Prayut to revoke all Thaksin’s passports

Lite Beer

Prayut to revoke all Thaksin’s passports

29-5-2558-16-52-22-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said he will order authorities to revoke all passports which are held by the former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

“How many passport book colors exist, brown, red, blue. I’ve heard they were revoked but is that all. We’re checking if… has 3 or 4. They will be all revoked,” Prayut said.

Gen Prayut was commenting on yesterday’s revocation of two passports held by the fugitive former prime minister following his press interview to a South Korean media in which he made several remarks deemed detrimental to national security, damaging the country’s dignity and reputation.

And significantly authorities have deemed his remark lese majeste.

The Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Phumphanmuang is now considering whether to strip Pol Lt Col Thaksin of his police rank after the committee on police rank scrutiny recommended to strip his rank for making several defaming remarks.

The Council of State has also scrutinized the remarks after the police committee sought legal consultation on its recommendation to strip him of the police rank.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prayut-to-revoke-all-thaksins-passports

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-30

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he planning on invading Montenegro, UAE, Nicaragua, Uganda and Zimbabwe?

Only the Thai ones.

I always thought that Thais were not permitted 2nd, 3rd, 4th or more passports.

If Thaksin has a diplomatic passport from Montenegro he could always return to Thailand on it and claim diplomatic immunity. I suspect that he wouldn't get far if he tried though.

Didn't Yingluck go to Montenegro when she was PM? She went to so many places I lost track through lack of interest.

Not even the government knows how many....

I suspect former FM Surapong may know.

There is a centralised database containing full details of all regularly-issued Thai passports. The database would not contain information on passports issued through non-standard channels. I'm still waiting for my "New Year's Gift" from former FM Surapong.

But with his remaining passports, TS could still enter more countries than could the junta

The current PM doesn't believe a 5 star all-expenses-paid world tour is part of his duties.

Edited by halloween

But with his remaining passports, TS could still enter more countries than could the junta

The current PM doesn't believe a 5 star all-expenses-paid world tour is part of his duties.

No he simply believes the suppression of his own people against their wills is. Bravo General!

No he simply believes the suppression of his own people against their wills is. Bravo General!

Boring ! You are just trolling now. coffee1.gif

Whereas Hal was making some brilliant political insights

Yes and he belives that because he can't access a lot of Worldwide countries.

Whereas Hal was making some brilliant political insights

Pointing out to you and others that your hero Thaksin isn't whiter than white nor the savior of all mankind is certainly a good reminder at least.

I'd rather the current temporary political suppression than the killings perpetrated at Thaksin's behest on innocent civilians over the years or the countless libel lawsuits brought against anyone that ever spoke out against Thaksin, or, or ... the list goes on.

No big deal if he has no Thai passports. In 2018 the 10 year terms will have expired. Chuan Lekpai brother stole 10 million dolalrs from Thai Farmers Bank (Kasikorn) and came back after 10 years without seeing a day in jail. TIT - Same same

Yes and he belives that because he can't access a lot of Worldwide countries.

No it's because he understands that his job is here.

No big deal if he has no Thai passports. In 2018 the 10 year terms will have expired. Chuan Lekpai brother stole 10 million dolalrs from Thai Farmers Bank (Kasikorn) and came back after 10 years without seeing a day in jail. TIT - Same same

DOH! There is no SoL on a conviction, or on the more serious charges waiting his return.

Only the Thai ones.

If Thaksin has a diplomatic passport from Montenegro he could always return to Thailand on it and claim diplomatic immunity. I suspect that he wouldn't get far if he tried though.

Didn't Yingluck go to Montenegro when she was PM? She went to so many places I lost track through lack of interest.

Yes Yingluck went there ,was a top priority to help to thank them for their kindness giving her brother a passport.Then they offered that country special allowances on visas coming here,all

reported in reliable media.Montenegro rates as one of the most corrupt countries in the world so it was quite appropriate.

Most being countries that the junta and most other people would have zero desire nor reason to enter.

Like Australia ??...........................coffee1.gif

The guy plundered the country, didn't want to face the courts so chose for exile. Still he compulsively keeps messing with Thailand. Nothing wrong with the Kingdom kicking back some.

Our missunderstood fugitive should watch out for a sledgehammer if he doesn't stop his messing.

He will soon be 66. Good age for retirement. He doesn't seem to realise that there's only one way for him to return to LoS: do his prison term and face other trials.

My suggestion for him: lay low and forget about Thailand. Plenty of things he can do with his billions.

Only the Thai ones.

Didn't she go to temp millions of tourists to come to Thailand---and do trade deals cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They obviously don't want him back.

A Lese Majeste charge will guarantee that he gets asylum pretty much wherever he chooses.

Lets not think for one minute this was done in error, it's a deliberate move to keep him out.