Suthep to face malfeasance charge over the police station scandal

Suthep to face malfeasance charge over the police station scandal

207485-imagejpeg-314058-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The subcommittee of the National Anti-Corruption Commission has decided to charge former deputy prime minister Suthep Thuagsuban of malfeasance in office for arbitrarily changing the method of the bid for the construction of 396 police stations in defiance of a cabinet’s resolution.

The subcommittee said that Mr Suthep was fully aware that the National Police Office would have to call bid for the construction of the police stations in each region as proposed by the NPO and endorsed by the cabinet.

And if the NPO had wanted to change the method of the bid, it would have to seek the cabinet’s approval, said the subcommittee, adding, however, Mr Suthep, then deputy prime minister of the Democrat-led government, arbitrarily changed the method by holding just one bid for the construction of all the police stations across the country.

Mr Suthep signed the order changing the bidding method in 2009. And the company which won the bid was unable to fulfill the contractual commitment to build 396 police stations and eventually abandoned the job.

(Photo : ThaiPBS file)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-to-face-malfeasance-charge-over-the-police-station-scandal

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-14

Did he thing he'd get away with it ?

1 bid cheesy.gif

Based on my experiences of doing business here in the weird and wonderful LoS, one bid is all it takes when you have already arranged your kickbacks.

And the answer to your question is a resounding "yes" ... they all think they can get away with anything, cos they are above the law ... and rarely are any serious punishments/consequences dealt out once you reach a certain level in "society".

OK,,,, now it's only six years after the fact, almost 400 un-built cop shop's and WERE'S THE MONEY??????????????

plenty of time to cover the money trail,

But wait there's stuff on this guy from twenty years ago that is STILL UNASNSWERED, (Land deals, palm oil, etc,) there's been a lot of people out there that have said this guy is protected and maybe now it's time for the masquerading monk to pay the piper, Well about bloody time, Wait a sec, my bad he's protected, case closed.

YO,,, coastas, djjamie, Halloween, and the others out there that have this BRO-MANCE with this low life, where are you? normally your out in force proclaiming he's innocence and his almost divinity, the problem is this guy will walk as usual and so the beat goes on.

My challenge to you is do your research and show us just what he is accused of, has he answered for the charges and why has it been so long to get the questions answered?

And not just him, his kids also, the fruit don't fall to far from the tree, or have those charges been lost or quietly let go as per usual.

OK,,,, now it's only six years after the fact, almost 400 un-built cop shop's and WERE'S THE MONEY??????????????

But wait there's stuff on this guy from twenty years ago that is STILL UNASNSWERED, (Land deals, palm oil, etc,) there's been a lot of people out there that have said this guy is protected and maybe now it's time for the masquerading monk to pay the piper, Well about bloody time, Wait a sec, my bad he's protected, case closed.

YO,,, coastas, djjamie, Halloween, and the others out there that have this BRO-MANCE with this low life, where are you? normally your out in force proclaiming he's innocence and his almost divinity, the problem is this guy will walk as usual and so the beat goes on.

My challenge to you is do your research and show us just what he is accused of, has he answered for the charges and why has it been so long to get the questions answered?

And not just him, his kids also, the fruit don't fall to far from the tree, or have those charges been lost or quietly let go as per usual.

Doubt there are many defending him. You don't see them defending him. I also don't defend Suthep and hope he gets jailed. But unlike topics where reds are charged nobody is crying political or bombing the country.

Guess yellow supporters are brighter in general.

I must congratulate the junta for going after a real high person on the democrats side.. wonder how the reds can now justify the its political. Seems they are MORE serious now as ever before about corruption. (still far from perfect)

Doubt there are many defending him. You don't see them defending him. I also don't defend Suthep and hope he gets jailed. But unlike topics where reds are charged nobody is crying political or bombing the country.

I must congratulate the junta for going after a real high person on the democrats side.. wonder how the reds can now justify the its political. Seems they are MORE serious now as ever before about corruption. (still far from perfect)

"Guess yellow supporters are brighter in general"

you must be the exception to the rule then - arrogant nonsense

Edited by LannaGuy

I hope he goes to prison for twenty years just so some posters on this forum will stop saying, "but, but, but Suthep..." I don't think he is well-liked by anyone. Because of that, maybe some justice will be done. I think he was only 'liked' when he had power to share. I'm not going to hold my breath, though. TiT

Just look at the difference in posts.. nobody here is crying political or getting angry about this. The moment one of the reds get caught its always political. I find that not really bright and this topic just proves my point. We see someone who is accused of corruption and we want him to go to jail. A redshirt get accused and its political according to the followers. I find the difference telling.

Posts someone with an Avatar using the divisive Lanna name. Guess we can see where your sympathies lie?

Interesting that those who oppose the Shin mafia clan also want to see all corrupt politicians and civil servants prosecuted and if convicted punished realistically.

Those who support the Shins only want to see anyone who opposes the Shin's prosecuted and punished. They simply dismiss all accusations against the criminal, his family and their cronies as "politically motivated" and some do seem to actually believe the Shins are honest - incredible as that may seem.

The implicit/explicit corruption involved with Suthep besides, In any case I think it may have been a good idea to move the corruption from every local Police organization in the country (396 to be exact) and move all that corruption into one single place, namely the before mentioned persons pockets. If there is going to be corruption, why not make it centralized and at least control the amount of money that disappears.cheesy.gifrolleyes.gif

No problem with real investigations and if substantiated real prosecutions. But, if you're going back 20 years for one, then that should apply to all, regardless of side, color of shirt, family name etc.

