Sophon Cable 150 digital channels

hound

The quality of the analog signal varies from day to day. I asked them if my address was capable of getting digital; they said they would get back to me, they didn't, conclusion: NO. Not all residents are able to use digital. And yes they moved the channels a bit this past weekend, but only a bit, go figure. Johng, where is 'my area' please?

I signed up for the digital service with 150 channels in HD beginning last May. I ran thru the channels and found that there was not even one new English language channel in the lineup that differs from their normal lineup. There may have been a sports channel or two, but I don't watch those. No new stations or program offerings. A waste of time. However, since I paid one year in advance, it only costs 300 bat a month, same as normal service. So for me. No loss, no gain. Just have to remember to pay it again next May....

• 1 year later...
On 6/26/2015 at 9:22 AM, johng said:

That was me telling everyone about the 1st December digital terrestrial transmitter switch on for Pattaya and Siricha.

Apparently if you have Sophon cable TV you can now get a ( different )box from them offering 150 digital channels.

Someone said they bought a box from Big C and connected it to the Sophon cable network and got bad reception and only 25 channels I can only Imagine that is possible because Sophon /and or the condo incorporates the DTT signal maybe from the Bangkok transmitter into the feed they provide.

Got a box from Sophon Pattaya - NOTE they are not ALWAYS in STOCK.    Great 150 digital channels.   If your condo uses standard cable splitters - channels may not work.   Splitters we have are able to support 5mgz - 250mgz.    here is site for movie listings in ENGLISH for Movie channels TWO  FOUR  SIX  -   http://www.pattayamail.com/stv/wednesday.html     Attached is list of channels as of the date of this post available for viewing in pdf printable.       

SophonDigitalTVpattayaChannels.pdf

20 channels ...sheer luxury

when  I where a lad there was only 3

they all closed at midnight with the national anthem played ( for which everyone stood up of course)

+ we where so poor the tv was black and white not colour.

:sad:

21 minutes ago, johng said:

20 channels ...sheer luxury

when  I where a lad there was only 3

they all closed at midnight with the national anthem played ( for which everyone stood up of course)

+ we where so poor the tv was black and white not colour.

:sad:

Yes remember it well, had never seen BBC2 until we got a new TV.

7 hours ago, Dickygozinya said:

Got a box from Sophon Pattaya - NOTE they are not ALWAYS in STOCK.    Great 150 digital channels.   If your condo uses standard cable splitters - channels may not work.   Splitters we have are able to support 5mgz - 250mgz.    here is site for movie listings in ENGLISH for Movie channels TWO  FOUR  SIX  -   http://www.pattayamail.com/stv/wednesday.html     Attached is list of channels as of the date of this post available for viewing in pdf printable.       

I'm confused.  I have Sophon cable TV in my Jomtien condo and probably get about 150 channels (never counted...) and some of them are ID'd as being HD, but the channel numbers are nothing like the .pdf file that you shared.  They are grouped in series:  Non-Thai news channels are in the 700's (starting with Bloomberg at 700), foreign non-news channels (movies, dramas, etc) are in the 600's (starting with a movie channel at 600), etc.

While my condo was being renovated, I stayed in a unit down the hall which had fewer channels, none of the HD ones, and different channel number.  When I asked at the front desk they said it may be because my TV (a Samsung "smart TV") is able to decode the digital signal whereas the one in the rental was older and only got analog.  I have no converter box of any type.

Edited by wpcoe

Yes it would make sense that your newer TV has a built in Digital tuner and the older TV has an analogue tuner and that the condo are supplying down the same cable both digital and analogue signals...maybe internet too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2017 at 7:20 PM, wpcoe said:

I'm confused.  I have Sophon cable TV in my Jomtien condo and probably get about 150 channels (never counted...) and some of them are ID'd as being HD, but the channel numbers are nothing like the .pdf file that you shared.  They are grouped in series:  Non-Thai news channels are in the 700's (starting with Bloomberg at 700), foreign non-news channels (movies, dramas, etc) are in the 600's (starting with a movie channel at 600), etc.

While my condo was being renovated, I stayed in a unit down the hall which had fewer channels, none of the HD ones, and different channel number.  When I asked at the front desk they said it may be because my TV (a Samsung "smart TV") is able to decode the digital signal whereas the one in the rental was older and only got analog.  I have no converter box of any type.

Hi WPCOE -  I agree with JohnG   if your TV is analog you will get the Sophon 75 channel analog lineup as attached 

AnalogSophon.jpeg

On 8/2/2017 at 11:36 AM, Dickygozinya said:

On 8/2/2017 at 7:20 PM, wpcoe said:

1 hour ago, Dickygozinya said:

Hi WPCOE -  I agree with JohnG   if your TV is analog you will get the Sophon 75 channel analog lineup as attached 

AnalogSophon.jpeg

My confusion is not about the analog channels.  It's about the digital channels I receive vs the digital channel numbers shown on SophonDigitalTVpattayaChannels.pdf

3 hours ago, wpcoe said:

My confusion is not about the analog channels.  It's about the digital channels I receive vs the digital channel numbers shown on SophonDigitalTVpattayaChannels.pdf

Yes well on the analogue channels sheet the channel nos. bear no relation (or little) to what I have as well. Also that list still shows Universal which has been replaced by Warner Bros.

I have never understood why the channel nos. varied so much - 2 TVs in different locations in the house and some of the channels were on different numbers..............

My guess was it could only be to the internal scanning/numbering formats used by the TVs.