Import used BMW motorcycle into Thailand

omepayen

I think you don't need a guide, and cheap accommodation is well anyways, food also, I never cross China with motorcycle yet, but I'm gonna pass my Chinese driving license I guess, will be so much easier then

Good luck. Especially with learning to read and speak Chinese!

I think in a place like China a guided tour with support is warranted. But that's just me!

I think you don't need a guide, and cheap accommodation is well anyways, food also, I never cross China with motorcycle yet, but I'm gonna pass my Chinese driving license I guess, will be so much easier then

Feel free to do it this way, i was merely sharing the way that i am planning to ride to Thailand. I'm not doing the ride to import the KTM cheaply, I'm doing it for fun. The following year i plan to ship the samd bike to USA and ride up to Alaska then over to Newfoundland, down to New York and then route 66 back to the west coast.

Sure you can transfer any intl licence to a 6year chinese one...

but only AFTER you received your residence permit in PRC and passed the written test

A temporary and time limited licence is all what you can get if lucky. Start and end date are mentioned on it.

There is some way to do, like exchange your driving licence with a hong kong one, and than going main land China to exchange to hk one to the Chinese one

The import topic is continuously here and other forums. Amazingly there was never any thread reporting success

Or a guide/info made a sticky thread to assist future interested parties to find easily.

This might assist newbies and save duplication.

Edited by DILLIGAD