Chalerm, Thaksin, Number 1 cousin, little sister and not so little sister, the appointed non democratic UDD leaders, all PTP MPs and affiliates. Then you've got all the democrats, PAD, civil service, police, military and all their affiliates to go at. Former Bangkok governors might be interesting!

Someone might even suggest too much work, too many people, easier for start again, zero the clock, blanket amnesty - but that would probably be the one who thought he was the worst, had most to loose and hide.

The implicit/explicit corruption involved with Suthep besides, In any case I think it may have been a good idea to move the corruption from every local Police organization in the country (396 to be exact) and move all that corruption into one single place, namely the before mentioned persons pockets. If there is going to be corruption, why not make it centralized and at least control the amount of money that disappears.cheesy.gifrolleyes.gif

Please explain your definitions of implicit and explicit corruption.

Just look at the difference in posts.. nobody here is crying political or getting angry about this. The moment one of the reds get caught its always political. I find that not really bright and this topic just proves my point. We see someone who is accused of corruption and we want him to go to jail. A redshirt get accused and its political according to the followers. I find the difference telling.

using the "yellows are brighter than reds" is the telling thing

Posts someone with an Avatar using the divisive Lanna name. Guess we can see where your sympathies lie?

Interesting that those who oppose the Shin mafia clan also want to see all corrupt politicians and civil servants prosecuted and if convicted punished realistically.

Those who support the Shins only want to see anyone who opposes the Shin's prosecuted and punished. They simply dismiss all accusations against the criminal, his family and their cronies as "politically motivated" and some do seem to actually believe the Shins are honest - incredible as that may seem.

arrogant nonsense but nice try... I am against ALL corruption whether yellow, red or orange

stop stereotyping

PS "Lanna" is divisive??? wow... just wow.. how ignorant...

Edited by LannaGuy

Really, it is hard to believe the gullibility of many on here,

Do you honestly believe there is any intent behind this charge? It is just more smoke & mirrors to try to give the impression of a semblance of impartiality. Junta lies & deceit.

It might have taken several years before the police stations were (not) built but golly, it has only taken a few hours for some pretty formidable deflector shields to be erected on this forum!

But hey, no more than is due to "The Mandela of the East"!!

Really, it is hard to believe the gullibility of many on here,

Do you honestly believe there is any intent behind this charge? It is just more smoke & mirrors to try to give the impression of a semblance of impartiality. Junta lies & deceit.

That was to be expected, from the reds. But to be fair it seems that on both sides the high ranking ones seem to go free. It would be nice to see YL in jail and Suthep too. I won't hold my breath for it. You got a fair point.. but on both sides they seem to get off too often.

Maybe it's because for every yellow that gets charged numerous reds get done. Even to the short sighted it must be obvious that it's a revenge mission with just the odd Democrat prosecuted for something, for which he'll be found not guilty. Edited by jesimps

It might have taken several years before the police stations were (not) built but golly, it has only taken a few hours for some pretty formidable deflector shields to be erected on this forum!

But hey, no more than is due to "The Mandela of the East"!!

Please tell me who is defending Suthep in this topic ? Where is the deflector. I see most people here wanting him prosecuted. Both reds and yellow or whatever color. Unlike in the red topics where its all political.

Now we must wait what happens.. but justice goes slow here.. on both sides.. just look at the article of the BKK governor. That is so long ago and nothing came of it. sad.png

Maybe it's because for every yellow that gets charged 50 reds get done. Even to the short sighted it must be obvious that it's a revenge mission with just the odd Democrat prosecuted for something, for which he'll be found not guilty.

Even shortsighted people should see that its easier to find corruption in the previous ruling party (PTP) then a party that has not been in power long. Its all about who had more opportunity to commit crimes. Usually the ones in power are the ones that enrich themselves. Guess what party has been dominant.. logic demands then that they are the corrupt ones. Not because the other side is honest.. its more about opportunity.

Good enough explanation for you

Maybe it's because for every yellow that gets charged 50 reds get done. Even to the short sighted it must be obvious that it's a revenge mission with just the odd Democrat prosecuted for something, for which he'll be found not guilty.

Even shortsighted people should see that its easier to find corruption in the previous ruling party (PTP) then a party that has not been in power long. Its all about who had more opportunity to commit crimes. Usually the ones in power are the ones that enrich themselves. Guess what party has been dominant.. logic demands then that they are the corrupt ones. Not because the other side is honest.. its more about opportunity.

No! Not even slightly decent. So things like the airport seizure, blocking elections, total disruption in Bangkok, intimidation of government officials, etc etc etc. This doesn't count because the Dems weren't in 0ower at the time. Sheer nonsense.

No! Not even slightly decent. So things like the airport seizure, blocking elections, total disruption in Bangkok, intimidation of government officials, etc etc etc. This doesn't count because the Dems weren't in 0ower at the time. Sheer nonsense.

I think you make my point about the reds in general not being too bright. We were talking about corruption and punishment for that. Corruption only happens when your in a place of power. What you are talking about is something totally different and has no bearing on this topic or going after corrupt people.

This kind of thread really does highlight the difference between the red-shirts supporters and the regular farang on here.

I hardly even bother checking threads like this these days because they are usually chock full of hate-fuelled, semi-literate rants by half-wits who have no actual point to make.

Malfeasance, self-enrichment, corruption, cronyism, nepotism, abuse of power, cartels, price fixing, usury....all synonymous with the decades of 'elite' rule. Now patiently waiting for change in hopeful expectation.