A good experience at a Thai funeral,

Pagan7

I have seen many posts on TV regarding western men being ripped off by TGF and or family. I would like to relate my recent experience. This may balance the books somewhat. We, my TGF (of 15 months) and I were planning on buying a house next year and I would move from Australia to live out the rest of our lives in Thailand. Unfortunately she got sick with pneumonia and subsequent complications and died 12 days ago. I had been back several times to see her and each time left in the belief that she was getting better. I got a phone call to say something bad happening in Thailand she would die soon, I was devastated and sure enough an hour later another call to say she had gone.

The family strongly wanted me to go to the funeral rites. I was unsure but decided to go, very glad I did. The family could not have done more for me I was treated like a cherished and loved older relative. I am 65 , my beloved was 54. There was never a hint of she your girlfriend you pay for funeral. I only had to look like I wanted to sit down and a chair would instantly appear, constantly offered food. One day after the cremation we went to a river for a swim with my GF' 40 year old niece and assorted members of the family. I happened to slip on some rocks, no damage done. But when we got back the sister of my GF gave the niece a hard time, " why you not take him etc etc".

I left and returned to Australia very comforted by their kindness and it seems I really do now have a Thai family, I can go there any time.

First of all let me offer you my most sincere condolences on your loss.

Personally when I read posts on TVF (not so often) such as your it makes me think just that little bit more of how lucky I am in my relationship and how lucky you were, in even for a little while having such a loving relationship.

Having outlived most of my previous family including wife and child I offer my thanks to my God on a daily basis for the loving wife and the family that now considers me as a very well loved member.

Good luck in your life and thanks for a nice post

Regards

Harvey

Mate, I'm really sorry to hear on the passing of your girl friend.

It must have been very difficult for you not being there when she passed.

I'm glad the funeral was a positive experience for you and I wish you all the best for the future.

Take care.

Sad story. .....I agree that there are some very good people here. Its just sad that so many people, myself included have grown to expect a scam or to be taken advantage of. Nice when it doesnt happen

Hope your doing well.

"Nice experience"

His girl friend died so I don't think that you can call that a nice experience.

Sorry for your loss and am glad that you were treated well during your time of grief.

Condolences to you for your very untimely loss, although the whole experience is a tragedy for you the treatment you received must have been heart warming and reassuring, easy to see why you're girlfriend was so special coming from a family like that.

It may not be much consolation to you but most people go through life and never experience a relationship like you and your partner had, cherish the memories my friend as they are the reason we are here.

Thank you for sharing this with us and all the very best for the future...

Blessings and Best Wishes to You!!

May God continue to comfort you and guide you in the future.

Remember her each moment ... and treasure her dearly.

She will be with you now .. each step of your remaining life.

I prefer Thailand far more than USA.

My Thai wife and I are back on Maui for a few months, yet I miss

my wife's family in Tha Bo (Nong Khai) as they love me and treat me with

respect.

Bless you always.

steve

sorry for your loss but not sure why you would want to share this with everyone ?????????

OP - wrote

"I have seen many posts on TV regarding western men being ripped off by TGF

and or family.

I would like to relate my recent experience. This may balance the books somewhat."

If you would have read that, you had no reason to post. blink.png

Thai Visa com should be also a bit of a extended family,

brought together by our interest for the Thai country and often their female inhabitants.

So its full ok to share our thoughts and experiences in that big Thai Visa family.

Seems you see it differently and want not to be part or that "family". whistling.gif

sorry for your loss but not sure why you would want to share this with everyone ?????????

This is a decent forum for airing views, experiences and thoughts, like most other sites it has more than it's fair share of cynical, depressing and sometimes borderline racist contributions.

There are many contributors who have forgotten their life in this fantastic country is a privilege and not a right.

The original contribution was at the other end of the scale. it was refreshing and uplifting. Yes there was tragedy for the OP which we all sympathize with, but at least they had each other even if it was for a short period.

Like many others I am glad he took the time to share this with us, I hope this is cathartic for him and helps with his grieving, it was a wonderful break from the other childish and unfunny contributions we see all too often.

Once again my condolences too you...

Well I am thankfull that you did share with Thavisa. There are far to many cynical, negative things on the forum regarding the Thais and their ways.

It seems many of Thai Visa members do not or will not try and understand the ways of a third world country.

There are many good Thais yet we rarely hear about them.

Good news is No news or so it seems.

My condollences to you and your GF's family.