Is this the most stupid thing they have done in CM?

thaibeachlovers

This is old news, entrance into the road from the 108 end has been blocked for ages.

I too cannot see any reason or logic behind it, but this is Thailand where the word logic is not even listed in the Thai dictionary.

............the word logic is not even listed in the Thai dictionary..... Thhat can't be true.

It is perfectly logical.

Anyone who has ever driven out of the airport at peak hour, down that airport road exiting onto Hang Dong road and waited to get out for 30 minutes, while 3 or 4 cars come in the opposite direction knows that it was a very clever traffic change to one-way.

The 2 lanes flow very efficiently out into Hang Dong rd even at the busiest times.

It means an extra few minutes driving past Central to get into the airport going up Hang Dong road, but since that is also 2 lanes going into the airport, the entire system is smooth and does not take much more than 5 minutes.

It made zero sense having 2-way traffic when 1 of the lanes was hardly used.

Think.

It is perfectly logical.

Anyone who has ever driven out of the airport at peak hour, down that airport road exiting onto Hang Dong road and waited to get out for 30 minutes, while 3 or 4 cars come in the opposite direction knows that it was a very clever traffic change to one-way.

The 2 lanes flow very efficiently out into Hang Dong rd even at the busiest times.

It means an extra few minutes driving past Central to get into the airport going up Hang Dong road, but since that is also 2 lanes going into the airport, the entire system is smooth and does not take much more than 5 minutes.

Think.

have they lengthened the green light time so that plenty of cars can join 108?

The answer is no. This is stupid, and guess what? they're not Thai.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2452794/Council-workman-painted-double-yellow-lines-parked-cars-waiting-move.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2594089/Are-Britains-pointless-double-yellow-lines-They-just-18-inches-long-corner-Kingston.html

A little tip, if you're going to spend your life in Thailand with the view that everything they do that doesn't suit you, or that you don't understand is because they are all stupid, you aren't going to be very popular or happy.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

To do "the most stupid thing in CM" they really have to get the "thinking-hat" on - maybe they will allow more "red cars" to pollute the air with their Black smoke coming out, disgusting - honestly CM dosent have the most brainy people at the municipal ...

About three weeks ago I traveled down Wua Lai Rd into Thipanet Rd and onto 108 at the Crossover.

I then went down to red lights at Somphot CM 700 Rd turned right and up to Mai Hai and on to Yummy Pizza. (Greensides Map of CM )

I return reverse to take my mate to his hotel and

If there was some "Most Stupid Thing" then it failed to register as of any consequence.

john

The answer is no. This is stupid, and guess what? they're not Thai.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2452794/Council-workman-painted-double-yellow-lines-parked-cars-waiting-move.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2594089/Are-Britains-pointless-double-yellow-lines-They-just-18-inches-long-corner-Kingston.html

A little tip, if you're going to spend your life in Thailand with the view that everything they do that doesn't suit you, or that you don't understand is because they are all stupid, you aren't going to be very popular or happy.

That one about the short double yellow lines reminds me of the most pointless travelator ever that is located on the pedestrian bridge leading to MBK.

It is perfectly logical.

Think.

Similar but now traffic can easily turn left and there are basically 2 lanes that can turn right, so much more efficient, a definite improvement.

I like the intersection on Chiang Moi road where where you turn right towards Thapae road.

The one place in Thailand where one drives on the right. It's a mindscambler.

That actually makes complete sense as the road runs between 2 others that are one way. It would be a complete nightmare without it.

It is appropriate. I actually never noticed until somebody recently pointed it out to me whilst I was a pillion rider on his moto.

It is perfectly logical.

Think.

I think the green light is about the same, but with 2 lanes funneling out, you usually get out on the same set, or maybe the next at worst.

It also improves when you come out of Central Airport and take that route back to the 108...much more efficient that hitting a peak airport time and being in that queue for 10 sets of light.

Somebody studies Queuing Theory 101 at school.

Now all they need to do is finish the flyover by Airport Plaza. It's only half finished. Need access ramp direct from 108 north bound to drive east towards Promenada, & one to take traffic from the airport the same direction. And while they're at it, one from Promenada direction feeding directly into Airport Plaza car park, top floor w00t.gif

While I liked the back way into the airport coming from Hang Dong traffic moves more smoothly around and out of the airport....

With the advent of leadership that wants to improve things there are a lot of intersections where they have done minor changes that have made a major positive change to the flow of traffic....I've been glad someone took the time and initiative to notice.....

Since there are no rules or regulations regarding traffic or driving in the Kingdom, what difference does it make? Going the wrong way seems to be a privilege that many drivers exercise regularly. Just do what you want. Even if there were rules, the police wouldn't know what they are.

Also, there are no signs indicating that the access road to the airport is one-way, two-way, or any-way. At first I thought it was temporary, but I think they are going to wait until the road paint wears off, then order signs at the same time they repaint it.

You are wrong here,...they have rules and regulations just like in you're country, but they are not enforced.

And a lot of people don't know or don't care to follow them....When my wife did her driving licence 4 months ago in C.M. , she said the regulations were almost similar to my European country. were she learned it to...

But , from the 80 people in her class almost all came driving a car or motorbike....and 2 were driving for 20 years without a proper driving licence......

I remember a survey by the government some some years ago. They tested the rules and regulations knowledge of the traffic police in Bangkok.....and more than 600 failed miserably.....not knowing the basics.....

Best regards

Edited by off road pat

This is old news, entrance into the road from the 108 end has been blocked for ages.

I too cannot see any reason or logic behind it, but this is Thailand where the word logic is not even listed in the Thai dictionary.

Less pressure on the intersections at the flyover and the main Airport Plaza intersection.

And it works.

Guess they have more logic than you thought. :rolleyes:

Since there are no rules or regulations regarding traffic or driving in the Kingdom, what difference does it make? Going the wrong way seems to be a privilege that many drivers exercise regularly. Just do what you want. Even if there were rules, the police wouldn't know what they are.

Also, there are no signs indicating that the access road to the airport is one-way, two-way, or any-way. At first I thought it was temporary, but I think they are going to wait until the road paint wears off, then order signs at the same time they repaint it.

Since when did road marking paint mean anything?

Especially when in the pattern of a zebra whistling.gif