Baht buses to get safety upgrade

Rimmer

Would be better to stop over loading the baht bus

They should set a max amount of people on board at any time.

The fools who stand on the back are just that, fools.

Any extra training for the drivers can only be good. smile.png

I'm not a frequent user of bahtbuses, but AFAIK the max amount of passengers is 11.

Would be better to stop over loading the baht bus

They should set a max amount of people on board at any time.

The fools who stand on the back are just that, fools.

Any extra training for the drivers can only be good. smile.png

I'm not a frequent user of bahtbuses, but AFAIK the max amount of passengers is 11.

11? Have you ever seen baht buses doing the school run? They get 30 kids sardined in there & hanging off the back.

Wow ! . nets on the sides of the public transport system in Pattaya to prevent theft, and for protection of the passengers.

That sends a message of comfort to any potential Tourist who was thinking of spending their hard earned cash in the city. coffee1.gif

Wow ! . nets on the sides of the public transport system in Pattaya to prevent theft, and for protection of the passengers.

That sends a message of comfort to any potential Tourist who was thinking of spending their hard earned cash in the city. coffee1.gif

bad idea anyway

"safeguarding tourists and residents from both poor drivers and thieves."

Doesn't this describe most of them?

"Countless passengers have gold jewelry snatched from the necks by thieves on motorbikes as they sat in the back of the songthaews. Roaming gangs of transvestite pickpockets also target tourists riding in the back of the baht buses"

C'mon now, they steal no matter where you sit.

Maybe a little policing of the ones who steal would help.

Speaking of overloaded baht buses/songthaews, I've only ever noticed men and boys hanging off the back. It's almost like there's an unspoken agreement that the girls get to ride safely inside while the (presumably more disposable) males take their chances on the back?

Plenty of females on the back but I guess you're right a higher percentage of males. People will often give up their seats to feeble looking people. That's sweet.

In Chiang Mai, they are all closed in on the sides ... Not only is it good for stopping thieves, but good on a rainy, windy day....

Would that have been too much to consider, or did the brains used in brainstorming not go past a "net thing" and all its problems....

I guess Nets are better than having the Police do something to actually prevent crime and that sort of thing....

Edited by thhMan

The last time I took one the driver started from origination point with 16 passengers and picked up three more on the way to Jomtien. Theft can easily occur in a baht bus too...my friend had wallet lifted by guy sitting next to him. There should be limit to how many people these pickup trucks can handle.

I really like the baht bus service and use it a lot to get around. But I very rarely get on one at any of the origination points around town.

In Chiang Mai, they are all closed in on the sides ... Not only is it good for stopping thieves, but good on a rainy, windy day....

Would that have been too much to consider, or did the brains used in brainstorming not go past a "net thing" and all its problems....

I guess Nets are better than having the Police do something to actually prevent crime and that sort of thing....

They do a get a little hot though. I prefer the open sided ones myself, they have covers that roll down for rainy days. Anyway I'm not that concerned about people being separated from vulgar shiny trinkets so much as I am concerned about the risk to life and health. Perhaps that is not a Thai way of looking at things.

And the first class idiot award goes to :) Part of me thinks this is a joke, but the other part knows that they are actually serious. We all know what the primary safety problem is: clueless drivers who drive too fast, apparently thinking they are race car drivers.

doesn't habe the police such vehicles, protected with iron bars ??

I think they would be more safe,

as the driver could lock the door on the back side too !!

it would be also preventing tourists to jump off when the car still in move,

or to prevent they jump off without payment !!

you also have to do a brain storming !

40 degrees , traffic jam, no fan, no AC and all sides are closed !

Ok, IN CM you have to protect you from smoke of ricefield burning,

and no view anyway for the tourist !!

If you ever heared or seen,

in Pattaya, you have a beach and some sigh viewing for passengers !!

And the first class idiot award goes to smile.png Part of me thinks this is a joke, but the other part knows that they are actually serious. We all know what the primary safety problem is: clueless drivers who drive too fast, apparently thinking they are race car drivers.

Alot of them are jerks. You can report problems with jerk drivers : 1584 Make sure you have a Thai do the talking for your complaint.