Thai govt rules out revenge from Thaksin camp

webfact

Govt rules out revenge from Thaksin camp
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- THE GOVERNMENT'S move to strip former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra of his police rank does not require Thailand to raise its alert level, the Prime Minister's Secretary-General said yesterday.

"Everything is normal," General Wilas Aroonsri said.

It depends on the public in general and the media who should contribute to the country's stability, he said.

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, who is also head of the National Council for Peace and Order, has said the country needs to be stable, prosperous and developed in a sustainable way, he said.

So every sector of society has to cooperate, he said.

Once stability occurs, economic prosperity would follow, he said.

Everyone has good intentions Earlier last week, Pol General Somyot Poompan-moung, chief of the National Police, ordered each region of the country to be vigilant after the decision was made to strip Thaksin of his rank.

However, the government had not assessed that a particular situation was likely to evolve.

"[We] believe that everyone has good intentions towards the country and knows what to do," Wilas said.

The secretary general said the media should help in disseminating information about what is right and wrong according to the law.

The government was performing its duty along with other agencies.

"I insist that there is no particular concern regarding this matter," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Govt-rules-out-revenge-from-Thaksin-camp-30261359.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-01

The red reflex is about 4 years. This is how long it took for mass spontaneous rioting in Bangkok after the coup. I am assured by numerous red rankers including the notorious Silesian aristocrat red fanzine editor that the riots were only becasue of the coup and nothing to do with the Thaksin asset seizure which preceded the riots by hours. So in 4 years time we will know how the reds feel about revenge.

We all have our own opinions regarding the "attempted red coup" of 2010.

I believe it was a spiteful reaction to Thaksin's assets being seized.

Could not care less what the reds say.

Thai officials are their own worst enemies as they just have to talk.

A couple of days ago Thaksin was to lose his passports so the national police chief went public with his announcement he had put the BIB on high alert.

Now Mr.T is to lose his police rank but the govt isn't worried about any reaction.

Apart from thinking before speaking do these people ever co-ordinate responses?

Every sector has to cooperate.... Read: You will do as we say and you will like it.

Of course in relation to 'ruling out revenge from the Thaksin camp' it simply means that justice is seen to be served. Can't complain about and still be thought of as fighting for democracy and the rights of the common men.

Is anyone else like me regarding OP's like this. The Thai authorities are such 'drama queens' - unless of course it's simply the reporting method.

Goodness knows what's going to happen when something really big happens here. facepalm.gif

Like most people I think I am just surprised that a convicted criminal (with outstanding charges) can still hold an elevated Police rank, it may be procedural but I just can't fathom why he has retained any position at all?

As for any perceived "red revenge" I believe with every passing month the chances of this happening are receding, I am not an expert on the dynamics of Thai politics but I don't think you have to be. With every trial or investigation that takes place, more and more details emerge as to the corruption, malpractice and theft from the previous administration. Yes there are those with a vested interest who would be happy to see further turmoil and suffering for the ordinary Thai on the street, but will they be able to mobilize enough numbers to cause sufficient conflict to enact change?

I may be wrong (but hopefully not) that enough of the previous supporters have seen enough uncovered to realize what was actually taking place, that the previous propaganda was just that, lies and white noise to keep the masses happy and compliant.

A return to the nepotism and cronyism of the previous dynasty would be a disaster for Thailand, the Thai economy was headed for a fiscal cliff when the required change was enforced, only the most misguided among us would genuinely see the previous model as being preferable.

Powerful though they may have been I believe the Shin dynasty has had their day, time now for the Thai people to look forward and to be part of the new and emerging Asia...

Is anyone else like me regarding OP's like this. The Thai authorities are such 'drama queens' - unless of course it's simply the reporting method.

Goodness knows what's going to happen when something really big happens here. facepalm.gif

....................."Goodness knows what's going to happen when something really big happens here.".......................

You may well find out soon if the criminal ex-pm gets nasty and sends some crumbs to his red-mercenaries and sends them into action.

