Australian consular services in Phuket

Lite Beer

Australian consular services in Phuket

The Nation

PHUKET: -- Australian citizens in Phuket do not need to travel to Bangkok for consular services during June 10-11, as the Australian Embassy's Consular Section will visit the province.

The embassy announced today that from 9am to 4pm, the temporary office will provide the following services:

• Passport applications

• Notarial services

• Statutory declarations for marriage, retirement visas and driving licence renewals

• Witnessing documents

• Certified true copies of documents.

The services will be available at the following address:

77/77 Unit 6D Moo 5, Chalermprakiat Rama 9

Rasada Sub-District, Muang Phuket District

Phuket Province

Tel: 076 510 111

Source: nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-03

Ironically Thailand's consulate will be visiting Australia June 13 to 15.

Saves the travel involved but I suspect an appointment time is necessary perhaps. Still, great news.

Edited by krisb

I phoned the Consulate today to see if they had plans for July....no visit to Phuket in July. Might be a once only thing but a pity as many Australians live in the South...bloody long way to visit Bangkok....and expensive.

I phoned the Consulate today to see if they had plans for July....no visit to Phuket in July. Might be a once only thing but a pity as many Australians live in the South...bloody long way to visit Bangkok....and expensive.

From memory the last Consular visit was in mid February, it was around that time anyway. Perhaps they are making 3 monthly visits to Phuket, which is much better than before, so perhaps the current consul and the embassy staff are endeavouring to help us Aussies in the South.

Are people aware that an Australian consular team are visiting Chiang Mai every three months and offering the same services as mentioned? Their last visit was on the 20th May. I went there on that occasion wanting a passport application for a minor living in Australia, my signature was needed on the form and it was my intention to post it EMS to Australia, consular official said to me 'we can do better than that, go to hotel reception and have someone witness your signature, tell us which passport office the application will be lodged at and we will send it for you' this was on a Wednesday and she told me it would probably be in the Melbourne passport office the very next day or Friday at the latest. Guess consular mail travels quicker than Thai post or anyone else's post for that matter. Cost, nothing. I mentioned that I had recently flown to Bangkok to get their embassy to witness the affidavit showing income required by the immigration here in Chiang Mai to get my visa extension, she said to me next time just come to us and we will do it for you on the spot free of charge. As opposed to a return flight to Bangkok, meals, 490 baht consular charge for half a minutes work.