responsibly, such as don't operate heavy machinery when using, much the same as you might say about alcohol), and go heavy against Meth (more so than cocaine or heroin even (and Pharma) - though I don't like the thought of either of the former two being in society, and the latter with serious eyes wide open, as they're not all the same either). Others will have their own take, but "Drugs" is one of those words we need to take a deep breath before judging.

Try taking an extra large intake of Wasabi sauce and tell me you don't get a huge gentle and pleasant euphoric high (it bites for a couple of seconds, but it's not like a spice). That's just food, but chemically it's amazing stuff (though they may make it illegal one day).

Bizarre nonsense.

Bizarre nonsense.

Highly educational response.