Bank of Thailand is confident Q2 economy would perform better

webfact

BOT is confident Q2 economy would perform better

BANGKOK, 20 May 2015 (NNT) - Governor of the central bank Prasan Trairatworakul is confident that the nation’s economy during the 2nd quarter will recover, and the prospect will be presented to a Monetary Policy Committee meeting next month to see if the national monetary policy could be eased.

The Bank of Thailand Governor claimed that the government has implemented many short and long term measures to stimulate the economy.

The BOT Governor also indicated that the GDP growth of 3 percent in Q1 as reported by the office of the National Economic and Social Development Board was satisfying as the figure coincided with the bank’s projection.

Mr. Prasan said the slowdown in the Kingdom’s export was directly proportional to her trading partners’ economic performance, especially China. Thailand’s export growth in the first quarter dipped 4.3 percent, affecting local consumption and earnings in the agricultural sector.

He however viewed that the competitive price exports actually benefited from the depreciated baht, which also signified the recovering local economy. Mr. Prasan said the BOT would present the matter to the Monetary Policy Committee meeting on June 19, to see if the nation should relax the monetary policy.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-05-20 footer_n.gif

"BOT is confident Q2 economy would perform better" - if what?
would
wo͝od,wəd,(ə)d/
verb
modal verb: would; modal verb: wouldst
  1. 1.
    past of will1, in various senses.
    "he said he would be away for a couple of days"
  2. 2.
    (expressing the conditional mood) indicating the consequence of an imagined event or situation.
    "he would lose his job if he were identified"

GAWD I must be horribly bored to keep reading this ill-written articles.

"The BOT Governor also indicated that the GDP growth of 3 percent in Q1 as reported by the office of the National Economic and Social Development Board was satisfying as the figure coincided with the bank’s projection."

A projection takes place AHEAD of an event.

BOT was projecting 4.8% for 2015 as late as 2014-12-26.

BOT lowered its projection on 2014-12-26 to 4.0%.

BOT changed its projection again on 2015-03-11 to 3.8%.

Now BOT projects 3%.

How can that be satisfying when it dropped its projection by almost 38% within a three-month period?

I see all the Thaksin Trolls are out trying to make the non-Thaksin government look bad. I see that all of you know more than this government and are experts on the Thai economy. Any chance of hiring one of you to be my financial advisor? /sarc

I see all the Thaksin Trolls are out trying to make the non-Thaksin government look bad. I see that all of you know more than this government and are experts on the Thai economy. Any chance of hiring one of you to be my financial advisor? /sarc

It's not hard to make a non - thaksin government look bad.