I can tell you what will happen then, the Thai media will report everything ass about face. whistling.gif

Like most people I think I am just surprised that a convicted criminal (with outstanding charges) can still hold an elevated Police rank, it may be procedural but I just can't fathom why he has retained any position at all?

As for any perceived "red revenge" I believe with every passing month the chances of this happening are receding, I am not an expert on the dynamics of Thai politics but I don't think you have to be. With every trial or investigation that takes place, more and more details emerge as to the corruption, malpractice and theft from the previous administration. Yes there are those with a vested interest who would be happy to see further turmoil and suffering for the ordinary Thai on the street, but will they be able to mobilize enough numbers to cause sufficient conflict to enact change?

I may be wrong (but hopefully not) that enough of the previous supporters have seen enough uncovered to realize what was actually taking place, that the previous propaganda was just that, lies and white noise to keep the masses happy and compliant.

A return to the nepotism and cronyism of the previous dynasty would be a disaster for Thailand, the Thai economy was headed for a fiscal cliff when the required change was enforced, only the most misguided among us would genuinely see the previous model as being preferable.

Powerful though they may have been I believe the Shin dynasty has had their day, time now for the Thai people to look forward and to be part of the new and emerging Asia...

Nice points and well said.

However I have some reservations about whether the paymaster / the udd / red shirts are finished, Here's why:

- Just recently a new senior guy joined my adult Thai sons workplace. It didn't take long before the new guy (senior position) started to sprout about how wonderful the paymaster is and he claims everything people say about the paymaster is total lies / based on lies, including the conviction and the outstanding charges 'all total lies'. Also all total lies about the losses etc., etc., in regard to the rice scam.

Further, he says he knows that the paymaster will be back and he knows already that the paymaster will share his wealth with everybody because he's a good man and he wants to help poor people.

Same guy has made it clear that the subject is not open for discussions - just 'you listen to me, I know' approach.

His spiel also regularly goes into how very bad abhisit is and he claims:

- Abhisit (the yellows) is now the leader of the rich and bad elites and abhisit now has so much power that he is the person who directed the NCPO to conduct the coup. And the general etc., are frightened of abhisit and they do as he tells them.

Also says abhisit, using his elite power is directing the police and the courts with illegal instructions to punish the paymaster, yingluck etc., and they have done nothing wrong and we have to fight them.

So, from the new man at son's work, 'what do you want' more of the very bad elites or a good man to return and save the country and take care of everybody?'

Red democracy schools comes to mind.

Edited by scorecard

The proof will be when Thailand ends the vacuum ruling junta government and gets back to reality, Thailand has many worry-some traits , some are which you can wake up dead in the morning or you can just disappear or be shot the sh!!t out of, from a AK 47 wielding pillion passenger and Thai's have very good memories when it suits them, revenge could even be a rouge operator and not known to anybody , revenge, maybe its just a question of time. coffee1.gif

They opened a can of worms.Instead of just ignoring Thaksin they continually bring him back in to the limelight.

I guess it's so they can say alert levels need to be heightened article 44 and martial law are essential to maintain order and elections will have to be delayed-again!

They opened a can of worms.Instead of just ignoring Thaksin they continually bring him back in to the limelight.

I guess it's so they can say alert levels need to be heightened article 44 and martial law are essential to maintain order and elections will have to be delayed-again!

Actually it's Thaksin activities and statements (or those of his Pheu Thai party members) which make him visible and difficult to ignore. It's not as if the government lifted a rock and there he was.

Amazing how this government fails to govern ! Its ones more a hunting government with only one goal, killing Taksin and all his family/followers.

Its about time they start governing, Oh, sorry, they don't have a clue how........

Amazing how this government fails to govern ! Its ones more a hunting government with only one goal, killing Taksin and all his family/followers.

Its about time they start governing, Oh, sorry, they don't have a clue how........

Another same-same remark from a disillusioned Thaksin/Yingluck/Redshirt supporter who is yet to see the light.. It is really boring to see this crap.